News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CL

Price Branding.

I've only currently seen the new Price Branding on Gemini bodies; the B7TL and B5LH - notably, BC's early Hybrids and 4488/4489, I've seen, carrying the ads. Lothian buses come to mind for some reason; although, I find NX's approach much more eyecatching..

(Poor Quality) photo to come..

EDIT: Just seen 4244 with it..
Here's the photo of 4489: https://flic.kr/p/H6ugrE
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Dom

Quote from: clayderman on May 17, 2016, 07:52:30 AM
Price Branding.

I've only currently seen the new Price Branding on Gemini bodies; the B7TL and B5LH - notably, BC's early Hybrids and 4488/4489, I've seen, carrying the ads. Lothian buses come to mind for some reason; although, I find NX's approach much more eyecatching..

I've just seen your photo on Flickr and straight away I thought of Lothain, although more of design has been put on the NX ones.

CL

Quote from: Dom on May 17, 2016, 07:55:20 AM
I've just seen your photo on Flickr and straight away I thought of Lothain, although more of design has been put on the NX ones.
Precisely my point. ;) Not sure if you could make it out in the photo, but it's advertising the new £4 daysavers from after 9.30am and weekends - to be fair, you must be either blind or illiterate to miss that. Clever branding, really.. Should avoid some confrontation between the driver and passengers on some past experiences.

JoNi

The current Lothian ones are low key and hard to read.
It is easier to appreciate this bus has been adjusted without the need for an "E"!
https://www.flickr.com/gp/92409298@N06/W6291i

Michael Bevan

Quote from: clayderman on May 17, 2016, 07:52:30 AM
Price Branding.

EDIT: Just seen 4244 with it..
Here's the photo of 4489: https://flic.kr/p/H6ugrE

Quite a few vehicles have received it now including 4697.

Squiz1971

Most of the PB Gemini's have the daysaver branding applied all the Gemini's I saw on the 94 have the branding applied as do some of the BC Trident 2's. Looks ok from inside too saw it on 4505 when I got the 94 from town. I agree it should stop arguments but how many people look up to the top windows?

Quote from: Nathan on May 17, 2016, 01:12:07 PM
4162 is another one that has recieved this advertising.
4607, 4609, 4618, 5508, 4187, A PB 42** B7TL ALX400 on the 7 today all have it and a 41** Trident which is on the 97.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Gareth

With this daysaver sticker on the upper deck window probably going to be a fleet wide thing, do we really need mentioned every bus with it on? Maybe I'm just getting old, and not really into what's exciting the kids these days.

CL

Quote from: Squiz1971 on May 17, 2016, 02:50:18 PM

I agree it should stop arguments but how many people look up to the top windows?
With a branding as bold as that, I'm sure it'd be hard not to! :P

Quote from: Gareth on May 17, 2016, 09:49:31 PM
With this daysaver sticker on the upper deck window probably going to be a fleet wide thing, do we really need mentioned every bus with it on? Maybe I'm just getting old, and not really into what's exciting the kids these days.
I understand what you mean.

To be fair, I've only initially mentioned it as no one else had. I've seen it yesterday afternoon on a Hybrid, though, I wasn't sure if I was seeing things or not. ::) It wasn't until this morning I saw more than one bus carrying the branding that I thought it was worth a mention.. ;)

JoNi

Walked out of Haymarket with £3.50 in hand, looked at bus noticed it was £4, it does work but I knew where to look.

Dylanbusboy45

Seems like most if not all BC 41xx have got the new price branding. Also seen a few 46xx with it as well.

RS

4609 has the PB seen and photographed on the 29 Thursday
London Euston

JoNi

Fares branding does have to be fancy to be effective even when the weather is dull.
https://www.flickr.com/gp/92409298@N06/G2o8C4

RW

Bored with endless talk of branding, how about some news or just speculation regarding this years 'new deliveries'. On the question of branding anyone else take the view that NXWM have just about reached a point where if any more branding is applied to their vehicles it certainly won't enhance their on road appearance.

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: RW on May 24, 2016, 05:24:55 PM
Bored with endless talk of branding, how about some news or just speculation regarding this years 'new deliveries'. On the question of branding anyone else take the view that NXWM have just about reached a point where if any more branding is applied to their vehicles it certainly won't enhance their on road appearance.

I like how you denounce the talk of branding and then go on to ask a question regarding it !
I think the branding is being somewhat overused. Buses out of paint are having it put on and even red/ white vehicles are having those strips on the top deck then you get the route branding as well.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk