News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dom

Quote from: Steve3229vp on June 18, 2016, 01:22:10 PM
Why are there so many sections of fleet numbers, wouldn't be more sensible to number the StreetDecks 6149-6153 (instead of 3301-3305) ?
The hybrids could be 6001 upwards (instead of 54xx and 55xx)

The wouldn't as now they keep different types of buses fleetnumbers separate.

CL

Quote from: markcf83 on June 18, 2016, 01:58:15 PM
From memory I don't think they are hybrids. I may be wrong on this one....
???

There's a fleet of 48 hybrids based at Birmingham Central (BC), Wolverhampton (WN), and Dundee..

Enviro 400H  (5401 - 5430)
Volvo B5LH   (5501 - 5518)

All of which are also in a green livery.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

tank90

Quote from: Steve3229vp on June 18, 2016, 01:22:10 PM
Why are there so many sections of fleet numbers, wouldn't be more sensible to number the StreetDecks 6149-6153 (instead of 3301-3305) ?
The hybrids could be 6001 upwards (instead of 54xx and 55xx)

The bendi buses are 6001-6032 which is why they went for 54xx and 55xx which makes sense. 3225 is a Heritage Bus which is why 3301 was chosen for the street decks and why should have NX put the Street decks in with the MMCs why not keep them separate makes more sense to me if I'm honest.

As for sensibility to be honest how NX have done it makes more sense then the old way, but in all honesty its up to NX to decide not us its there fleet and numbers to issue as they see fit.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

RW

Street Deck 3301 was a 'seed' vehicle presumably provided to NX at no cost? NX are now purchasing 4 more Street Decks. Does this indicate that NX are considering purchasing further Street Decks outside the ADL agreement? If not why add 5 non standard vehicles to their fleet with the problems that can bring?

Other Walsall Tony

Just for light relief...

Is this a sneak preview of new buses for the 529?  Complete with on board entertainment!

And it is a Dennis chassis too...
Tony

Mike K

Quote from: RW on June 19, 2016, 06:51:12 PM
Street Deck 3301 was a 'seed' vehicle presumably provided to NX at no cost? NX are now purchasing 4 more Street Decks. Does this indicate that NX are considering purchasing further Street Decks outside the ADL agreement? If not why add 5 non standard vehicles to their fleet with the problems that can bring?

I thought that seed vehicles were offered at an incentivised cost in the hope that operators would then go on to purchase more, rather than being provided free.

BU07 LGO

Anyone else think the platinum brand is being diluted with all the mmcs being platinum? Would have been nice to see some standard crimsons aswell

GeminiFan1991

I would love to see some Gemini 3 making up the orders although it seems quite unlikely !
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Driver03

Quote from: BU07 LGO on June 20, 2016, 10:32:02 AM
Anyone else think the platinum brand is being diluted with all the mmcs being platinum? Would have been nice to see some standard crimsons aswell
Whilst I agree some Chrimsons would of been nice I don't agree that the Platinum brand is being diluted, NX are committing to upgrade key routes in order to make bus travel more appealing so it stands to reason that they will upgrade more routes. If every single bus that was ordered from now then I'd agree, but for the moment I think they are upgrading very sensible routes.

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on June 20, 2016, 10:34:46 AM
I would love to see some Gemini 3 making up the orders although it seems quite unlikely !
Give me a good Volvo any day :D

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Driver03 on June 20, 2016, 10:40:51 AM
Give me a good Volvo any day :D

The Streetdeck proved to a good enough to warrant an order so I hope the short stint of the Gemini 3 demonstrator has proved to be fruitful.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

John

Tony

don

Presuming the Sutton corridor gets upgraded vehicles in the next few months, would I be right in saying the Bristol Road and Alum Rock corridors would be the only ones in Birmingham without crimson (or vehicles in the process of repaint), or fairly recent route branded vehicles (such as Soho Road, Harborne, Pershore Road)?
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk