News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

don

Quote from: Tony on March 13, 2015, 08:31:49 PM
Quote from: don on March 13, 2015, 08:25:57 PM
Quote from: Tony on March 13, 2015, 07:54:47 PM

Not quite, two was to pull away (Go), three was don't bother picking

Could that be why they seem to pass through repaint and retrim so quickly compared with Trident/Alexander's - more robust and thus take less fixing?

Wright's Panels basically just click off and take a lot less time to replace damaged ones than those on Alexander/Alexander Dennis products

Thanks for the insight, Tony - It's really noticeable how much more quickly they go through the works.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

trident4370

I had my first ride on one today on 6109, yes the heaters were very loud but at the same time the bus wasn't too hot, it was nice and cosy but not overpowering.

wembley86

how come the eviro200 that have been delivered painted in the red and white livery not the new two tone red

Tara4352

wembley86

is there a version of the new livery for coventry

Stuharris 6360

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Liverpool Street

Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Stu

Went on one of the new E400s today. It was alright.  :D

However, I came back from Halesowen on 4806, that was pretty impressive, these can shift when they (or the driver!) wants to.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Liverpool Street

Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

the trainbasher

Quote from: Matt on March 15, 2015, 10:50:36 PM
A bit off topic, but I'm on 6111 and someone has dropped a load of mini eggs on the floor and they are rolling around everywhere making a racket. Every so often one rolls to the front where I'm sat and pops out under the door. Is it bad that I find this very entertaining?

its entertaining :-)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

t.w.moore

Which depot do the new buses go to on delivery from the coachbuilders, for having fare machines fitted and being branded before they are despatched to depots' like Coventry.

Tony

Depends. There's no fixed place. This year's have already been delivered to4 different garages

The Real 4778

Today's Metro features a full page ad for the 171 new buses.

Strangely it depicts all 171 in new liveries.
65 saloons in red
48 deckers in red and
58 deckers in pewter

So how come the saloons in the Marketing Department don't match the deliveries?
Don't you start.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk