News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filbus1

Jack6101

Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Mike K

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on September 05, 2016, 06:51:48 PM
Don't think it has been mentioned yet but 5421 now has the new 1 branding like 5408 does

Do all Wolverhampton branded routes now have the brown stripe and detailing? Can't say I'm a fan.

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: Mike K on September 05, 2016, 08:57:18 PM
Do all Wolverhampton branded routes now have the brown stripe and detailing? Can't say I'm a fan.

All the branded Volvo Eclipse 2s have the new branding but the 1 has only got a few Enviro Hybrids with this new branding so far. The only other branded routes are the 54/154 which I haven't seen any mention of gaining the brown stripe etc branding.

Trident 4609

Quote from: Mike K on September 05, 2016, 08:57:18 PM

Yes. Why they have only part of the gold strip on the 1 branding (well, will be covered up with adverts) but whilst it doesn't have ads, looks poor.

Dom

Quote from: Nathan on September 05, 2016, 09:29:00 PM
Yes. Why they have only part of the gold strip on the 1 branding (well, will be covered up with adverts) but whilst it doesn't have ads, looks poor.

No, the 54 and 154 don't have the gold or brown strip.

Trident 4609

Quote from: Dom on September 05, 2016, 09:31:14 PM
No, the 54 and 154 don't have the gold or brown strip.

Yes i know. Simply forgot to mention.

karl724223

With pensnett getting new electric single deckers for the 120  wonder if they will be in the platinum livery

Kevin

Quote from: karl724223 on September 21, 2016, 07:46:08 PM
With pensnett getting new electric single deckers for the 120  wonder if they will be in the platinum livery

Wait.
I've been sniggering for a while at this idea assuming it to be just trolling some of the veg on here.
Is this legit happening?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Tony

danny

They could let be for the 140?? Not up on prvs bit living alone gn the 120 route I wonder if it would be practical... I say this because if hills and all that jazz... Will an electric bus be powerful enough to take city Road.
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

Tony

Quote from: danny on September 21, 2016, 08:48:19 PM
They could let be for the 140?? Not up on prvs bit living alone gn the 120 route I wonder if it would be practical... I say this because if hills and all that jazz... Will an electric bus be powerful enough to take city Road.

Electricity - lacking power to climb a hill? are you being serious?

Electricity can provide far more power at the wheel than diesel ever will. The only problem stopping electric vehicles being commonplace is the storage of enough electricity to last the day

Walsall1955

Quote from: Tony on September 21, 2016, 09:01:55 PM
The only problem stopping electric vehicles being commonplace is the storage of enough electricity to last the day
The weight of batteries can be an issue - in fact the five double deckers currently running in London have a Gross Vehicle Weight of 19 tonnes and can only operate as such because of a derogation according to a recent Bus and Coach Buyer article.
One answer to this (but recently rejected at public enquiry re NGT in Leeds) is overhead line powered EVs where it was once possible to operate a 70 seater vehicle with a GVW of less than 13 tons.
Another issue is the premium price of EVs (due to low production volumes) as compared to diesel powered vehicles, grant funding therefore being required to make EVs viable.   

j789

Quote from: Walsall1955 on September 21, 2016, 10:05:40 PM
The weight of batteries can be an issue - in fact the five double deckers currently running in London have a Gross Vehicle Weight of 19 tonnes and can only operate as such because of a derogation according to a recent Bus and Coach Buyer article.
One answer to this (but recently rejected at public enquiry re NGT in Leeds) is overhead line powered EVs where it was once possible to operate a 70 seater vehicle with a GVW of less than 13 tons.
Another issue is the premium price of EVs (due to low production volumes) as compared to diesel powered vehicles, grant funding therefore being required to make EVs viable.

Does anyone know if it is possible to feasibly convert a diesel bus to electric. If this was possible, this may be the answer as the cost would surely be less than buying a brand new electric bus as the body and chassis would cost 'nothing' if you get what I mean?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk