News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ

Quote from: Chris on November 08, 2017, 09:39:34 PM
Cheers Tony, Will these buses caused some transfers or more withdrawals of 41** Tridents

I guess some buses could be sent down to Coventry, I remember someone on here mentioning that there was the lowest amount of buses there in a good while, due to recent losses.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Jack

Quote from: DJ98 on November 08, 2017, 09:41:27 PM
I guess some buses could be sent down to Coventry, I remember someone on here mentioning that there was the lowest amount of buses there in a good while, due to recent losses.
There buses going up in flames is to blame. Some 41** can go there (not the Euro 4 ones).

Sayeed

Quote from: DJ98 on November 08, 2017, 09:41:27 PM

They can have 4880 alongside few B7RLE WE2s , maybe?
Век живи - век учись

Jack D

Anyone know of any new branding coming soon, branding would look nice on the 94 or even the 55 again, or X70 branding to go along with X12 brading

Jack

Quote from: Jack D on November 10, 2017, 08:25:13 PM
Anyone know of any new branding coming soon, branding would look nice on the 94 or even the 55 again, or X70 branding to go along with X12 brading
I've been meaning to say this for some time but why havent any recent Crimson Tridents or Gemini's had any branding? Been atleast over a year since a Trident last had any branding applied, which was 44**. Even though they look better without branding I think they should atleast price brand them. Take the 14 for example, all the 45** and 46** have been repainted (bar 4618 and 4628, current being repainted), the 14 should of been rebranded some time ago with Crimsons. Yet they do the Omnilinks at Walsall which are nowhere near being completed. I'd like the 46** Gemini's at PB branded for the 67, which was the route they were suppose to be put on, though they are thrown onto any Gemini route.

John

Quote from: Jack on November 10, 2017, 09:12:07 PM
I've been meaning to say this for some time but why havent any recent Crimson Tridents or Gemini's had any branding? Been atleast over a year since a Trident last had any branding applied, which was 44**. Even though they look better without branding I think they should atleast price brand them. Take the 14 for example, all the 45** and 46** have been repainted (bar 4618 and 4628, current being repainted), the 14 should of been rebranded some time ago with Crimsons. Yet they do the Omnilinks at Walsall which are nowhere near being completed. I'd like the 46** Gemini's at PB branded for the 67, which was the route they were suppose to be put on, though they are thrown onto any Gemini route.

I'd rather have the 44** Geminis branded for the 67. Prefer those to the ex Coventry ones. Plus it would have to be generic Lichfield Road branding with interworking on Saturdays and late nights

Jack

Quote from: John on November 10, 2017, 09:56:59 PM
I'd rather have the 44** Geminis branded for the 67. Prefer those to the ex Coventry ones. Plus it would have to be generic Lichfield Road branding with interworking on Saturdays and late nights
The Ex Cov Gemini's were sent to PB for the 67, but I don't see why they can't make it a corridor as well for the 65. I'd rather have the 44** price branded, meaning they aren't stuck on the 65/67 all the time, especially 4481! I'd rather them be either price branded or 94 branded. At least it means the ALX400's won't be thrown onto the 65/67. I'm not really a fan of the 65, do like the 67.

Tony

Jack

Quote from: Tony on November 10, 2017, 10:10:00 PM
No they weren't
What for then? I got told they were for 67. Unless they were to be spread on the Gemini routes like they currently do.

monkeyjoe

Is the 94 getting any new buses then ???? Suspect I know the answer

Kevin

Quote from: monkeyjoe on November 10, 2017, 10:41:12 PM
Is the 94 getting any new buses then ???? Suspect I know the answer

When the X1/2 get new buses again you can have the bottom end of the resulting cascade  :D
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

MW

From my understanding, the Ex Cov Geminis are for any routes that aren't allocated E400s. Would NX rather fit these newer Geminis with greater 'shelf life' with traps, or fit more traps to older knackered ALX400s. Common sense says Gemini, and then move older vehicles to AG/WB where they can live out their remaining lives on routes that don't require the traps. Simple business sense.

So that's what they're for Jack.

BigDaddyCool

Sorry, a little behind, will the new platinum buses for Harborne  be for all of the 22/3/4/9? And will these all be double decks or some single?

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Kevin on November 10, 2017, 11:36:27 PM
When the X1/2 get new buses again you can have the bottom end of the resulting cascade  :D

Isn't just. I imagine will be when the 9 gets another set of new buses.

Mike K

Quote from: BigDaddyCool on November 11, 2017, 08:32:44 AM
Sorry, a little behind, will the new platinum buses for Harborne  be for all of the 22/3/4/9? And will these all be double decks or some single?

Yes the 38 will be required to cover all 4 routes. Quote from Tony a couple of weeks back:

"This weeks staff bulletin confirms that this years order is for Enviro 400MMCs in Platinum livery and delivery will commence 'in a few days'

Fleetnumber are going to be 6855-6892"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk