News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

Trident 4609

I was dreading branding being applied to the Platinums but yet again, Well Done NX. Brilliant Job.

BU07 LGO

What's the big rectangle on the offside rear? Cant be the exhaust?

Stevo

Yes - perhaps that will be visible even to blokes like me who should've gone to Specsavers!

Stevo

Quote from: Squiz1971 on May 15, 2015, 01:33:08 PM
Yes true as he helped put Walsall on the map bus wise especially with the monster fleetline in 56/L now preserved at Wythall he deserves to be immortalised on a Walsall E400
56 should be carrying passengers for the first time at Wythall over the Spring Bank Holiday. Can't promise as work was still being carried out on it yesterday, but we all hope it will be out for the special Walsall event over the Bank Holiday.

Ronnoc

Quote from: BU07 LGO on May 15, 2015, 07:56:35 PM
It is the exhaust pipe.

Oozells

Quote from: Tony on May 15, 2015, 06:45:34 PM
Anybody want to see the 900 route branding?

http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/5001-9959/6703.html

Still haven't caught onto the fact that Coventry is known for sky blue, as are their buses, and aeroplanes take off in blue sky.

Mike K

Quote from: Oozells on May 15, 2015, 11:11:52 PM
Still haven't caught onto the fact that Coventry is known for sky blue, as are their buses, and aeroplanes take off in blue sky.

It's a Birmingham based bus so why Coventry colours?
And more often than not aeroplanes take off in grey sky in this country.

Bryan

Quote from: Tony on May 15, 2015, 06:56:11 PM
The 'halo' around the service number?

If there is one thing I hate about the new liveries it's the halo around the destination screen. In my mind the colour should be below the drivers black windscreen surround, still obvious but less in your face, especially as most of the brand colours clash badly with the new liveries.

RW

Quote from: Bryan on May 16, 2015, 09:10:27 AM
If there is one thing I hate about the new liveries it's the halo around the destination screen. In my mind the colour should be below the drivers black windscreen surround, still obvious but less in your face, especially as most of the brand colours clash badly with the new liveries.
I'm just glad that at last we have 2 classy liveries and that over time the 'designed by a nursery class' red and white livery will become a thing of the past.  I take your point though about clashing brand colours. How does it go "red and green should never be seen"! Now about the 900 branding colours......

Squiz1971

Quote from: BU07 LGO on May 15, 2015, 07:56:35 PM
I do believe it is as it is the same on the PN/YW crimson MMC's as I was wondering the same thing when I first saw the 61xx series on the road. Its the only thing I can think it is mate :)

Squiz1971

The branding looks fantastic as it does not seem to be in your face it is subtle but classy too. I hope the 957 is just as good and the same for the Walsall platinums for the 934/5/6 and X51 if they are using platinums for the X51. I for 1 cannot wait to see them out in service to make a welcome change from the red & white liveried NX buses

JoNi

Blonde is the obvious branding colour for the 900.
Platinum blonde!

Oozells

Quote from: Mike K on May 16, 2015, 08:50:20 AM
It's a Birmingham based bus so why Coventry colours?
And more often than not aeroplanes take off in grey sky in this country.

Because it's an NXWM bus going to an NXC area where the buses are sky blue. What better colour to show off the destination and it'll be using a colour that can't be used on NXC buses.

And for a graphic showing a plane taking off it's best to use sky blue. Why green? Let's represent the grass by the side of the runway.

Stevo

Quote from: JoNi on May 16, 2015, 12:44:23 PM
Blonde is the obvious branding colour for the 900.
Platinum blonde!
Hey - now there's an idea! All we can see of her at the moment is her feet and her red shoes!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk