News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on November 29, 2016, 07:17:18 PM
It is every 3 minutes for 12 hours a day, so not a con

Just like the 9 up to every 7 mins

ARBB

Dom

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 30, 2016, 09:27:54 AM
Just like the 9 up to every 7 mins

Well you've cocked up there as Tony said 'it is' there is a difference between it is and upto!

monkeyjoe

Still spin whatever way you look at it, just like the broadband companies quoting speeds upto and look at the press they had recently ;)

don

Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

RW

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: RW on December 02, 2016, 09:09:58 PM
and after the Platinums what next?

I'm thinking more crimson buses to offload the Y reg Tridents, hopefully some Gemini 3s !
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

winston

Quote from: RW on December 02, 2016, 09:09:58 PM
and after the Platinums what next?

There's the 10 x Wrights HEV96 gyro drive Hybrids next year to be followed by 19 x Electric buses & 22 x Fuel Cell in 2018.

Plus no doubt more Euro 6 ADL E400MMC's

Eric Shaw

I visited the show at the NEC and was unable to find the GKN gyro drive. There was a short article in Coach and Bus weekly recently saying that work on the gyro drive had stopped. If this is so what will NXWM get instead?

GeminiFan1991

I was in 1 BC's crimson Tridents earlier I felt as though they could have done a better job internally on the bus.
On the repainted Omnilinks the handlebars are crimson which fits in with the "new look" and I wished they did the same with the Tridents & Geminis plus (I suppose this is pushing it) I kinda wished the blue plastic rear seat covers were painted in grey. In my view it gives the bus a more newer look and it brings it line with the newer buses coming in.
Anyone else think they should have used more Gold ? It would look good if the yellow stop button covers were gold plus on the Omnilinks, those 3 horizontal lines on the front would look great in gold.

Putting cost aside as that is probably the biggest factor to consider in all of this and I acknowledge that. I thought it was mentioning this and a healthy discussion could be had.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

P419 EJW

Seeing as anything above 4425 will receive Crimson treatment, I am wondering whether if the 10/10A and the 59 branded Tridents will have Crimson repaints in due course? I ask because they got branded recently. 

Gareth

Quote from: P419 EJW on December 08, 2016, 11:39:23 PM
Seeing as anything above 4425 will receive Crimson treatment, I am wondering whether if the 10/10A and the 59 branded Tridents will have Crimson repaints in due course? I ask because they got branded recently.

You answered your own question. Anything above 4425 will be painted, yes they will be painted in due course.

It's going to be a good couple of years at least before the fleet is complete.

P419 EJW

Quote from: Gareth on December 08, 2016, 11:47:35 PM
You answered your own question. Anything above 4425 will be painted, yes they will be painted in due course.

It's going to be a good couple of years at least before the fleet is complete.

I'm asking because it doesn't say that -all- buses above 4425, just anything above 4425. They got branded recently so I'm wondering that would they stay red/white with the branding until their demise. The 54 plate Tridents might have 3-4 years left considering NX's average age to withdraw is roughly 16 years.

don

Quote from: P419 EJW on December 08, 2016, 11:55:18 PM
I'm asking because it doesn't say that -all- buses above 4425, just anything above 4425. They got branded recently so I'm wondering that would they stay red/white with the branding until their demise. The 54 plate Tridents might have 3-4 years left considering NX's average age to withdraw is roughly 16 years.

It's a good question.

My guess is the branding applied recently to these and also some of the Wolverhampton B7RLEs is a temporary measure pending repaint to the new livery. Over a third of the fleet is already in new livery and based on repaints at 200 a year and new vehicles at over 100 per year on average, they will probably have been done within a couple of years - especially as some of those 45xx Tridents didn't get their seat covers replaced at the last repaint so are probably quite tatty inside. Bear in mind that part of the Quality agreement with TfWM is to introduce platinum buses and to extend route branding - they appear to be prioritising Birmingham corridors for Crimson at the moment (although Walsall's single deckers are being done as well) - so I guess to spread the branding around needs existing liveried vehicles in some areas to be dealt with as well.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

MW

The same thing applies to the Outer Circle branded Geminis. Same age as WN's Tridents too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk