News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markcf83

Quote from: paulb1973 on January 14, 2018, 07:21:21 PM
If we ever reach 6999 etc - presumably it'll be a new round of numbering, which could mean anything. Or, they leap over 7001-18/19-33 and continue on from there, but there are still a few Dundee buses with 7xxx fleet numbers? They could re-number the whole batch of E400 MMC's, but that sounds rather messy.

The ex Dundee single deck Scanias can be renumbered from 1954. Don't know what they'd do about the Volvo double deckers though.....
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

DavieDD2

Depends on how long it takes to get up to 6999, the Dundee Geminis are on 54 plates so there's only 3 or 4 years left in them.

Stevo

I don't know if this is in another thread, but have the 67 reg Platinums gone back yet to be fitted with the Smart hybrid gubbins? Is this why they're not yet branded?

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Stevo on April 07, 2018, 10:37:30 AM
I don't know if this is in another thread, but have the 67 reg Platinums gone back yet to be fitted with the Smart hybrid gubbins? Is this why they're not yet branded?
They can't brand them until the South Birmingham bus review is finalised

Jack

Quote from: Stevo on April 07, 2018, 10:37:30 AM
Does the WiFi work on them? They have announcements now

Mike K

Quote from: Jack on April 07, 2018, 12:56:10 PM
Does the WiFi work on them? They have announcements now

No - still not working at present

Eric Shaw

I think I saw 6859 and 6860 in service today. Have they been away for conversion yet? I wasn't near enough to hear whether they sounded any different. It is reported in "Buses" that an order for 54 Enviros 400's will be to the new "smart hybrid" version. I assume this is the design we are currently getting.

winston

Quote from: Eric Shaw on April 16, 2018, 07:36:33 PM
I think I saw 6859 and 6860 in service today. Have they been away for conversion yet? I wasn't near enough to hear whether they sounded any different. It is reported in "Buses" that an order for 54 Enviros 400's will be to the new "smart hybrid" version. I assume this is the design we are currently getting.

An NX Group order or just for NXWM? As Dundee are due 10 as well

Mike K

I don't think they do sound any different from the outside although I noticed a slight change in engine noise under acceleration when travelling on 6855 (although that might just have been my imagination!). As John pointed out, and I hadn't spotted it, you can tell the converted ones by 3 small additional vents above the main ones on the offside rear engine compartment.

Tony

I haven't seen Buses yet, but I am not sure where that has come from

Gareth

Quote from: Tony on April 16, 2018, 08:27:56 PM
I haven't seen Buses yet, but I am not sure where that has come from

My copy came yesterday, and I couldn't find anything mentioned saying that.

Eric Shaw

It was Stagecoach London who had placed the order. I should have mentioned that.

MasterPlan

Have any more of the new platinums gone for their hybrid conversions?
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Westy

Following on from the comments from Simon Dunn in the Rotala thread(plus Im not sure whether this is the right thread or not!), what is the general opinion of the Nx E200's?

No more appear to be on order, so does that mean Nx are not keen on them, even though the double decker E400's are still being ordered?

Tony

Quote from: Westy on May 10, 2018, 08:16:23 PM
Following on from the comments from Simon Dunn in the Rotala thread(plus Im not sure whether this is the right thread or not!), what is the general opinion of the Nx E200's?

No more appear to be on order, so does that mean Nx are not keen on them, even though the double decker E400's are still being ordered?

NX have taken some more, but on lease at Sipson Road garage, why would any be needed in the West Midlands the oldest single decks in the fleet are only 12 years old

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk