News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevo

I can't spot any external differences to the previous batch. I expected differences around the engine compartment with the smart hybrid gubbins.

CL

Quote from: Stevo on November 27, 2017, 06:07:11 PM
I can't spot any external differences to the previous batch. I expected differences around the engine compartment with the smart hybrid gubbins.
The fuel cap bit is the only noticeable part, for me at least.

On another note,  with the introduction of Platinums on the Harborne corridor, I wonder if it'd be the end of the Phil Upton announcements. :P
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Tony

Quote from: CL on November 27, 2017, 06:51:09 PM

On another note,  with the introduction of Platinums on the Harborne corridor, I wonder if it'd be the end of the Phil Upton announcements. :P

Yes, they don't have the autocheck things by the fuel filler, so the surrounding silver panel is smaller

Mike K

Quote from: CL on November 27, 2017, 06:51:09 PM

Have they ever actually updated the next stop announcements since the route change in the city? After Great Charles St the next stop is announced as Lloyd House, Colmore Circus, rather than Livery Street. I've not paid attention on the city loop and don't use it around that section any more.

Quote from: Mike K on November 27, 2017, 07:32:47 PM
Have they ever actually updated the next stop announcements since the route change in the city? After Great Charles St the next stop is announced as Lloyd House, Colmore Circus, rather than Livery Street. I've not paid attention on the city loop and don't use it around that section any more.
No they haven't.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BigDaddyCool

With all the proposed changes coming in South Birmingham - will this affect the branding of the new platinum buses for the Harborbe routes, especially as there are some that may no longer be in existence.

B.C Driver

Quote from: BigDaddyCool on November 28, 2017, 10:05:00 AM
With all the proposed changes coming in South Birmingham - will this affect the branding of the new platinum buses for the Harborbe routes, especially as there are some that may no longer be in existence.

I doubt it, as long as the branding says City Centre - Broad St - Five Ways - Harborne. That should cover all routes, changes or not.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Jordan

do you know the new buses that are getting delivered to birmingham central garage are they gonna have new ticket machines
my local routes are:

NXWM: 72 72A 17 73
igo 99
sunny travel 71E
r.k. travel 72 and further down the road the 73

B.C Driver

Quote from: Jordan on November 28, 2017, 12:36:36 PM
do you know the new buses that are getting delivered to birmingham central garage are they gonna have new ticket machines

From what Ive heard yes.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

Mike K

Quote from: B.C Driver on November 28, 2017, 12:04:04 PM
I doubt it, as long as the branding says City Centre - Broad St - Five Ways - Harborne. That should cover all routes, changes or not.

I guess if one of the 22 or 29 changes and no longer serves Harborne, and the current number of buses per hour on the City to Harborne stretch decreases, they might have to de-brand a few. Or maybe they'll pre-empt that anyway and leave a number un-branded?

B.C Driver

Quote from: Mike K on November 28, 2017, 12:57:06 PM
I guess if one of the 22 or 29 changes and no longer serves Harborne, and the current number of buses per hour on the City to Harborne stretch decreases, they might have to de-brand a few. Or maybe they'll pre-empt that anyway and leave a number un-branded?

The unbranded ones can also be used on the X1, X2, X61 and the X70 is crying out for Platinums.
Also 6825 -28 6850 - 54 can be used on Harborne routes too if they need to.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

Jack6101

Quote from: B.C Driver on November 28, 2017, 01:30:53 PM
The unbranded ones can also be used on the X1, X2, X61 and the X70 is crying out for Platinums.
how many buses are required on the x70??
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

V89MOA

Quote from: B.C Driver on November 28, 2017, 01:30:53 PM
I've never understood why there is always at least one on the 60 when the X70 could have it instead.

MW

Tony

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk