News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Quote from: wembley86 on March 10, 2015, 06:13:08 AM
I Hope 6123-6148 as they are going to Yardley wood will be in the two tone silver/grey livery and branded for the route 50

Nothing was said about the 50 going platinum so they'll be same new livery as the 9
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

FireballXL5

So here is something for you all to think about.
173 new vehicles this year, 15 E200's that leaves 158 E400MMC's. The last 58 are Platinum so that leaves 100. 22 to PN & 26 to YW. 26 E400's from YW to WB. WB have 13 Merc's & 13 Presidents. 52 new vehicles left, AG have 51 presidents. WN's Spectra's would be replaced when the Platinum vehicles arrive with re allocation of other vehicles.

Trident 4609

Quote from: FireballXL5 on March 10, 2015, 11:39:03 AM
173 new vehicles this year, 15 E200's that leaves 158 E400MMC's. The last 58 are Platinum so that leaves 100. 22 to PN & 26 to YW. 26 E400's from YW to WB. WB have 13 Merc's & 13 Presidents. 52 new vehicles left, AG have 51 presidents. WN's Spectra's would be replaced when the Platinum vehicles arrive with re allocation of other vehicles.

There are 171 buses coming not 173. I believe cascaded Tridents are replacing Spectra'sa

winston

Quote from: FireballXL5 on March 10, 2015, 11:39:03 AM

You are also assuming that the remaining non confirmed new buses from the 171 on order will be double deckers....

karl724223

What about the new full length enviro 200 single decker

Liberator9

Exactly - I'd still think we need some of the new full length Enviro 200 MMCs to replace some of the Mercs; would like to see some in action as they have a new improved suspension and the same cab as the new E400 MMC.

Tony

Whenever National Express try to do anything good, some persistant NX haters always seem to refer to 4 companies that they think are wonderful and NX should aspire to equal. One of those companies is Brighton & Hove.

Seems Brighton & Hove is not as loved in Brighton as it is in the West Midlands judging by the comments on here
http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/11840378.Brighton_and_Hove_Bus_Company_battles_bargain_ticket_sellers_on_Facebook/?ref=rss

Stu

Quote from: Tony on March 10, 2015, 07:41:45 PM
Whenever National Express try to do anything good, some persistant NX haters always seem to refer to 4 companies that they think are wonderful and NX should aspire to equal. One of those companies is Brighton & Hove.

Seems Brighton & Hove is not as loved in Brighton as it is in the West Midlands judging by the comments on here
http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/11840378.Brighton_and_Hove_Bus_Company_battles_bargain_ticket_sellers_on_Facebook/?ref=rss

Its funny that most of the comments there are almost exactly the same that get churned out whenever Birmingham Mail publish a bus related story on Facebook!

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on March 10, 2015, 07:49:06 PM

Its funny that most of the comments there are almost exactly the same that get churned out whenever Birmingham Mail publish a bus related story on Facebook!

That's my point! However good a company is some people will never recognise anything good it does

Liberator9

Yeah exactly - I've used NX 5 days a week over the last 7 years in Solihull/South Birmingham, and have never had a serious problem.

Had a few diversions (not NX fault of course) and only 4 breakdowns over the last 15 months and that's it. Drivers have always been very good; many very polite and skilful. The majority of buses are in good condition; only moan would be that it'd be nice to have some consistent paint shades for small repairs. I'd say things have improved certainly since 2012; although their decision to buy the Scanias for the 6/37 in 2010 was a good decision.

They are certainly better than other operators in the UK - First for example has a pretty old fleet in comparison - looking through one of their regional areas (York) where I may be going later this year, and barely anything in the fleet is newer than 2008 - there's a small batch of Optares from 2014, but other than that not much. Norfolk is also fairly old in comparison, with Olympians still going around there.

In comparison NX have consistently invested in the fleet; the latest orders are proof of that. They are obviously trying to give the best passenger experience possible through new buses and refurbished ones.

winston

Quote from: Roy on March 08, 2015, 07:11:49 PM
Quote from: Rhys S on March 08, 2015, 06:37:22 PM
Agreed Why anyroute has branding is beyond me

Brighton and Hove branded their service 2 a couple of years ago and have said that passenger numbers have increased significantly since then and that improvements will be made to the service in April.  Mind you, the branding on B&H 2 looks far better than that on NXWM 9.

I wonder how Brighton & Hove will be intending to brand these new beasts in 'luminous green' livery.....

http://circleoflondon.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/the-marmite-gemini-3.html?

lauren1993

Quote from: Winston on March 10, 2015, 11:21:42 PM
Quote from: Roy on March 08, 2015, 07:11:49 PM
Quote from: Rhys S on March 08, 2015, 06:37:22 PM
Agreed Why anyroute has branding is beyond me

Brighton and Hove branded their service 2 a couple of years ago and have said that passenger numbers have increased significantly since then and that improvements will be made to the service in April.  Mind you, the branding on B&H 2 looks far better than that on NXWM 9.

I wonder how Brighton & Hove will be intending to brand these new beasts in 'luminous green' livery.....

http://circleoflondon.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/the-marmite-gemini-3.html?
I think I prefer those to the enviro 400 mmc! Although both are nice.
Favourite buses currently:
871, 1828, 4421, 4764, 6101, 6108, 6116, 6118, 6121, 6848, 6849
Least favourite buses currently:
4203, 4213, 4398, 4419

Bryan

I'm confused. What does the article have in it that relates to the 'New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion' ?

Also, I'm not sure quite what Brighton & Hove could be criticized for.

Other Walsall Tony

Now buses on the 9 are being painted red, perhaps the route should be renumbered back to 130? :-)
Tony

Tara4352

Quote from: Other Walsall Tony on March 11, 2015, 08:02:00 AM
Now buses on the 9 are being painted red, perhaps the route should be renumbered back to 130? :-)
Not necessary

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk