News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Quote from: Tony on November 28, 2017, 03:26:30 PM
Today's arrival - 6857

http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/5001-9959/6857.html

I'm not sure if you take requests @Tony , but could you get a picture of one of the B5LHs next to one of the new Platinums with either the 22 destination on both or the 23 destination? I think that's be a good photo.

BK63 YWP

The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Trident 4194

Jack

Quote from: V89MOA on November 28, 2017, 02:15:46 PM
I've never understood why there is always at least one on the 60 when the X70 could have it instead.
The X70 could have the spare E400's, but I agree it should be Platnium and every 15 minuted combined with the X12. The route is quite poor in terms of its frequency.

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 28, 2017, 04:54:46 PM
I bet the drivers prefer the Volvo
I prefer the B5's over the E400H.

Gareth

Quote from: Jack on November 28, 2017, 05:28:45 PM
The X70 could have the spare E400's, but I agree it should be Platnium and every 15 minuted combined with the X12. The route is quite poor in terms of its frequency.

The frequency of the X70 is more than adequate. Have you ever been to Coleshill?

I'm pretty sure the Coleshill services have always been every 30minutes. X70, 70, 90, 590 and 161/171.

Quote from: Jack on November 28, 2017, 05:28:45 PM
Quote from: Jack on October 25, 2017, 10:47:56 AM
I don't think the X70 is profitable unless Claribels make it more frequent. 15 minutes during the day perhaps? Unless NX decide to make it more useful than a poor 2 buses an hour! I remember the days of Sunny Travel on the 14
How come you keep suggesting a frequency increase for Coleshill and Water Orton.
The X70 is more than adequate for Coleshill sand Water Orton, where would all these extra passengers appear from.
The X12 is enough for Bromford.
Combined 15 minute frequency, why reduce the frequency on the X12?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

broma1k

The PVR for the X70 must be at least 4 with a 55 min journey time.

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on November 28, 2017, 05:47:49 PM
How come you keep suggesting a frequency increase for Coleshill and Water Orton.
The X70 is more than adequate for Coleshill sand Water Orton, where would all these extra passengers appear from.
The X12 is enough for Bromford.
Combined 15 minute frequency, why reduce the frequency on the X12?
If the X12 is 'enough' for Bromford then why is there the X70. Most of the time I see the X70 it just follows the X12 in convoy. I agree that Coleshill and Water Orton don't need a more frequent service, I meant the Bromford part of the route. People usually get whatever comes first X12 and X70, making the X70 more profitable could be by making the frequency to 20 minutes? The only the other suggestion is to run the 70 all during the day like it use to be, or renumber it to the 90.
I'm not sure why you're getting mad for, it will probably never happen anyway. Just a suggestion.

Quote from: Jack on November 28, 2017, 07:21:31 PM
If the X12 is 'enough' for Bromford then why is there the X70. Most of the time I see the X70 it just follows the X12 in convoy. I agree that Coleshill and Water Orton don't need a more frequent service, I meant the Bromford part of the route. People usually get whatever comes first X12 and X70, making the X70 more profitable could be by making the frequency to 20 minutes? The only the other suggestion is to run the 70 all during the day like it use to be, or renumber it to the 90.
I'm not sure why you're getting mad for, it will probably never happen anyway. Just a suggestion.
If the X70s just follow empty through Bromford most of the time behind the X12, Bromford doesn't need a frequency increase.
It doesn't automatically make it more profitable.
The 20 minute frequency on the X12 and previously the X70 is enough.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: Jack on November 28, 2017, 07:21:31 PM

The X70 isn't just for the Bromford area. The frequency was reduced because there was less demand in Water Orton and Coleshill. By your logic, what you should actually be proposing is a frequency increase for the X12, perhaps at peak times.

But then again, as I have commented in another thread, where do you actually live and travel to? Do you just want a frequency increase on the X70 so you can have a nice ride in your leisure time and not have to wait an hour because you just missed one? Perhaps the few passengers in Water Orton and Coleshill are happy with an hourly frequency as long as the bus turns up on time?

Bus services cost money to run, so if the demand is not there, then frequencies will be lower as a result. 
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Jack

Quote from: Stu on November 28, 2017, 08:36:32 PM
The X70 isn't just for the Bromford area. The frequency was reduced because there was less demand in Water Orton and Coleshill. By your logic, what you should actually be proposing is a frequency increase for the X12, perhaps at peak times.

But then again, as I have commented in another thread, where do you actually live and travel to? Do you just want a frequency increase on the X70 so you can have a nice ride in your leisure time and not have to wait an hour because you just missed one? Perhaps the few passengers in Water Orton and Coleshill are happy with an hourly frequency as long as the bus turns up on time?

Bus services cost money to run, so if the demand is not there, then frequencies will be lower as a result.
Understandable with your first point, the X12 could do with a frequency increase during peak times. City to Bromford in Peaks is quite busy, the 72 was the same when it served this section.

No I don't have a nice little ride in my leisure time on the X70, just making a suggestion. The X70 is a route that runs fine, I was just saying that Bromford to City should have a better bus service in the Peaks. The X70 is dying for Platniums as well.

I think it's quite obvious where I live and what routes I travel on, judging that I've slagged them off a lot.

Quieter routes shouldn't have to be extremely frequent, just take the WB 89 for an example, its quiet between West Bromwich and Cape Hill, but Dudley Road to City can get full. I was just saying what purpose does the X70 serve going through Bromford? Faster route yes, but it tends to run quiet between this section and I've only ever seen it pick up if it's the first bus to arrive at that Stop, X70 first bus, X12 behind. I've done explaining my POV.

Sh4318

Quote from: Jack on November 28, 2017, 11:03:32 PM
Understandable with your first point, the X12 could do with a frequency increase during peak times. City to Bromford in Peaks is quite busy, the 72 was the same when it served this section.

No I don't have a nice little ride in my leisure time on the X70, just making a suggestion. The X70 is a route that runs fine, I was just saying that Bromford to City should have a better bus service in the Peaks. The X70 is dying for Platniums as well.

I think it's quite obvious where I live and what routes I travel on, judging that I've slagged them off a lot.

Quieter routes shouldn't have to be extremely frequent, just take the WB 89 for an example, its quiet between West Bromwich and Cape Hill, but Dudley Road to City can get full. I was just saying what purpose does the X70 serve going through Bromford? Faster route yes, but it tends to run quiet between this section and I've only ever seen it pick up if it's the first bus to arrive at that Stop, X70 first bus, X12 behind. I've done explaining my POV.

Literally the only reason the 89 gets full between Cape Hill & Birmingham is because it's on the Dudley Road corridor and is another bus to Birmingham as far as Dudley Road passengers are concerned. The 89's my local, as it has been for what seems like forever
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Tony

The X12 is a 50% capacity increase in capacity over the 72 because of the use of deckers

Jack

Quote from: Sh4318 on November 28, 2017, 11:43:48 PM
Literally the only reason the 89 gets full between Cape Hill & Birmingham is because it's on the Dudley Road corridor and is another bus to Birmingham as far as Dudley Road passengers are concerned. The 89's my local, as it has been for what seems like forever
Hence why I linked the 89 to the X70, full one part and quiet the other part, 83 was like this as well. I've  been 0405N's on the 89 (when they were allocation) and they were quiet as well.

Tony

6859 & 6861 now delivered
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/5001-9959/6861.html

Looking like the 24 may be the first route to get them on Monday

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk