News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Steve3229vp on August 19, 2018, 08:22:38 AM
Why does that matter ?  The Platinums from the 126 are going onto the X7 and X8

Because the 126 passengers between B'ham & Dudley will be downgraded to Tridents and will lose their hi spec buses with wifi / USB's that they've come to expect.

B.C Driver

Quote from: Winston on August 19, 2018, 09:50:02 AM
Because the 126 passengers between B'ham & Dudley will be downgraded to Tridents and will lose their hi spec buses with wifi / USB's that they've come to expect.

Not a first, the X61 passengers were treated to Platinum and then dumped of it.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

winston

Quote from: B.C Driver on August 19, 2018, 10:26:32 AM
Not a first, the X61 passengers were treated to Platinum and then dumped of it.

Yes I know, not great to give, then take away. I assume there weren't enough to keep the X61 but at an improve frequency.

It seem's at present that there aren't sufficient Platinum's at some garages to cover everyting i.e.

WA haven't had any spares for since the 936/7 changes, the X51 has since had a frequency increase since then on top.

PN never had a spare for the X10 when they received cascaded Platinum's, the X10 is being extended hourly to Gornal Wood from 2nd Sept requiring more.

Hopefully cascades resulting from 75 new Platinum's will help bolster numbers at certain garages.

don

I seem to remember the 14 Dundee Emeralds are due in August - I wonder if at least some of the Platinums come earlier?
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Solo1

Is there still the new electric singles or some sort of new single deckers  this year as well

winston

Quote from: don on August 19, 2018, 11:05:29 AM
I seem to remember the 14 Dundee Emeralds are due in August - I wonder if at least some of the Platinums come earlier?

I'm not sure it's actually August, I think it's always been towards the end of the year which tally's up with the NXWM batch.

Tony

I believe October is more likely.

As for the allocations of the new WM ones, I was involved in a big email chain on Friday about their allocations, but nothing was decided

don

Quote from: Tony on August 19, 2018, 11:45:10 AM
I believe October is more likely.

As for the allocations of the new WM ones, I was involved in a big email chain on Friday about their allocations, but nothing was decided

Sounds good - I would love to see some in Coventry, perhaps with sky blue swoosh and lining - although this may be unlikely - however there are quite a lot of elderly double deckers there and no new vehicles since the 49xx Enviros.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Squiz1971

I take it that all the 89 new bus deliveries (XD/NXWM) will be of the micro hybrid design like the 67 reg Platinum's. But being delivered completed fully this time??? @Tony

BK63 YWP

@Tony does this 89 MMCs end the 5 year deal with ADL?

What did management think of the Streetdecks?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Ginger66

Love to see evoseti buses on in the west midlands.

John Stait

50 could possibly be due an upgrade? Certainly in years past it received new vehicles fairly regularly. That could make 6124-6148 available for cascade......

John

Mike K

Quote from: John Stait on August 20, 2018, 09:53:48 PM
50 could possibly be due an upgrade? Certainly in years past it received new vehicles fairly regularly. That could make 6124-6148 available for cascade......

John

My money's on this. One of NXWM's flagship routes.

Will the new batch of Platinum's be in the current livery or will they emerge in a revised West Midlands Bus Livery?

winston

Quote from: WB Driver on August 21, 2018, 06:31:54 PM
Will the new batch of Platinum's be in the current livery or will they emerge in a revised West Midlands Bus Livery?

The West Midlands Bus livery is a trial at present, isolated to jointly operated routes with Diamond i.e. 42/43 & 31/32 only.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk