News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevo

Quote from: Tony on November 24, 2017, 11:14:25 AM
Wasn't 3251 the first of the 300 order?
3251-3300 were the Park royals and 3301-3350 MCW, but they were delivered simultaneously  and first worked the 39 to Witton.

Tony

paulb1973

Quote from: Tony on November 24, 2017, 01:23:15 PM
6855 now at BC, 6856 on the M6 heading South

Are these officially ADL Enviro 400 MMC's but without the 'H' [for Hybrid]. I thought they were hybrid types.

MW

Quote from: paulb1973 on November 24, 2017, 04:28:58 PM
Are these officially ADL Enviro 400 MMC's but without the 'H' [for Hybrid]. I thought they were hybrid types.

I think it's been said that they're like the latest StreetLites at Diamond, so 'Micro Hybrid' whatever that means.

Mike K

Quote from: MW on November 24, 2017, 04:34:11 PM
I think it's been said that they're like the latest StreetLites at Diamond, so 'Micro Hybrid' whatever that means.

My understanding was that micro hybrids use electricity generated through braking to help power various aspects of the bus other than the engine /acceleration etc. I thought that these 'smart hybrids' used that energy to help power acceleration so were different to micro hybrids in that respect. I may be talking rubbish though, and would appreciate if someone could confirm, as there seems little to distinguish these from standard MMCs at the moment.

Tony

Quote from: Mike K on November 24, 2017, 05:38:52 PM
My understanding was that micro hybrids use electricity generated through braking to help power various aspects of the bus other than the engine /acceleration etc. I thought that these 'smart hybrids' used that energy to help power acceleration so were different to micro hybrids in that respect. I may be talking rubbish though, and would appreciate if someone could confirm, as there seems little to distinguish these from standard MMCs at the moment.

You are correct Mike

Eric Shaw

I am sure it is safe to assume these buses will have Cummins engines, but are they 4 cylinder or 6 cylinder?

Westy

What is the projected life of a Plattie before it gets downgraded to standard work/livery?

I wander what will happen to the Single Decker B7RLE's at BC freed up by the 29 getting new Platinums and what'll be converted to Single Deckers? Presumably they'd go elsewhere and leave BC, I can't see any of BC's decker routes being converted to Single Deckers.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on November 25, 2017, 06:24:37 PM
I wander what will happen to the Single Decker B7RLE's at BC freed up by the 29 getting new Platinums and what'll be converted to Single Deckers? Presumably they'd go elsewhere and leave BC, I can't see any of BC's decker routes being converted to Single Deckers.
X70?

Jack6101

Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

BK63 YWP

How is the X70 doing, I think crimson some b7rles and branded them same as the X12 and increase the frequency to every 20 mins so combined with the X12 every 10 mins?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on November 25, 2017, 06:24:37 PM
I've always wanted PB to have some Urban 2's, so it gives a bit of variety with the Omnilinks, but I know that will never happen.  :) I think a few may go to WA for the 29.
PB have more than enough SD's so I doubt it.

Quote from: Jack6101 on November 25, 2017, 06:50:44 PM
Well you haven't seen the x70 at 4 pm
From the City Centre it could cope with a B7RLE from what I've seen, at a half hour frequency and it doesn't pick up Washwood Heath Road passengers like the 70 used to.

Quote from: Chris on November 25, 2017, 06:52:48 PM
How is the X70 doing, I think crimson some b7rles and branded them same as the X12 and increase the frequency to every 20 mins so combined with the X12 every 10 mins?
Bromford, Coleshill and Water Ortorn don't realy need a frequency increase though they cope fine as they are.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk