News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Quote from: MW on November 11, 2017, 01:26:30 AM
From my understanding, the Ex Cov Geminis are for any routes that aren't allocated E400s. Would NX rather fit these newer Geminis with greater 'shelf life' with traps, or fit more traps to older knackered ALX400s. Common sense says Gemini, and then move older vehicles to AG/WB where they can live out their remaining lives on routes that don't require the traps. Simple business sense.

So that's what they're for Jack.
They're allocated to E400 routes, the 7 and 16 have them and the 33 you see them on sometimes, not really the 101. When they first came to PB they were put in the 67. There's still no branding, whether it's price branding or route branding.

It would be nice to see the ALX400's leave PB. Even though I love them they are getting old, they have 16, most PB's are in a shocking state inside. AG's are way better.

DeanM66A

Quote from: DJ98 on November 08, 2017, 09:41:27 PM
I guess some buses could be sent down to Coventry, I remember someone on here mentioning that there was the lowest amount of buses there in a good while, due to recent losses.
I'm a little surprised nobody's suggested 10 double deckers going to Coventry for the 4. 
If you have, apologies, I missed it.

New Platinum bus for the Harborne routes arrives next week.

Tony

BigDaddyCool

Does anyone know if these will be branded for all Harnorne Routes and if so will it be keeping the red theme they've had previously?

Tony

The Fox 4846

After this delivery, NX will have over 190 platinum buses in its fleet. Will any future deliveries be in standard or is every future bus going to be platinum meaning that platinum becomes the norm?
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

BigDaddyCool

My thinking.. The more there is, the more the value in the project dilutes.

paulb1973

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on November 22, 2017, 05:17:18 PM
After this delivery, NX will have over 190 platinum buses in its fleet. Will any future deliveries be in standard or is every future bus going to be platinum meaning that platinum becomes the norm?

The 6101-48 Enviro 400 MMC's were the last batch of 'normal' double decks (the five Wright StreetDecks aside) that were not Platinum. Will we see further E400 MMC's in the crimson red? Fleet numbers could be stuck at 6148 for a while!

Stu

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on November 22, 2017, 05:17:18 PM
Quote from: paulb1973 on November 22, 2017, 08:26:06 PM
The 6101-48 Enviro 400 MMC's were the last batch of 'normal' double decks (the five Wright StreetDecks aside) that were not Platinum. Will we see further E400 MMC's in the crimson red? Fleet numbers could be stuck at 6148 for a while!

The 190 Platinums will have helped to contribute to the withdrawal of many older double-decks over the last couple of years, so I think that from next year we will start to see a great more 'crimson' double-decks brought in, as many of the older Tridents start to come to the end of their lives.
190 might seem a lot, but its still a small percentage of the overall fleet. So I don't think there is any question of 'dilution', not yet anyway. They're obviously proving successful in some way.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

markcf83

Quote from: paulb1973 on November 22, 2017, 08:26:06 PM

I suspect there will be more over the course of the next few years.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Sayeed

Quote from: Tony on November 22, 2017, 11:43:27 AM
6855 at Falkirk
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/5001-9959/6855.html

I was really hoping there would be new feature on the this year Platinum orders like tables or glazed ceilings.
Век живи - век учись

The Fox 4846

Personally I feel that although the MK1 environs are great, the MK2's are a let down (especially the 61 plates). However I would like to see some new Volvo Gemini 3's brought in from next year in standard. I think these would be great for lots of services, mainly the 33, 51 65/67 and chelmsley routes.
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

RW

Quote from: Sayeed on November 22, 2017, 09:31:06 PM
I was really hoping there would be new feature on the this year Platinum orders like tables or glazed ceilings.
Effectively more of the same. Difficult to get too excited over these arrivals. Good to see 6855 in 'as delivered' condition. Wonder how long it will be before it disappears under vinyl?

Trident 4194

Quote from: RW on November 22, 2017, 10:41:40 PM
Effectively more of the same. Difficult to get too excited over these arrivals. Good to see 6855 in 'as delivered' condition. Wonder how long it will be before it disappears under vinyl?

Yeah the bus enthusiast for people who like nx is very dull it has to be said.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk