News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: don on August 22, 2018, 11:20:20 AM
Noted regarding the 11 - however was AGs allocation of ALX increased recently, trap converted to allow running into the City. The 11 would appear to be a superb candidate for hybrid buses given its nature and traffic congestion (I'm not holding my breath though)!!
4276 - 4291 as they have traps so can go into the City Centre and Solihull, so are generally found on the 5/73 (with a few exceptions - eg today 4291 is on the 11C and 4289 on the 4).
The others aren't trapped ( 4225, 4228 - 4229, 4234, 4242, 4250, 4266, 4292 - 4301, 4303 and 4304) are usually found on the 11 alongside Gemini and the 1/A as well as they don't have traps so can't go into the City Centre.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

There is no 37 anymore - if anything they'd be used on the 4 and 4A. Which seems to have more Geminis on it than E200MMC's.

don

Quote from: Jack on August 22, 2018, 11:33:05 AM
There is no 37 anymore - if anything they'd be used on the 4 and 4A. Which seems to have more Geminis on it than E200MMC's.

Yes that's what I meant - I'm afraid I'm completely out of touch with all of this wholesale renumbering going on so couldn't remember the new number..... the ones I really can remember are WA 31/32, basically reverting to 1960s Walsall Corporation numbering. I'm afraid this wholesale renumbering is completely bonkers in my view - I'm sure it looks very tidy on a map but that only matters if you're an official with OCD - in the real world outside of transport planning and transport operation it's simply barmy!!

Regarding the AG trapped ALX buses, that's around half of them - could replace the less environmentally friendly ones on the 11 and 1 if cascaded out in the short term. However having nice comfy buses with extra legroom and wifi on the Outer Circle (currently 11A and 11C....) would certainly help to sooth passenger nerves created by traffic delays  ;)
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

The Fox 4846

Sorry forgot about the repaints. So I'd leave 4763-76 at CV and instead send 4843-70 to either PB for the 65/67 and spares for the 7. Or split them between PE & WB for the 12/A and the 13/A/B.
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

Tony

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on August 22, 2018, 01:45:08 PM
Sorry forgot about the repaints. So I'd leave 4763-76 at CV and instead send 4843-70 to either PB for the 65/67 and spares for the 7. Or split them between PE & WB for the 12/A and the 13/A/B.

How do you send buses to Perry Parr that are already there

John

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on August 22, 2018, 01:45:08 PM

I still think we should get 4733-7 back as spares for the 7/16/101. I also think a couple of the 16 branded buses should get de-branded

Jack

Quote from: John on August 22, 2018, 02:45:08 PM
I still think we should get 4733-7 back as spares for the 7/16/101. I also think a couple of the 16 branded buses should get de-branded
Can't forget the 33 there. 4856 should come back as a spare for the E400 routes.

markcf83

PERSONAL OPINION-I'd put some of the impending arrivals on the 11/12 at Coventry. Also the 51 at Walsall. We'll see who is right once they've arrived.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Stu

Quote from: don on August 22, 2018, 11:20:20 AM
I would have thought Warwick Road/Stratford Road corridor - however could TfWM end up leasing them to an operator, given the way they seem to be headed currently?

Noted regarding the 11 - however was AGs allocation of ALX increased recently, trap converted to allow running into the City. The 11 would appear to be a superb candidate for hybrid buses given its nature and traffic congestion (I'm not holding my breath though)!!

The hydrogen fuelled buses will be owned by Birmingham City Council, and leased to the operator. I don't recall seeing anything about who the confirmed operator will be, now which route they will appear on, people are just assuming it will be NX Bus, which it is probably likely to be to be honest.

This Birmingham Mail also said they are expected to be in service by March 2019, although it was originally claimed it would be sometime in 2018.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/new-fleet-500000-zero-emission-13800364

They will of course have to finish building this new Tyseley Energy Park, which is to be on the site of the Webster & Horsfall building and next to the Tyseley incinerator. Last time I went past there on the X1/X2 a few weeks ago, Webster & Horsfall was still very much there, and the site next to the incinerator was mostly cleared but still a pile of rubble. I think parties involved will need to get their skates on if there's any hope of a March 2019 launch!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BK63 YWP

@Tony has the allocation for the new platinums been decided?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

RW

Had my first view of the new WM Bus livery in Walsall Bus Station during the week. Was somewhat underwhelmed. It was an NX vehicle and it wasn't obvious that it was in the 'new' livery until it was virtually at the stand stop. Didn't stand out from the various existing (red) NX liveries at all. To compare it to the introduction of the new liveries on WM trams and trains is unfair but in those cases you can't miss the new branding and livery given that it is so different to their current liveries.  As for buses, other than the co-ordination of different operators services and WMB branding (even then it was still NX on the front of the vehicle, the 'new' livery hardly seems worth the effort and cost from an NXWM point of view!

Stevo

I agree totally. Talking to a bus enthusiast in West Brom even he didn't realise the criss-cross logo is a stylised WM, and I'm still amazed TfWM chose what is in effect NXWM livery. Perhaps NXWM refused any other colours and with that company's complete dominance of the area TfWM could hardly argue.

RW

Not many people are aware of the stylised WM Stevo. Ironically it's not helped, at least in the case of the Walsall routes, by NXWM's speciality. Vinyl. Used above the window line on the single deckers.

Westy

Couldnt the 'Buses' part of the fleetname be highlighted in some way?

BK63 YWP

According to the main site NXWM have gain a 66 plate Mercedes for training does this mean there are also some minibuses on the way on top of the 89 platinums (14 Emeralds) has the new electric bus that XD have, does it have a fleet number
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk