News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oozells

Is this just NX's way of killing off the less profitable side routes by showing everyone that their exact same fare is being invested on the main road buses that are every 3-10 minutes compared to their every half an hour/hour route. Then those people will decide to walk that bit further to get a new bus whilst leaving the rest for the OAPs... until the funding gets cut and they too have to walk or just sit at home.

winston

Quote from: Oozells on March 11, 2015, 11:23:13 PM
Is this just NX's way of killing off the less profitable side routes by showing everyone that their exact same fare is being invested on the main road buses that are every 3-10 minutes compared to their every half an hour/hour route. Then those people will decide to walk that bit further to get a new bus whilst leaving the rest for the OAPs... until the funding gets cut and they too have to walk or just sit at home.

Oh you mean the less profitable side routes such as NXC's 2 & 3 & NXWM 243/244 which are having new E200's imminently.

More of case of phased implementation, the whole fleet cannot be repainted or replaced at the drop of a hat. 

Bryan

Quote from: Oozells on March 11, 2015, 11:23:13 PM

As long as a service is reliable and on time, I can't imagine many, if any passengers walking further to catch a new bus.

monkeyjoe

Saw 3 e200s 15 plates coming down the m6 stoke area about 0730 this morning on displaying 16e carrs lane. Just thought peeps might be interested. Standard livery

I really can't believe all this negativity about multiple fleet liverys for as long as I can remember West Midlands buses have always been a mix of old and new going back to the mid 80s,  any way I think firstly vehicle presentation is more important than what livery its painted, buses being swept out at west brom bus station is an excellent idea it really does help with first impressions,  when I take over the 128s in Oldbury you can tell straight away if it's been swept no crap any where, it looks decent, sometimes it's like a pig sty I,m thinking really we are charging people to sit in rubbish basically. Why doesn't dudley bus station do the same, it would make a massive improvement for dudley road buses there is ample layover time there. Let's get the basics right.

ImO main road corridor buses being in a different livery will help passengers  identify them quickly, I get it all the time on the 89 when I swing the bus round at the old park hotel  smethwick, drive eh this the 87 bro innit, you get me like.

Tony

Quote from: monkeyjoe on March 12, 2015, 08:51:56 AM
Saw 3 e200s 15 plates coming down the m6 stoke area about 0730 this morning on displaying 16e carrs lane. Just thought peeps might be interested. Standard livery

Should be Wolverhampton's 3. Two more E400MMCs have arrived / will ariive at Walsall today and be branded up today ready for service tomorrow

Stevo

If the new livery is identified as being introduced in conjunction with 'gold corridors' then it would have a point. But I remain sceptical.

mranon

Quote from: Tony on March 12, 2015, 10:21:33 AM

Should be Wolverhampton's 3. Two more E400MMCs have arrived / will ariive at Walsall today and be branded up today ready for service tomorrow

hope they better than the last e200s! they rattle terribly, and drivers seem to dislike them. what services will these be used on?

Trident 4194

Quote from: mranon on March 12, 2015, 04:37:41 PM

hope they better than the last e200s! they rattle terribly, and drivers seem to dislike them. what services will these be used on?

243/4 thank goodness, get rid of Mercs. I believe they are the same as the previous ones

domino.99

Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 12, 2015, 04:39:39 PM
Quote from: mranon on March 12, 2015, 04:37:41 PM

243/4 thank goodness, get rid of Mercs. I believe they are the same as the previous ones

WN to operate the 243/4 wow I never knew that  ::)

Russ Smith

Is there any timescale on the new MMCs getting adverts on the sides? Could NX not use this space to advertise the new buses until then?

CL

Quote from: monkeyjoe on March 12, 2015, 08:51:56 AM

Should be Wolverhampton's 3. Two more E400MMCs have arrived / will arrive at Walsall today and be branded up today ready for service tomorrow

Should increase my chances of catching one tomorrow then. 9 in service, for the 9. Presumably 6108, and 6109?
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Gareth

Quote from: Russ Smith on March 12, 2015, 05:23:29 PM
Is there any timescale on the new MMCs getting adverts on the sides? Could NX not use this space to advertise the new buses until then?

Surely a new bus in a new livery with new branding is more than enough of an advert for the new buses?

Gareth

I had my first ride on one today 6102. Externally they are really impressive. I sat upstairs. Smooth ride, no rattles. I did seem internally not much different from older E400s, but the refreshed design of seats, extra leg room wee welcome additions. The new staircase was not as steep as I imagined it to be. A shame the bus was strewn with litter and cans rolling around the floors, but unfortunately that's part of modern public transport use. I also noticed that 6103 has it's Barcleycard spelling mistake corrected.
The temperature seemed perfect, but the fans were slightly on the noisy side. But apart from that I was was very impressed.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk