News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrifirststage

Quote from: DavieDD2 on June 10, 2015, 09:49:20 PM
I was also on 7156 and it was no better, a powerless engine screaming it's head off with seats that might as well have been wooden benches, bring on the 56 plate cascades from Walsall!!
Good Lord.......a Scottish McBob.

don

Earlier in the year, a statement regarding the new deliveries from NX Bus said there would be an average of one new bus per day over the summer months.

The delivery of E200MMCs appears to have come to a resounding halt following rejection of 2201 and 2202 - and now the Platinum E400MMCs seem to have ceased delivery. The knock on effect on cascades to Dundee appears to be significant - is there some problem with ADL or is this a planned break in deliveries?
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Tony

Quote from: don on June 12, 2015, 08:48:11 PM
Earlier in the year, a statement regarding the new deliveries from NX Bus said there would be an average of one new bus per day over the summer months.

The delivery of E200MMCs appears to have come to a resounding halt following rejection of 2201 and 2202 - and now the Platinum E400MMCs seem to have ceased delivery. The knock on effect on cascades to Dundee appears to be significant - is there some problem with ADL or is this a planned break in deliveries?

Although there are no deliveries expected this week, hopefully 6 new buses will arrive next week

don

Quote from: Tony on June 12, 2015, 08:50:04 PM
Although there are no deliveries expected this week, hopefully 6 new buses will arrive next week

That's good news - thanks Tony.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on June 12, 2015, 08:50:04 PM

For x51/997?

Liberator9

Considering the 957 still hasn't gone fully Platinum, expect they're the last lot for BC. Could still be a while till the E200MMCs come down by the looks of it.

Tony

Liberator9

Sounds good - hopefully that includes some E200MMCs - hopefully any issues have now been sorted out by ADL.

don

Does anyone know if another delivery of E200s is planned next week? Presumably the Yorkshire factory isn't affected by the Falkirk 2 week shutdown.

Stevo

I went on a New Routemaster today - one of the earlier ones. The body had a noticeable creak, there was a noisy knocking from the rear end and the audible announcements were gibberish. Perhaps what they need down there is a bit of Platinum quality!

Tony

Quote from: don on June 29, 2015, 01:19:47 AM
Does anyone know if another delivery of E200s is planned next week? Presumably the Yorkshire factory isn't affected by the Falkirk 2 week shutdown.

Some more due this week first!

Yes, some next week as well

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Stevo on June 29, 2015, 09:43:03 PM
I went on a New Routemaster today - one of the earlier ones. The body had a noticeable creak, there was a noisy knocking from the rear end and the audible announcements were gibberish. Perhaps what they need down there is a bit of Platinum quality!

The Mayor has been criticised recently as the New Routemaster allegedly have 5 times more emissions than a standard hybrid bus!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 29, 2015, 10:02:49 PM
The Mayor has been criticised recently as the New Routemaster allegedly have 5 times more emissions than a standard hybrid bus!

That makes a Plaxton sound good !
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

CL

Never really expected pink branding for the 37... Nevertheless, the look nice. The destination display 'halo' certainly looks better, being more of a rectangular shape, resulting in the outline of the display better, imo. Still. Something, to me, feels odd about E200's on the 37. ???
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: clayderman on July 02, 2015, 07:17:27 AM
Never really expected pink branding for the 37... Nevertheless, the look nice. The destination display 'halo' certainly looks better, being more of a rectangular shape, resulting in the outline of the display better, imo. Still. Something, to me, feels odd about E200's on the 37. ???

Same here, I think of the older vehicle when I hear E200 and then I think its a busy route with a small bus ! :-[
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk