News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Kevin on November 21, 2018, 09:17:30 PM
I'll throw it out there. Is Platinum to be the new colour for NX buses?
Because the logic of "people sitting on the 50 for 40 mins shouldn't have less comfort than passengers on the X51 for the same length"
So therefore every route should be treated with the same logic, turn the Outer Circle Platinum....

(to be read with a sprinkling of sarcasm, sorry Tony but I'm using your logic against you)
Your comment to me makes no sence?
Whats wrong with the 50 using vehicles with high backed seats, wifi and usb chargers, its honestly no different to the X51, X20, or any other route in my opinion.
I'm sure most people on a route like the X20, or any other route (23, X2, X51, 50, etc), don't mind the added extras over a standard vehicle, using the X20 as an example there are many on that route who aren't familiar with the route (one of users) who no doubt will find the next stop anouncements useful, but they're probably only on the bus for 15 - 20 minutes (The X22 I caught one morning went from being full to virtually empty at the University and QE), what difference is that to anyone travelling between Great Barr and Birmingham only the X51 or what diffecnce is the X51 to anyone travelling between Kings Heath and Birmigham on the 50.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Kevin

Quote from: 2206 on November 21, 2018, 09:34:34 PM
Your comment to me makes no sence?
Whats wrong with the 50 using vehicles with high backed seats, wifi and usb charchers, its honestly no different to the X51 in my opinion

But where would the upgrades stop?
Why shouldn't the 11 get Platinum? Why shouldn't literally any other route?
The Platinums should mark out premium routes, yeah have the WiFi and high backed seating etc for any other new deliveries but why does it need to be Platinum?
(A question which was answered with "why not advertise the upgrades with the Platinum livery?")

So, basically, using the logic that all passengers should be worthy of the benefits of the Platinum, and that those benefits should be advertised, then all new buses in future should be Platinum, otherwise people will feel hard done by
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Trident 4194

Quote from: Kevin on November 21, 2018, 09:42:33 PM
But where would the upgrades stop?
Why shouldn't the 11 get Platinum? Why shouldn't literally any other route?
The Platinums should mark out premium routes, yeah have the WiFi and high backed seating etc for any other new deliveries but why does it need to be Platinum?
(A question which was answered with "why not advertise the upgrades with the Platinum livery?")

So, basically, using the logic that all passengers should be worthy of the benefits of the Platinum, and that those benefits should be advertised, then all new buses in future should be Platinum, otherwise people will feel hard done by

I agree the platinum brand has been completely devalued. To me it seems as though they are quite cheap. Soon the PN 9 to get platinums, why not make the 126 too, then you get the whole of the Hagley road grey? The 50 isn't express, therefore it shouldn't be platinum in my opinion.

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 21, 2018, 10:10:20 PM
I agree the platinum brand has been completely devalued. To me it seems as though they are quite cheap. Soon the PN 9 to get platinums, why not make the 126 too, then you get the whole of the Hagley road grey? The 50 isn't express, therefore it shouldn't be platinum in my opinion.
I don't see why it should be strictly restricted to express or limited stop services either?
Maybe it has generated some growth and NX are expanding it. I don't realy see how that devalues it either.

Quote from: Kevin on November 21, 2018, 09:42:33 PM
It'd probably devalue it more if you went with that idea, by having these feature on standard buses, with only certain routes carrying the platinum livery. Whats the point in that, it doesn't realy make much difference to the average passenger if the bus is grey or it is red.

Will they ever fit USB chargers to 6701 - 6758 at some point though to match the rest of the platinum brand?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Trident 4194

Quote from: 2206 on November 21, 2018, 10:13:42 PM
I don't see why it should be strictly restricted to express or limited stop services either?
Maybe. it has generated some growth and NX are expanding it. I don't realy see how that devalues it either.
It'd probably devalue it more if you went with that idea, by having these feature on standard buses, with only certain routes carrying the platinum livery.

Generated some growth? I doubt on every single route they've upgraded they've seen growth. The fact they aren't buying any crimson buses anymore suggests that one day we might get a fleet full of grey buses? Oh and what is really worth it repainting the tridents into a livery which could soon be redundant in say 5 years time?

Trident 4609

Quote from: MasterPlan on November 21, 2018, 09:33:02 PM
Speaking of liveries, will Coventry's Platinums be in the same livery as the current fleet or will it be different like Dundee with the Palladiums?

Emerald*

Palladium is the name given for Blackpool Transport's vehicles that have all the customer friendly mod cons (like NX, seems all new orders are to this spec now)

Tony

Quote from: Kevin on November 21, 2018, 09:17:30 PM
I'll throw it out there. Is Platinum to be the new colour for NX buses?
Because the logic of "people sitting on the 50 for 40 mins shouldn't have less comfort than passengers on the X51 for the same length"
So therefore every route should be treated with the same logic, turn the Outer Circle Platinum....

(to be read with a sprinkling of sarcasm, sorry Tony but I'm using your logic against you)

Yes for new buses

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Nathan on November 21, 2018, 10:20:02 PM
Palladium is the name given for Blackpool Transport's vehicles that have all the customer friendly mod cons (like NX, seems all new orders are to this spec now)

The MD of Blackpool Transport has a vision that no buses will be older than 5 years by 2020.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

winston

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 21, 2018, 10:19:50 PM
Generated some growth? I doubt on every single route they've upgraded they've seen growth. The fact they aren't buying any crimson buses anymore suggests that one day we might get a fleet full of grey buses? Oh and what is really worth it repainting the tridents into a livery which could soon be redundant in say 5 years time?

High spec buses are becomming the norm these days, in an attempt to help stem the decline in falling passenger numbers / and potential growth.

That's why the bulk of the NXWM fleet since 2015 have been to Platinum spec and not confined to just express routes.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 21, 2018, 10:19:50 PM

When (If) they have a full fleet of "grey" buses, then you could paint them any colour you wanted when they needed a repaint. The whole point of the colour and the Platinum name in a way is marketing. When PN get there new allocation it should mean that all buses travelling between Stourbridge and Halesowen to Birmingham will be Platinum ones and you can market it like that.

Since the Dudley bus review, the 9 frequency has been reduced Monday to Friday off peak to every 10 minutes and jusdging by some of the buses I have seen recently, I could well imagine that NX might decrease that even further by maybe running every other bus only between Halesowen and Birmingham which is where the passenger volume seems to be. That is why Platinum is being introduced to try and reverse this trend and make buses more popular.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

monkeyjoe

As for passenger numbers I have seen a notice saying that 100,000 extra people are using the buses compared to this time last year , platinum effect one could say may be who knows.

Trident 4194

Quote from: 2900 on November 22, 2018, 09:22:02 AM
As for passenger numbers I have seen a notice saying that 100,000 extra people are using the buses compared to this time last year , platinum effect one could say may be who knows.

I think not. The only reason why people use buses is a) because they can't drive b) can't afford a car
C) travel into Birmingham where traffics awful

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 22, 2018, 09:31:07 AM
I think not. The only reason why people use buses is a) because they can't drive b) can't afford a car
C) travel into Birmingham where traffics awful

Are you deliberately thick?

MasterPlan

Quote from: Winston on November 21, 2018, 10:42:10 PM
High spec buses are becomming the norm these days, in an attempt to help stem the decline in falling passenger numbers / and potential growth.

That's why the bulk of the NXWM fleet since 2015 have been to Platinum spec and not confined to just express routes.

Very true, when I went to Liverpool recently most if not all of their buses had free WiFi.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk