News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wembley86

Quote from: DavieDD2 on May 24, 2015, 03:23:10 PM
Or Eastern Counties maybe?
yes Eastern Counties had all red livery will a dash of cream

RW

Having seen the recent photos of 4799 and 4812 can't help wondering why NXWM didn't extend the lower deck gold lining around the rear of the vehicles providing a clear separation of the two crimsons as they have on the upper deck lining. Bit picky but I assume there was a reason?

Tony

Next route should start going Platinum tomorrow now this is ready
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/5001-9959/6712.html

Liberator9

Looks good - will be nice to see them in Solihull tomorrow!

GeminiFan1991

Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Westy

Quote from: Tony on June 03, 2015, 08:42:58 PM
Next route should start going Platinum tomorrow now this is ready
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/5001-9959/6712.html

Is there any 'plain' Platiniums without any service branding on?

Trident 4609

Quote from: Westy on June 03, 2015, 09:19:17 PM
Is there any 'plain' Platiniums without any service branding on?

6701,6702,6716,6717 and 6718 have generic advertising for Platinum as exhibitited by 6701/2.

domino.99

Probably going to have hundreds of complaints but I really don't like the 957 branding, the 900 yeah isn't bad, but this is just not what I would expect! Nor was the 900 but I just don't like the 957 at all!

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Dom on June 03, 2015, 09:59:12 PM
Probably going to have hundreds of complaints but I really don't like the 957 branding, the 900 yeah isn't bad, but this is just not what I would expect! Nor was the 900 but I just don't like the 957 at all!

well to be honest @Dom i don't even like the Platinum livery full stop.

tbh, i would have called them Gold routes and have a special gold livery to go with it and the MMCs with wi fi etc, then you could have had a few routes called silver routes with new buses but no wi fi (ie the 9, 50) and the rest of the routes would be known as Bronze routes.

Gold routes would charge a higher fare eg: £3 single and Daysavers would only be valid with a 50p supplement

Silver routes would charge a fare of £2.50 single

Bronze routes would charge £2.00 single
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

CL

Quote from: Dom on June 03, 2015, 09:59:12 PM
To be honest, nor do I. I like the 900 branding. It's bright, for starters - something the 957 branding lacked also, with such a dark green. I guess against the dark grey livery, it doesn't help much. However, you gotta admit, the new branding is concise, minimalistic, and suits the livery more... Although, I can't blame them for choosing (more or less) the same colours. It'll reduce confusion against both services, and for 'amateur' bus users will/should recognise it from thr old branding - resulting in easily differentiating between the two services.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Stevo

The problem I foresee with Platinum is that the greys must shine. If a repaint is 6 years down the line as with the E400s now being done they'll look very drab.

BU07 LGO

Quote from: Stevo on June 04, 2015, 09:47:07 AM
The problem I foresee with Platinum is that the greys must shine. If a repaint is 6 years down the line as with the E400s now being done they'll look very drab.

especially when you see a current livery bus in bright sun light how scratched they have became! Im not sure if its the bus washes which scratch them but they are covered in swirl marks!

The Fox 4846

Any news or delivery dates for any of the new buses?
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

Trident 4609

Matt.N0056

Do all the newer buses, just platimuns or certain buses have tacos fitted. Noticed 6701 seemed to have one?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk