News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karl724223

Maybe there different type of single decker hint hint

Ben

I don't know what to think about the new vehicles since I havent travelled on them yet.

However, from the images I've noticed a few things.

Regarding the livery, I think the all over red looks smart, and I'm always in favour of route branding.

However, the style that has been used makes it appear cheap and tacky in my opinion, I think that's the real problem.
And also, NXWM seem to be branding every other route in green, sort of defeating the point.

As for the new vehicles, one thing stands out compared with the previous Enviro's; The frontmost upperdeck side window is no longer designed to be openable, although there's probably a reason for this change (Like cutting manufacturing costs)

Enviro's have much better upper deck ventilation than Tridents for example. And this seems like a small step backwards in the overall vehicle design.

I do like the vehicle styling though.

Mixed reviews from me based on the photos. When I'm back in the Midlands I might have an excursion out and see if the vehicles are actually better than I've probably made out here.

Gareth

Oh, so it looks like the rumours of AG getting 50 E200 MMC in the near future may well be true!

Liberator9

Well if that is 50 could mean some big moves on the cards

I expect the Scanias will move to WA to replace the B10s and allow the 56 reg B7s to go to Dundee in that case. Would allow the Scanias to based at WA/BY/YW/PB only, saving costs.

There's 34 Scanias at AG at the moment.
Currently 38 Eclipses at WA and 16 B10Ls (I think).

Essentially my thoughts are as follows in terms of buses required:

29 - 6
40/41 - 7
69  - 4

Then there's the 301 and 302 which need 8 and 5 buses approx. respectively. However I could see these being converted to double deck? The ex Dudley Road Geminis maybe or the ALX400s?

Then there are around 12 buses needed for the 34/38/39.

So that would mean

34/38/39 - 12
29      - 6
40/41 - 7
69      - 4

Total of 29.

34 AG Scanias would just be around enough - shouldn't need many spares with their reliability.

This all seems to work out fairly well - just a big question of if this is true and if the 301/302 goes double deck, which I could see.

Gareth

I did think when I saw this elsewhere last week that it seemed odd, but without naming who and where, it was a comment by a member of NX staff. And with what looks like 65 new single deckers with 15 already in the process of delivery, the other 50 add up numbers wise. We will have to wait and see!

richie

Quote from: Matt on March 17, 2015, 04:04:47 PM
Some weird sounds coming from 6103. Every time driver takes his foot off the gas a loud "poof-poof" noise comes from the back, bit like a steam engine actually.

They have an exhaust gas regeneration system which comes on at intervals throughout the day to meet the euro 6 standard and it is possibly this.

Alex

Quote from: The Real 4778 on March 17, 2015, 08:51:43 AM
Today's Metro features a full page ad for the 171 new buses.

Strangely it depicts all 171 in new liveries.
65 saloons in red
48 deckers in red and
58 deckers in pewter

So how come the saloons in the Marketing Department don't match the deliveries?

@The Real 4778 The 58 Pewter deckers are the Platinums
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

mranon

is it me or are these latest e200's painted in a duller shade of white?

The Real 4778

Quote from: Alex on March 17, 2015, 08:48:23 PM

65 saloons in red
48 deckers in red and
58 deckers in pewter

@The Real 4778 The 58 Pewter deckers are the Platinums

I guessed that. The repro on page 75 of the Metro looked more pewter to me.
Don't you start.

Stevo

So it looks as if delivery of E400 MMCs in red will be over in a few weeks when the last of YW's arrives. I was expecting this year's orders to consist mostly of these.

I might aswell add my ten pence worth, imO the livery looks far superior in the flesh as so to speak pictures just don't do it justice, as for the branding it does its job very effectively its shouting at you look at me and that's the whole point rightly or wrongly. The actual design of the livery is not a million miles away from the last metrobus twm livery, I,m sure I,ve seen some one mock one up on the enviro 400mmc, I wonder if a model could be made if enough interest, would be unique.

don

65 saloons in red
48 deckers in red and
58 deckers in pewter

Interesting - but as you say, curious the 15 saloons delivered so far are in two different liveries from that!!
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

don

Quote from: Gareth on March 17, 2015, 10:56:26 AM
Oh, so it looks like the rumours of AG getting 50 E200 MMC in the near future may well be true!

Interesting - but AG don't have 50 single deckers currently - I wonder whether the additional buses would replace double deckers (Presidents?) and on what route (s)?

uniquicity

Quote from: don on March 17, 2015, 11:38:30 PM

Interesting - but AG don't have 50 single deckers currently - I wonder whether the additional buses would replace double deckers (Presidents?) and on what route (s)?

49 is close enough :p

don

Quote from: uniquicity on March 17, 2015, 11:48:10 PM
Quote from: don on March 17, 2015, 11:38:30 PM

49 is close enough :p

Last time I looked they had 38 ;-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk