News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B.C Driver

Was thinking, do the new Harborne buses REALLY need to go up North and be converted to Hybrids?

Its a big expense and I'm sure most Harborne passengers would be glad of the extra leg room and Wifi and not so concerned about the hybrid part.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Jack

Quote from: B.C Driver on January 09, 2018, 01:41:11 PM
Was thinking, do the new Harborne buses REALLY need to go up North and be converted to Hybrids?

Its a big expense and I'm sure most Harborne passengers would be glad of the extra leg room and Wifi and not so concerned about the hybrid part.
Has the wifi been connected in them yet?

B.C Driver

4444 -The Star Wars Bus

DavieDD2

Quote from: B.C Driver on January 09, 2018, 01:41:11 PM

More to the point, why weren't they delivered as micro hybrids in the first place?

Tony

Quote from: DavieDD2 on January 09, 2018, 04:19:58 PM
More to the point, why weren't they delivered as micro hybrids in the first place?

Because the technology isn't quite ready, that's why there's no other similar in the country. They have been built so it is a simple job to do.

DavieDD2

Quote from: Tony on January 09, 2018, 05:00:41 PM
Because the technology isn't quite ready, that's why there's no other similar in the country. They have been built so it is a simple job to do.

No probs Tony, I was just wondering

Eric Shaw

If the new hybrid is new technology will one be converted first to iron out any problems? I would not think 38 prototypes would be a good idea. Mercedes have just introduced something similar on the Citaro.

Mike K

Quote from: Jack on January 09, 2018, 03:40:41 PM
Has the wifi been connected in them yet?

No it hasn't
(posted from 6889 using 4G)

B.C Driver

Quote from: Mike K on January 12, 2018, 05:58:02 PM
No it hasn't
(posted from 6889 using 4G)

Another reason why no branding yet, cant advertise wifi if there isnt any!
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

MasterPlan

Will the WiFi be applied when they go up for the hybrid conversion then?
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Jack

Quote from: MasterPlan on January 13, 2018, 06:50:02 PM
Will the WiFi be applied when they go up for the hybrid conversion then?
What about the Next-Stop announcements?

MasterPlan

Quote from: Jack on January 13, 2018, 08:58:09 PM
What about the Next-Stop announcements?

Doubt it, given that the South Birmingham Consultation is still on-going.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

BK63 YWP

I wonder if we will get 3306-3327 to complement 3301-5. I think the street decks are awesome and hope they don't become the omnicities of this decade. Then move 6101-22 to YW to make the 2/3 MMC operated.

Apart from the pure electrics coming, what are people expectations for deliveries this year. Enough deckers to see off 41** and the start of the end of ALX400 b7s
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

MW

Quote from: Chris on January 13, 2018, 10:52:37 PM
Enough deckers to see off 41** and the start of the end of ALX400 b7s

It makes me upset to think that we're basically on the verge of losing the second batch of B7TLs. The clock is ticking for the Gemini's...

dw1308

Quote from: MW on January 14, 2018, 05:09:54 AM
It makes me upset to think that we're basically on the verge of losing the second batch of B7TLs. The clock is ticking for the Gemini's...

It was a similar feeling when they killed the metros off. I remember when AG received their batch of 53 reg geminis and I fell instantly in love with them and being built on the Volvo B7TL chassis they were very comfortable in my opinion

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk