News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike K

Quote from: Tony on May 20, 2015, 03:28:29 PM
6147/8 are not having branding of any sort

That's good to hear. The new livery looks superb without the branding. The darker red on the upper section gets a bit lost when both adverts and branding are applied.

Oozells

Quote from: clayderman on May 19, 2015, 09:30:37 PM
Something I've been wondering about... The font for the fleet number on buses 4881 up to 4913 would've suited the new deliveries, especially with the logo change. Any idea why they changed it back to the 'Ariel' font face from 4914 onwards? Cost, perhaps?

I noticed when they brought in the new font for the fleet numbers, but didn't notice that they'd taken it away. I'm sad now.

I thought it was really good that they'd also updated the logo, but now it's been ruined by finding out that the brand doesn't go all over - is the legal name and address in the new font?

Edit: Actually, it does look slightly harder to read on some numbers, so that's probably why it doesn't carry on. I'll allow it.

Bryan

Quote from: Mike K on May 20, 2015, 05:13:44 PM
That's good to hear. The new livery looks superb without the branding. The darker red on the upper section gets a bit lost when both adverts and branding are applied.

I would agree. I think the potential impact of the new livery has been totally lost with all the branding and adverts on the vehicles.

Everything seems to be competing for attention to the exclusion of the colour scheme. Not a great introduction in my opinion.

arrifirststage

Quote from: Bryan on May 20, 2015, 06:34:35 PM
I would agree. I think the potential impact of the new livery has been totally lost with all the branding and adverts on the vehicles.

Everything seems to be competing for attention to the exclusion of the colour scheme. Not a great introduction in my opinion.

Do I detect a slow spread of opinions moving towards my oft-expressed assertion that branding is dreadful in any form?
Everyone is different,but I have never thought that ANY branding ever improved anything...........though apparently management believe it improves takings.

CL

Quote from: Oozells on May 20, 2015, 06:20:31 PM
I noticed when they brought in the new font for the fleet numbers, but didn't notice that they'd taken it away. I'm sad now.

I thought it was really good that they'd also updated the logo, but now it's been ruined by finding out that the brand doesn't go all over - is the legal name and address in the new font?

Edit: Actually, it does look slightly harder to read on some numbers, so that's probably why it doesn't carry on. I'll allow it.
Suppose the '8' can looks like 0, 3, 5 or 6 - but I do miss it. Fact: Another batch of vehicles to carry this font fleet number is the original WN Hybrids (5410 - 5421 / 5510 - 5518)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

BU07 LGO

Quote from: arrifirststage on May 20, 2015, 07:23:57 PM
Do I detect a slow spread of opinions moving towards my oft-expressed assertion that branding is dreadful in any form?
Everyone is different,but I have never thought that ANY branding ever improved anything...........though apparently management believe it improves takings.

I would like to see more "fully barnded" buses like we saw with the Gemini's (line 33, the big outer circle and the premier 997) where the branding is incorporated into the livery and there are no advertising frames

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: BU07 LGO on May 20, 2015, 07:41:31 PM
I would like to see more "fully barnded" buses like we saw with the Gemini's (line 33, the big outer circle and the premier 997) where the branding is incorporated into the livery and there are no advertising frames

I agree here, the Geminis pulled it off best (Subjectively speaking) and sometimes to make certain branding standout, combining it with the livery is just the way to do it.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

BU07 LGO

Quote from: BusFan on May 20, 2015, 08:20:56 PM
I agree here, the Geminis pulled it off best (Subjectively speaking) and sometimes to make certain branding standout, combining it with the livery is just the way to do it.

Yeah I think the adverts ruin it or the "stuck on style" branding like on the 997 enviros even though there was no adverts.

I also remember the 1 in 1000 (4370) and the thankyou west midlands branding on the tridents which looked good.

DavieDD2

mmm... route branding, gggrrrr...! for as much as it annoys me, there's a simple way to solve it, instead of individual routes getting different coloured branding, why not allocate a set colour to each garage to brand the routes operated from there? All routes operated by AG could use, I don't know, green branding say, all CV's routes in blue, PB routes in yellow and so on. As for previous branding, the 37 toothpaste one was really nice, it a shame that livery wasn't continued instead of introducing the red and white.

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: DavieDD2 on May 21, 2015, 10:53:52 PM
mmm... route branding, gggrrrr...! for as much as it annoys me, there's a simple way to solve it, instead of individual routes getting different coloured branding, why not allocate a set colour to each garage to brand the routes operated from there? All routes operated by AG could use, I don't know, green branding say, all CV's routes in blue, PB routes in yellow and so on. As for previous branding, the 37 toothpaste one was really nice, it a shame that livery wasn't continued instead of introducing the red and white.

With the current type of branding, It easier to differentiate the different routes and they all stand out but by segmenting them by garage, in my opinion doesn't serve a purpose, the average joe probably wouldn't care, if anything all the garages might just have hint of colour about them. 

JoNi

Branding is most effective when it is used to assist customers unfamiliar with bus services to make them stand out, University buses are a case in point. Bus stop info and timetables also need to have the brand, even the interiors. Painting the bus is the easy bit.

GeminiFan1991

Branding when done right can be a good aid and help passengers discern certain routes/ corridors with colours.  The large circular 11 branding on the Geminis was a good example, combining the outer circle name with destinations. The new type of branding I think looks good. Having bus stops (Especially the last City Centre stops) in the same colour as the route branding can help associate bus stop with route, especially from distance.

wembley86

the new livery look like the old Eastern General buses livery.  I can see the words national express been replaced with the double N logo on cream

Stevo

There wasn't an Eastern General. Do you mean Northern General?

DavieDD2

Or Eastern Counties maybe?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk