News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dom

Quote from: Mike K on July 31, 2016, 01:13:44 PM
Is that a brownish orange colour alongside the blue?

Hideous.

I don't like all the vinyl they put on the front of branded Eclipse 2s. Tacky and garish, polar opposite to an unbranded Crimson vehicle.

Yes that's what I'm on about @Mike K I think the blue is as well, does not sit on the red at all.

I agree with the front vinyl. I don't get why they don't just fully cover the sides of the destination display, same goes for the E200MMC.

I think if the branding was applied to a crimson livery, it would work okay, except for the brown.

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Tony on July 31, 2016, 09:17:49 AM
Watch for lots more new branding in Wolverhampton

The current 6 branding still looks great IMO.

New 1, 5 and 10 branding would be good. Any chance of a 3 or 4 branded?

GeminiFan1991

I have to question the use of the brown alongside the blue but I can't be the only who actually likes it ? These branded B7RLE's look good in my opinion, the X96 B7RLE's @ PN look quite good, I prefer them to the newer style as the branding is comparatively less.

The newer style branding just looks like a big route number on the side and thats it, why not just use the advert space if not already used to further promote the route ?
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

uniquicity

Read all the comments before seeing the pic. It's not THAT bad. Rather that than the green branding era we went through (shudder)

Dom

Looking at a clearer image the 'brown' bit doesn't actually look brown, looks more gold.

Sh4318

Quote from: uniquicity on July 31, 2016, 08:25:25 PM
Read all the comments before seeing the pic. It's not THAT bad. Rather that than the green branding era we went through (shudder)

My sentiments exactly. I still remember when 4226 went around with that empty green branding
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Solo1

Do we have a date for when the new buses will be in service at Wolverhampton

Dom

Quote from: Solo1 on August 01, 2016, 01:37:07 PM
Do we have a date for when the new buses will be in service at Wolverhampton

Personally I can see it being the bank holiday this month they launch it. Have thought this for quite a while.

Liberator9

Quite like that branding actually - stands out and good chance for a tidy of some of the Eclipses. The location of the name and the application of the badge looks better than the previous white on red set up.

ARBB

Only a few days left to wait until the deliveries start

Jack6101

Does any one now what day there ment to start being delivered?
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Trident 4609

Quote from: Jack6101 on August 06, 2016, 10:01:14 PM
Does any one now what day there ment to start being delivered?

No, just says 'in just a few days time' in the company brief.

Michael Bevan

1512 is now in the new training livery with the branding applied (credit to @Tony for the information from his photo).

mranon

after seeing the influx of new branding in wn this last week or so, I cant believe they did this without at least tidying the vehicles up. I saw a 10 branded b7rle that's in dire need of some panel straightening and they have stuck the Wolverhampton logo over it. theres one which has had a new brilliant white panel on the no.2 new name sticker goes through it. this was ideal opportunity to bring crimson in route by route a wn. even so, I think the branding is imposing, but shows things up for the wrong reasons.

Michael Bevan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk