News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterPlan

Quote from: CL on October 19, 2018, 08:10:26 PM
6689 (not my photo)
https://flic.kr/p/Q5ECNo

I've only just checked out the XD thread.  :-[

Looks really good. Makes me miss the Hybrid green on the Geminis.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

CL

Quote from: MasterPlan on October 20, 2018, 01:09:23 AM
Looks really good. Makes me miss the Hybrid green on the Geminis.
Green certainly suits the MMC, very well.

Not keen on the graphic on the lower part of the bus, if I'm honest. I'm not particularly sure what you'd call it, as well; but having said that, I've heard it been referred to as the 'tide'/'swoop'. But I digress.

I get that, as premium spec vehicles, they'll have to set themselves apart from the generic branded ones. It appears, in this case, the 'Emeralds' have opted in a livery variation, where an aspect of the basic livery design has changed, to do so. I feel now its angular 'swoop' doesn't quite fit in with the curves on the rest of the livery or, indeed, the curves of the MMC body itself.

Nevertheless, it's a minor issue which I see myself coming round to like it... eventually. Not like I'll be heading to Dundee anytime soon. ::) :P
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

P419 EJW

Quote from: CL on October 20, 2018, 01:25:37 AM
Green certainly suits the MMC, very well.

Not keen on the graphic on the lower part of the bus, if I'm honest. I'm not particularly sure what you'd call it, as well; but having said that, I've heard it been referred to as the 'tide'/'swoop'. But I digress.

I get that, as premium spec vehicles, they'll have to set themselves apart from the generic branded ones. It appears, in this case, the 'Emeralds' have opted in a livery variation, where an aspect of the basic livery design has changed, to do so. I feel now its angular 'swoop' doesn't quite fit in with the curves on the rest of the livery or, indeed, the curves of the MMC body itself.

Nevertheless, it's a minor issue which I see myself coming round to like it... eventually. Not like I'll be heading to Dundee anytime soon. ::) :P

It will be branded so I think the squared off swoop will be a part of the branding.

Tony

With delivery of the next batch of buses expected to start in under 3 weeks I will be putting the fleetnumbers & body numbers on the main site tonight along with the allocations of the first 22

BK63 YWP

The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

SK68MEV

If u count the E400 MMC's for Yardley would excluding the 2 unbranded one it's 22 and the platinums are 22 for Yardley wood so they are for the 50 I'm presuming
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

TT90

Makes sense for the 50...Any idea which route the current e400 mmc buses will be moved to ?

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: TT90 on October 24, 2018, 09:52:34 PM
Makes sense for the 50...Any idea which route the current e400 mmc buses will be moved to ?
AG 11A and 11C I think

John

SK68MEV

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on October 24, 2018, 10:02:52 PM
AG 11A and 11C I think
no I think they will keep the germinis there's a possibility the move to the 2 and 3
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

I,ll add my 10 pence worth, yardley woods current MMC,s could upgrade west broms Dudley rd enviro 400 trident2 which are former yardley wood branded 50s,, 22 boards and 2 peak time extras.
some of these 4700s are starting to  look shabby being the first to be Crimson refurbs especially under the gold stripe. 4700s could in theory replace the 4200s my guess

Another point most major corridors into city have relatively newish buses 4700s are now 10/11 years old, Dudley rd did in past receive 3 sets of new volvos between 2000/2006

filbus1

Quote from: 2900 on October 25, 2018, 07:53:54 AM
Another point most major corridors into city have relatively newish buses 4700s are now 10/11 years old, Dudley rd did in past receive 3 sets of new volvos between 2000/2006
Its not going to happen but they could stay at YW and upgrade the 35, the 11 is favourite.

Solo1

Wonder if some buses will moved to Coventry to get rid of the Y reg tridents & at other depots

markcf83

In regards to the news on the first arrivals at Yardley Wood I will suggest this-the displaced Enviros go onto the 2/3 replacing older Tridents which in turn can remove the oldest Tridents at YW.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk