News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dom

The first bit of trident price branding has been done. 4447 has now been hit with it.

Also I have noticed that the colour of the price branding for the new branding style is a gold color. Yes for the 9 and the 50 its the regular branding colour, why is this?

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Dom on June 13, 2016, 03:09:24 PM
The first bit of trident price branding has been done. 4447 has now been hit with it.

Also I have noticed that the colour of the price branding for the new branding style is a gold color. Yes for the 9 and the 50 its the regular branding colour, why is this?

The price branding for the 82/7 is also the regular branding colour.

John

Gold could be the colour for all new price branding, with our doubles and singles, and Acocks Green's Geminis

Kevin

Anyone else here a bit pissed about the latest daysaver stickers on the front windows. On the ALX400 bodies combined with that bloody handrail across the window it really restricts the view and makes me feel a bit sick if I'm sat right at the front
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Other Walsall Tony

Quote from: Kevin on June 16, 2016, 07:36:11 AM
Anyone else here a bit pissed about the latest daysaver stickers on the front windows. On the ALX400 bodies combined with that bloody handrail across the window it really restricts the view and makes me feel a bit sick if I'm sat right at the front

Don't sit at the front then...
Tony

JoNi

I once complained to Arriva North East about a badly positioned sticker on the front.  They replied it had been put in the wrong place. Mind you that was a scenic coastal route! If you're not happy complain citing the Marketing department as the person you want a reply from.

Michael Bevan

I noticed that. However I just sit up straight in order to see out of the window. However when I was on 4257 on Tuesday in the heavy rain, I did notice it stopped the water leaking in at the front. Usually ALX400's are known to leak quite bad during rain, but no water got in at all.

windy miller

Quote from: RW on March 07, 2015, 06:35:32 PM
Hope it's not green. Haven't NX heard the saying 'red and green should never be seen'. Would be a terrible clash with the new livery!

I think that should be  ' blue' and green?... ;)
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Kevin

Quote from: Other Walsall Tony on June 16, 2016, 07:55:23 AM
Don't sit at the front then...

Whilst it is a valid statement, there's not really any other seats a 6ft4in man like me can actually fit
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Bryan

I'm certain, as with a lot of these problems including contravision, it is a case of people sat in an office designing these things who do not travel on the vehicles themselves.

What I find even more amazing, is the bus companies concerned don't appear to care what the passengers think, otherwise they wouldn't allow it to happen.

At the end of the day, windows are there to be looked out of and to create light inside the vehicles, something NXWM as well as many other operators quite happily forget at their peril. After all, for each passenger they lose, that could amount to a fair amount of revenue over a period of time.

JoNi

I appreciate operators stick fares information on windows so that paintwork isn't damaged when fares increase and they have to be replaced. That doesn't justify it, but it does keep the Engineering manager happy!

Bryan

Quote from: JoNi on June 17, 2016, 08:58:55 AM
I appreciate operators stick fares information on windows so that paintwork isn't damaged when fares increase and they have to be replaced. That doesn't justify it, but it does keep the Engineering manager happy!

Your not in marketing are you JoNi?  :)

Tony

Quote from: Kevin on June 16, 2016, 12:12:17 PM
Whilst it is a valid statement, there's not really any other seats a 6ft4in man like me can actually fit

At that height not sure those stickers would get in your line of vision, the handrail might.

Tony

Quote from: Bryan on June 17, 2016, 08:35:57 AM
I'm certain, as with a lot of these problems including contravision, it is a case of people sat in an office designing these things who do not travel on the vehicles themselves.

What I find even more amazing, is the bus companies concerned don't appear to care what the passengers think, otherwise they wouldn't allow it to happen.

At the end of the day, windows are there to be looked out of and to create light inside the vehicles, something NXWM as well as many other operators quite happily forget at their peril. After all, for each passenger they lose, that could amount to a fair amount of revenue over a period of time.

An ALX400 with the fare stickers on the front window still has a greater area of glass to look through than a Birmingham Fleetline (3250-3880) did, but I never saw many people moaning about lack of vision in those.

Bryan

Quote from: Tony on June 17, 2016, 10:04:05 AM
At that height not sure those stickers would get in your line of vision, the handrail might.

At the risk of getting banned from this site Tony, nothing blocking passenger views out of windows of buses is acceptable to passengers!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk