News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karl724223

Quote from: Liverpool Street on March 08, 2015, 07:06:19 PM
Quote from: karl724223 on March 08, 2015, 06:31:30 PM
New livery looks good time will tell what the weather and bus wash does to the fading of the paint
As for route branding at pensnett I think it's a total waste of time for the size of the garage@Liverpool Street

Maybe when the 9 goes to BC it wouldn't be a problem *wink wink nudge nudge* @karl724223 haha
99 might be coming to pensnett @Liverpool Street

don

Quote from: clayderman on March 08, 2015, 06:06:10 PM
LS and I seem to share a similar opinion about the green 'halo' (as some call it) around the destination 'box'. Let me reiterate. It just looks out of place. I'm all for branding and route promotion, but only if it's sensible, and 'professional' - that sticker just takes the mick...  ::)

Messrs L Street and R Clayderman - the halo is pure art ...... compare with NX West Midlands' branding artist's first green destination box attempt - leaving a slit for destination - they've improved so much. I like the new livery and branding personally.

Presumably Pensnett has had a new bus wash to keep these new buses spruce and to stop the impression that the red on Pensnett's buses has been washed regularly with Daz or Fairy Liquid thus bleaching the colour.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Quote from: Roy on March 08, 2015, 07:11:49 PM
Quote from: Rhys S on March 08, 2015, 06:37:22 PM
Agreed Why anyroute has branding is beyond me

The bus companies brand their buses because they say it increases passenger numbers and thus increases their profits.  They are not going to spend money employing a company like Best Impressions to brand their buses unless it brings in more income than their expenditure.

Brighton and Hove branded their service 2 a couple of years ago and have said that passenger numbers have increased significantly since then and that improvements will be made to the service in April.  Mind you, the branding on B&H 2 looks far better than that on NXWM 9.
Nah NXWM 9 is better..

CL

Quote from: don on March 08, 2015, 07:42:54 PM
Quote from: clayderman on March 08, 2015, 06:06:10 PM
LS and I seem to share a similar opinion about the green 'halo' (as some call it) around the destination 'box'. Let me reiterate. It just looks out of place. I'm all for branding and route promotion, but only if it's sensible, and 'professional' - that sticker just takes the mick...  ::)

Messrs L Street and R Clayderman - the halo is pure art ...... compare with NX West Midlands' branding artist's first green destination box attempt - leaving a slit for destination - they've improved so much. I like the new livery and branding personally.

Presumably Pensnett has had a new bus wash to keep these new buses spruce and to stop the impression that the red on Pensnett's buses has been washed regularly with Daz or Fairy Liquid thus bleaching the colour.

I mean, yeah, overall as a branding, it's fine. It's just that halo, and the colour scheme that irks me. And as for the rear branding, @979 has posted, I have to give it to NX, having something promoting tickets, as well as the route. Would this be the end to ticket branding? I hope so.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Stevo

I remember talking to the then Walsall manager in 1996 and he was both surprised and pleased that the 529 branding on the B10Bs had increased ridership. He'd heard people say they were 'riding the stripe' as the branding was a yellow diagonal. So branding's been effective for WMT for almost 20 years.

monkeyjoe

The 9 is far superior to the Brighton effort, hopefully time will tell if the numbers increase. Mind you with the road works don't if that would happy very quickly etc.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: 979 on March 08, 2015, 08:02:46 PM
Quote from: Roy on March 08, 2015, 07:11:49 PM
Quote from: Rhys S on March 08, 2015, 06:37:22 PM
Agreed Why anyroute has branding is beyond me

The bus companies brand their buses because they say it increases passenger numbers and thus increases their profits.  They are not going to spend money employing a company like Best Impressions to brand their buses unless it brings in more income than their expenditure.

Brighton and Hove branded their service 2 a couple of years ago and have said that passenger numbers have increased significantly since then and that improvements will be made to the service in April.  Mind you, the branding on B&H 2 looks far better than that on NXWM 9.
Nah NXWM 9 is better..

That rear needs a bigger NXWM logo.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

monkeyjoe

Have you seen the NXWM website banner advertising the new buses. I like it, doing properly now.

wembley86

can't wait to see howthe livery will be on the new E200 buses when they arrive.

Liberator9

I have a feeling I saw somewhere that these Enviro 200s will be delivered in the NX red and white, to allow them to mix in with the current E200 fleets, with no differences.

Trident 4609

Quote from: Liberator9 on March 09, 2015, 06:26:16 AM
I have a feeling I saw somewhere that these Enviro 200s will be delivered in the NX red and white, to allow them to mix in with the current E200 fleets, with no differences.

861-875 will be same spec as 840-860 (And 801-829 for that matter).

Tara4352

Quote from: Nathan on March 09, 2015, 08:13:33 AM
Quote from: Liberator9 on March 09, 2015, 06:26:16 AM

861-875 will be same spec as 840-860 (And 801-829 for that matter).
According to what @Tony said on Facebook

Roy

The NXWM website suggests that the MMC's not on the 9 will be used on the 140/141/241 group.
http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/new-buses-on-the-9

RW

NX not up for subtlety then. That rear branding. Oh dear. Could have been a bit more sympathetic to the new livery. Vinyl vandals had a field day putting that on!!

Stuharris 6360

6101 was parked outside Stourbridge Bus Station at around 11:15 and i have to say that the rear branding is much better in real life than in the picture!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk