News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike K

Quote from: 2206 on January 04, 2018, 03:27:56 PM
You still get a view out of the window, the only windows the branded buses cover are  the rear windows and the top of the upper deck rear window, it doesn't effect my view out of the bus.

Granted, but covering the rear windows of the bus does make for a darker and gloomier environment, particularly when you are sat towards the rear. The new ones do feel brghter and airier compared to 6844 and 6850 that I've travelled on in the last few days. No objections to branding, in fact the dark grey of the Platinums needs a splash of colour, but it is more pleasant when windows are left as windows.

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on January 04, 2018, 03:27:56 PM
You still get a view out of the window, the only windows the branded buses cover are  the rear windows and the top of the upper deck rear window, it doesn't effect my view out of the bus.
I prefe the back window not to be covered. Also it lets more light into the saloon!

filbus1

Quote from: Jack on January 04, 2018, 05:52:45 PM
I prefe the back window not to be covered. Also it lets more light into the saloon!
Plus you can see what's behind if you need to swop buses on the same road.

karl724223

Kevin

Quote from: RW on January 04, 2018, 03:06:31 PM
Sitting in the new central library watching, for the first time, the Harborne platinums travelling back and forth along Broad Street. Delighted to see that, so far, they have escaped the clutches of the 'Vinyl Vandals' employed by NXWM. Not only does it mean that you get to see the vehicles themselves but importantly passengers have a view out of the vehicle! Sadly don't think it will last but you never know.

It is a refreshing change to be able to see out the back of the new buses....
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Stevo

Agreed. Windows are to see out of, including side windows. Some NXWM vehicles are plastered with opaque signage.

Mike K

I suspect it's a short term reprieve. Once the outcome of the South West Birmingham consultation is decided, and / or they've been to Plaxtons for their smart hybrid conversions, many will receive Harborne branding and the remainder generic Platinum branding and the rear windows will be no more. I just hope they resist the temptation to apply offside advert frames, which in my view really devalues the premium Platinum brand. Not holding my breath though.

MasterPlan

Have some of the new Platinums started to go up to get the hybrid engines fitted?
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Trident4590

Quote from: MasterPlan on January 06, 2018, 10:01:05 PM
Have some of the new Platinums started to go up to get the hybrid engines fitted?
6876 is one that's been done i think

Solo1

Which of the new buses are away having the engine changed to hybrid

Tony

Quote from: Trident4590 on January 06, 2018, 10:55:52 PM
6876 is one that's been done i think

No, none of them done, you will know when they do as I think I have the job of taking them, so you will see photos of them in unusual places

Solo1

Tony

Solo1

Tony

Quote from: Solo1 on January 07, 2018, 01:08:41 PM
is that it's 1st day out

No It was definitely out on the 22/23 both Friday & Saturday, can't be bothered to look any further back

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk