News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dom

Quote from: Mike K on July 31, 2016, 01:13:44 PM
Is that a brownish orange colour alongside the blue?

Hideous.

I don't like all the vinyl they put on the front of branded Eclipse 2s. Tacky and garish, polar opposite to an unbranded Crimson vehicle.

Yes that's what I'm on about @Mike K I think the blue is as well, does not sit on the red at all.

I agree with the front vinyl. I don't get why they don't just fully cover the sides of the destination display, same goes for the E200MMC.

I think if the branding was applied to a crimson livery, it would work okay, except for the brown.

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Tony on July 31, 2016, 09:17:49 AM
Watch for lots more new branding in Wolverhampton

The current 6 branding still looks great IMO.

New 1, 5 and 10 branding would be good. Any chance of a 3 or 4 branded?

GeminiFan1991

I have to question the use of the brown alongside the blue but I can't be the only who actually likes it ? These branded B7RLE's look good in my opinion, the X96 B7RLE's @ PN look quite good, I prefer them to the newer style as the branding is comparatively less.

The newer style branding just looks like a big route number on the side and thats it, why not just use the advert space if not already used to further promote the route ?
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

uniquicity

Read all the comments before seeing the pic. It's not THAT bad. Rather that than the green branding era we went through (shudder)

Dom

Looking at a clearer image the 'brown' bit doesn't actually look brown, looks more gold.

Sh4318

Quote from: uniquicity on July 31, 2016, 08:25:25 PM
Read all the comments before seeing the pic. It's not THAT bad. Rather that than the green branding era we went through (shudder)

My sentiments exactly. I still remember when 4226 went around with that empty green branding
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Solo1

Do we have a date for when the new buses will be in service at Wolverhampton

Dom

Quote from: Solo1 on August 01, 2016, 01:37:07 PM
Do we have a date for when the new buses will be in service at Wolverhampton

Personally I can see it being the bank holiday this month they launch it. Have thought this for quite a while.

Liberator9

Quite like that branding actually - stands out and good chance for a tidy of some of the Eclipses. The location of the name and the application of the badge looks better than the previous white on red set up.

ARBB

Only a few days left to wait until the deliveries start

Jack6101

Does any one now what day there ment to start being delivered?
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Trident 4609

Quote from: Jack6101 on August 06, 2016, 10:01:14 PM
Does any one now what day there ment to start being delivered?

No, just says 'in just a few days time' in the company brief.

Michael Bevan

1512 is now in the new training livery with the branding applied (credit to @Tony for the information from his photo).

mranon

after seeing the influx of new branding in wn this last week or so, I cant believe they did this without at least tidying the vehicles up. I saw a 10 branded b7rle that's in dire need of some panel straightening and they have stuck the Wolverhampton logo over it. theres one which has had a new brilliant white panel on the no.2 new name sticker goes through it. this was ideal opportunity to bring crimson in route by route a wn. even so, I think the branding is imposing, but shows things up for the wrong reasons.

Michael Bevan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk