News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pb2012

Quote from: Tony on June 07, 2016, 02:56:55 PM
Currently in build for Pensnett garage
Are these part of the 100 due this year or additional to that?

Sayeed

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 07, 2016, 05:02:20 PM
So what happened to the exclusive deal with ADL?

Thanks for raising this question @Stuharris 6360, I wanted to know it too
Век живи - век учись

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Dom on June 07, 2016, 05:10:46 PM
Its been said hundreds of times, it wasn't an exclusive deal, it was just a deal that guaranteed 500 buses over 5 years from ADL.

Sorry to disagree @Dom but have found this

"Peter Coates, Managing Director of National Express UK Bus said: "This multi-year contract represents a major step forward in terms of revitalising our bus fleets – and in the way we do business. By working exclusively with ADL we can harness the vast wealth of knowledge within our various engineering teams, improve vehicle reliability and performance, and give our customers better service."
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Dom

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 07, 2016, 05:40:21 PM
Sorry to disagree @Dom but have found this

"Peter Coates, Managing Director of National Express UK Bus said: "This multi-year contract represents a major step forward in terms of revitalising our bus fleets – and in the way we do business. By working exclusively with ADL we can harness the vast wealth of knowledge within our various engineering teams, improve vehicle reliability and performance, and give our customers better service."

Fair enough, I was sure Id seen it that it wasn't an exclusive deal. I apologise.

Stu

QuoteThis multi-year contract represents a major step forward in terms of revitalising our bus fleets – and in the way we do business. By working exclusively with ADL...

"By working exclusively" is not to be read as an 'exclusive deal'. That quote was also made by Mr Coates a couple of years ago, and as we all know, things can change. NX can (and will) still honour their deal with ADL, but in the meantime what's not to say that there will be a need for more buses over what has been agreed with ADL? Nothing to stop NX sourcing buses from elsewhere, and it would be in NX's interests to source buses that were better value for money (obviously depending on what the evaluation results were, which I don't know, but one can only assume that NX have been sufficiently impressed with the StreetDeck if they have purchased more) if that were the case.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Mike K

To be fair the expression "by working exclusively with ADL" does by definition mean to the exclusion of others. However, it's just the words of Peter Coates as opposed to contractual obligations, I can't see there's any way a bus company could or would sign up to a contract that forbids them buying from other suppliers.

Gareth

Any chance we can get the eventual 3318-50 allocated to the 55 route please? 😝

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Gareth on June 07, 2016, 10:37:26 PM
Any chance we can get the eventual 3318-50 allocated to the 55 route please? 😝

eventual ?

Unless, the 55 is leaving BY, no chance mate !
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

monkeyjoe

DavieDD2

Please keep sending WM cast offs to Dundee, we love them! :/

MW

Quote from: DavieDD2 on June 08, 2016, 12:03:50 AM
Please keep sending WM cast offs to Dundee, we love them! :/

The Geminis are alright aren't they?!

I've not driven 4700-17, but the 2004 ones here in Birmingham are sweet, not sure how the Dundee 2004 ones are though.

Gareth

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on June 07, 2016, 10:43:20 PM
eventual ?

Unless, the 55 is leaving BY, no chance mate !

I knew this would be misunderstood by many! The original 3318-50 were allocated to Washwood Heath in 1963 for the 55 route. Well before my time, I was only just born when the majority of the batch were being withdrawn. But it would be a nice link to the past! 😃

don

3306-3317 should work on the 60, and 3351-3383 on the 50 also!! These buses were all new when I was a mere lad!! And indeed the WH batch generally stayed there all of their lives.

I'm guessing PEs five vehicles might get used on some of the hillier routes - a good test for them!

Who knows, Dundee might end up with some 😉
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Gareth on June 08, 2016, 01:22:03 AM
I knew this would be misunderstood by many! The original 3318-50 were allocated to Washwood Heath in 1963 for the 55 route. Well before my time, I was only just born when the majority of the batch were being withdrawn. But it would be a nice link to the past! 😃

I was one that misunderstood but like you say it's in the past and these days ex Washwood heath routes especially are likely to get nothing lol

Demonstrator4698

over all national express have bought 4 more streetdecks. will they be the last ones in the fleet or will more arrive after these ? (3302-3305)
Service 35 - Hawkesley - Pool Farm - Brandwood - Kings Heath - Highbury park - Moseley - Edgebaston - Balsall Heath - Highgate - Markets - City Centre

Via Shannon Rd, Alcester Rd and Vicarage Rd

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6yCA22s66D8vcwcp3zu99A

Local Routes: 18, 35, 49, 45/47, 27, 84, 11A/11C, 69, 38, 144/144A, X61/63, 98, 29/29E, 48, 19, 50, 39/39A

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk