News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavieDD2

There's no fleet number for the Wright StreetAir at Dundee, tbh, I doubt the service will last long enough to warrant giving it one, the bus is only on lease so it will be easy enough to return.

winston

Quote from: DavieDD2 on September 17, 2018, 12:16:40 AM
There's no fleet number for the Wright StreetAir at Dundee, tbh, I doubt the service will last long enough to warrant giving it one, the bus is only on lease so it will be easy enough to return.

The current Streetair is a demo branded up in vinyl in the interim, a brand new electric bus is due later this year to replace it.

Tony

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on September 17, 2018, 12:06:03 AM
According to the main site NXWM have gain a 66 plate Mercedes for training does this mean there are also some minibuses on the way on top of the 89 platinums (14 Emeralds) has the new electric bus that XD have, does it have a fleet number

No, It is on loan for driving assessments which can only be done in small buses

BN

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on September 17, 2018, 12:06:03 AM
According to the main site NXWM have gain a 66 plate Mercedes for training does this mean there are also some minibuses on the way on top of the 89 platinums (14 Emeralds) has the new electric bus that XD have, does it have a fleet number
The electric bus isn't new, it's Wright's trial vehicle and has been with Arriva Milton Keynes for a good while now.

Dom

Quote from: Tony on September 17, 2018, 08:09:14 AM
No, It is on loan for driving assessments which can only be done in small buses

I went through at the wrong time then. I had the Iveco, horrible van to drive!

Dom

X7 and X8 starting to receive purple branding.

Steve3229vp

Dom

Just seen 6778 on the X8. Branding looks smart, similar to Harborne services, but bit plain however.

Mike K

Quote from: Dom on September 24, 2018, 06:04:22 AM
Just seen 6778 on the X8. Branding looks smart, similar to Harborne services, but bit plain however.

I see that these have also gained the black lower deck window / stair area applications. Very much in the style of the Harborne and QE branding, with a blend of bits of the old, promoting Platinum features (USB etc). No front or rear window branding either (yet) other than parts of the previous branding that remains.

Starting to wonder whether the windows will stay as windows - the fact that 3 sets of routes are now like this, and the 23/24 ones have been done a while now gives me hope.

BK63 YWP

Has the allocations for this years platinums been decided.

I'm still placing my bets on the 50 and perhaps the 9
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

karl724223

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on October 01, 2018, 07:52:37 PM
Has the allocations for this years platinums been decided.

I'm still placing my bets on the 50 and perhaps the 9
you might be loosing money on brand new buses on the 9 then

RW

Can anyone explain how the TfWM branding is going to 'work'? About half a dozen vehicles painted by NXWM and Diamond into 'West Midlands Bus' livery. With NXWM continuing to paint their vehicles into the crimson livery the 'one network' initiative simply seems to have introduced yet another livery onto the roads of the West Midlands, surely a step back from 'one' anything? On the face of it a lot of fuss about very little!

PB2938

Quote from: RW on October 02, 2018, 09:34:01 AM
Can anyone explain how the TfWM branding is going to 'work'? About half a dozen vehicles painted by NXWM and Diamond into 'West Midlands Bus' livery. With NXWM continuing to paint their vehicles into the crimson livery the 'one network' initiative simply seems to have introduced yet another livery onto the roads of the West Midlands, surely a step back from 'one' anything? On the face of it a lot of fuss about very little!

At Walsall I'm sure it was stated 2124-2132 will be painted WM bus for 31/32 9 buses for 9 daytime boards.
1 PM peak board is trident operated.
Not sure how many buses are diamond but majority are wm bus liveried.

2112-2119 have WM bus logos but don't think these are being repainted into wm bus livery probably just a back up spares.

I've seen wm bus liveried 2125/2132 being used on a 10 pm peak board off route so far and 2130 recently had a day on the 7

952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

Westy

Well, according to one of the Diamond threads, they're introducing yet another livery.

How many more do they want?

winston

Quote from: Westy on October 02, 2018, 04:30:07 PM
Well, according to one of the Diamond threads, they're introducing yet another livery.

How many more do they want?

Most of the livery variations at Rotala is as a result of acquired businesses or group cascades. The standard Diamond Bus livery has been around sometime & the latest version will be a refreshed version predominantly for new deliveries......

There's no point re-painting any more of the remaining Darts / early E200's with 27 new buses due, until they know exactly what is being kept/withdrawn.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk