News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

Quote from: monkeyjoe on October 16, 2018, 08:21:05 PM
94 or any east Brum routes contenders this time round?  ;)

Rumours are the 14 is going SD

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

monkeyjoe

Tony

Quote from: the trainbasher on October 16, 2018, 08:28:54 PM

There are a lot of silly rumours about, as well as some that are very close to what will happen, but none have yet been signed off by the board so no detail yet

monkeyjoe

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on October 16, 2018, 08:01:10 PM
The only thing so far 100% decided is 6686-6700 will start to arrive in about 3 weeks and will be for the 22 route

What's the 22 route??

John

Trident 4194

Kevin

Quote from: Tony on October 16, 2018, 08:35:03 PM
There are a lot of silly rumours about, as well as some that are very close to what will happen, but none have yet been signed off by the board so no detail yet

The fact they've ordered them all as Platinum spec but they didn't originally have a plan of where to put them speaks volumes about how much they value they value the brand
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Trident 4194

Quote from: Kevin on October 17, 2018, 02:18:51 PM
The fact they've ordered them all as Platinum spec but they didn't originally have a plan of where to put them speaks volumes about how much they value they value the brand

My only question is why there are no platinum single deckers? Got a fleet of leather double deckers and then a fleet of standard single deckers? Do adl give you a BOGOF deal for the platinum mmcs at the moment?

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Trident 4194 on October 17, 2018, 02:33:09 PM
My only question is why there are no platinum single deckers? Got a fleet of leather double deckers and then a fleet of standard single deckers? Do adl give you a BOGOF deal for the platinum mmcs at the moment?

Or they have been well received, increased patronage occurred, full of needs for the customer WiFi, USB ports and better seats.

Maybe it's the end of the contract with Adl? So the 500 or 600 new buses have now been delivered?

Single deckers they are pretty much the youngest part of the fleet 57 plate (11 years old) scanias being the oldest whilst there are still too many old tridents/alx 400 b7tls Y regs being the oldest (18/19 years old)
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

markcf83

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on October 17, 2018, 04:09:22 PM

Single deckers they are pretty much the youngest part of the fleet 57 plate (11 years old) scanias being the oldest whilst there are still too many old tridents/alx 400 b7tls Y regs being the oldest (18/19 years old)

You have forgotten the 55reg Volvos at Walsall.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Trident 4194 on October 17, 2018, 02:33:09 PM
Even though there have been a large number of double deckers delivered in recent years, in my opinion there are still too many single deckers. It's no laughing matter when you're standing on single decker on the way home when I'm normally sitting on a double decker !

Westy

Quote from: Steve3229vp on October 17, 2018, 05:47:23 PM
Even though there have been a large number of double deckers delivered in recent years, in my opinion there are still too many single deckers. It's no laughing matter when you're standing on single decker on the way home when I'm normally sitting on a double decker !

Especially if you're on a route running in & out of Bradford Place in Walsall!

(Except the 45, before someone says!)

PB2938

Quote from: the trainbasher on October 16, 2018, 08:28:54 PM

The 14 worked for years being single deck ftom 1990 with lynxs through to 2008 with Mercedes. But the 14 did have 26/55 helping it with Alum rock. Now it serves there itself so don't think it'll work unless increased frequency at least busy section Birmingham - Stechford.
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk