News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B.C Driver

Quote from: Tony on November 30, 2017, 03:04:11 PM
6859 & 6861 now delivered
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/5001-9959/6861.html

Looking like the 24 may be the first route to get them on Monday

Any idea how many will be branded out of the 38 and when branding will start?
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Michael Bevan

Just passed 6860 at Scott Arms heading to Birmingham Central on delivery.

Tony

MW

These Scottish Plates are so damn irritating. They've sucked the soul out of it. 

Mike K

Quote from: MW on December 01, 2017, 08:56:01 PM
These Scottish Plates are so damn irritating. They've sucked the soul out of it.

I know what you mean about Scottish number plates; it's a minor detail but it bothers me too. In this day and age where pretty much every new bus nationally is one of just a handful of types, E400MMC, Gemini 3 etc, number plates at least give some more local identity. It's frustrating because some operators do still register their vehicles locally, e.g. Cardiff Bus and Go North East.

The Real 4778

Quote from: MW on December 01, 2017, 08:56:01 PM

That happened a long time ago, with the first Tridents and their non-matching Y-plate registrations.  The post 2000 system knocked the fun out of the numbers part of it.
Don't you start.

JoNi

Quote from: The Real 4778 on December 02, 2017, 05:27:22 PM
That happened a long time ago, with the first Tridents and their non-matching Y-plate registrations.  The post 2000 system knocked the fun out of the numbers part of it.

Except for Borismasters and even the last ones of those don't match up!

DavieDD2

Quote from: The Real 4778 on December 02, 2017, 05:27:22 PM

That's a double edged sword, we Dundoanians don't like the sight of red and white buses on our roads with registrations like BX or BU, it's becoming the norm these days for manufacturers to register their products where they're made, if you don't like Scottish plates, buy MCV's, Wright's or Optare, until then 'S'uck 'N'obs, if you buy ADL you're getting Scottish plates.

DavieDD2

Sorry, wrong quote, was aimed @MW's earlier post

BigDaddyCool

::) It's a bleeding registration plate???????????????? Get a grip.

MW

Quote from: DavieDD2 on December 02, 2017, 11:06:06 PM
That's a double edged sword, we Dundoanians don't like the sight of red and white buses on our roads with registrations like BX or BU, it's becoming the norm these days for manufacturers to register their products where they're made, if you don't like Scottish plates, buy MCV's, Wright's or Optare, until then 'S'uck 'N'obs, if you buy ADL you're getting Scottish plates.

Volvo have a bus and truck dealership here in the Midlands. Coventry is it? Anyway they seem to have Birmingham plates. Even the Volvo/Wright in London have Birmingham plates.

I too don't understand why some operators are still having local plates on their buses, but here with NXWM, we're having Scottish plates.

Stu

Quote from: MW on December 02, 2017, 11:59:51 PM
Volvo have a bus and truck dealership here in the Midlands. Coventry is it? Anyway they seem to have Birmingham plates. Even the Volvo/Wright in London have Birmingham plates.

I too don't understand why some operators are still having local plates on their buses, but here with NXWM, we're having Scottish plates.

I think we've covered this before, it is due to the closure of local DVLA offices, so vehicles are now registered according to the place of manufacture/sale. ADL vehicles built in Falkirk have Scottish registrations (S*), ADL vehicles built at Scarborough have Yorkshire registrations (Y*), and likewise while Wright vehicles are built in Northern Ireland they are sold via the Volvo dealership in Warwick, so these will have Birmingham (B*) plates.

At the end of the day though, its just a number plate, and I don't know why people get so upset by trivial little matters like this.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Mike K

Can anyone advise if these new Platinums will be on the road from tomorrow? And if so, will they be in their natural state, or adorned with vinyls?

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Mike K on December 03, 2017, 07:50:27 PM
Can anyone advise if these new Platinums will be on the road from tomorrow? And if so, will they be in their natural state, or adorned with vinyls?

I believe Tony did mention that the 24 may potentially get them on Monday.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

MW

Quote from: Mike K on December 03, 2017, 07:50:27 PM

I wouldn't think they'd be branded yet. These route changes are going to happen soon so I'd imagine they'd get branded after, similar to the Sutton Lines Platinums.

Maybe they'll get part branded. If they bring back a rather vague 'Network Harborne' it'd work.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk