News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danny

Have the Enviro 200 MMC's turned up yet... Will be interesting too see the branding style applied (if any) on the single deck version of the livery.
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

Chris2301

Quote from: danny on May 17, 2015, 06:45:05 PM
Have the Enviro 200 MMC's turned up yet... Will be interesting too see the branding style applied (if any) on the single deck version of the livery.

On the main website, nx index, 2201 - 2250 then click on 2201 and theres a pic of the e200 mmc  in Crimson

danny

QuoteOn the main website, nx index, 2201 - 2250 then click on 2201 and theres a pic of the e200 mmc  in Crimson

Sorry I probably should have been clearer, I had seen the photo but recall seeing a post saying the first two 2201 and 2202 were due to arrive on Thursday??

May habe misread it somewhere.

Tony

Quote from: danny on May 18, 2015, 02:58:06 PM
Sorry I probably should have been clearer, I had seen the photo but recall seeing a post saying the first two 2201 and 2202 were due to arrive on Thursday??

May habe misread it somewhere.

They were delayed I believe they may arrive in the next 24 hours now.

danny

JackC

Gotta say I'm really not liking the front end of the E200MMC. Looks very ugly, especially with the huge black panel under the screen which they've obviously nicked the idea for from the Wrightbus NBFL.  :-\

Liverpool Street

Quote from: JackC on May 19, 2015, 06:51:49 PM
Gotta say I'm really not liking the front end of the E200MMC. Looks very ugly, especially with the huge black panel under the screen which they've obviously nicked the idea for from the Wrightbus NBFL.  :-\

I couldn't agree more. The front end is positively disgusting! I really wished they used the same lighting cluster on the 200MMC as on the 400MMC and made it symmetrical. Not sure about "nicking the idea" though, it seems a lot of manufacturers are going through this glossy black panel phase. I can't wait for it to pass. Have we got some rear end pictures of the 200MMC?

And it still reminds me of a Mitsubishi Fuso of some description and some sort of European FSO bodied machine. And that UVG heap.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

CL

Something I've been wondering about... The font for the fleet number on buses 4881 up to 4913 would've suited the new deliveries, especially with the logo change. Any idea why they changed it back to the 'Ariel' font face from 4914 onwards? Cost, perhaps?

Quote from: JackC on May 19, 2015, 06:51:49 PM
As for the asymmetric front of the E200MMC, I think it looks half-decent. Being the LWB version, in the lovely crimson livery - I think it just made 'the cut'. Well, for me, anyway.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Stevo

I think it's unfortunate there's so much black - presumably obligatory - that it almost overshadows the new livery. But we really need to see it in the flesh.

danny

I can't help but not like it unfortunately... I'm seriously hoping to be won over by comfort. Ride quality and efficiently, it's definitely one of those situations where you will like it for the personality... However, the redeeming factor is that the livery really does suite the curves of the bus, and atleast ADL have tried something a little different rather than copying the double decker style for the front. Time will tell.

Niall

I like the Driver Training display on the photo of 2202 :)

I won't comment on the look of the vehicle until I get chance to see it in person (the 400s didn't look as bad as I remember thinking when I first saw the photos of the branding!) but I can't see much scope for any route branding further than the large numbers which were seen on the scanias. Maybe they won't get any, or at least until there's a sizeable amount of the batch in service?

I wonder, will the first passenger get told they're the first to travel on an E200 MMC in proper service in the country? (there are no demonstrators floating around as far as I'm aware, are there?)
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

Stu

Quote from: Stevo on May 19, 2015, 11:09:01 PM
I think it's unfortunate there's so much black - presumably obligatory - that it almost overshadows the new livery. But we really need to see it in the flesh.

Don't worry, I presume those areas of black have been purposely designed for branding ;)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Dutsey

I saw one on the A42 this morning on my way to work in Nottingham. The new livery is very smart

horsencart

SN15LHU   Fleet number    6147    on private hire on the Warwick Rd  no adverts or branding  (as yet)   https://www.flickr.com/photos/dofartshavelumps/17894506782/in/dateposted-public/

Tony

Quote from: horsencart on May 20, 2015, 03:17:15 PM
SN15LHU   Fleet number    6147    on private hire on the Warwick Rd  no adverts or branding  (as yet)   https://www.flickr.com/photos/dofartshavelumps/17894506782/in/dateposted-public/

6147/8 are not having branding of any sort

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk