News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real 4778

Quote from: Mike K on March 08, 2015, 10:40:35 AM
Quote from: Kevin on March 08, 2015, 10:30:09 AM
Quote from: karl724223 on March 08, 2015, 10:10:29 AM
Only five pages of drivel

That was since I last checked the forum  ;)

Let's face it a brand new vehicle type, a brand new livery and a new style of route branding are bound to provoke comment and debate.

The drivel in this thread comes from a running commentary of how many Tridents are on the 9 each day, a daily essay on the goings on on the 243/244, plus 100 or so pages on a bunch of 14 year old Tridents being transferred from BC.

Eloquently put, sir.
Don't you start.

Sh4318

A new batch of buses are about to be unveiled, of course there's gonna be more pages of speculation and excitement

Quote from: The Real 4778 on March 08, 2015, 10:14:05 AM
Quote from: Kevin on March 08, 2015, 10:06:33 AM
Quote from: Ashley 60171 on March 07, 2015, 11:44:40 PM
By this time next week we'll be at page 1000

I'll bet on there being a right spotter line up at Stourbridge.......kids

And it won't be kids filling up the thread either. It'll be older people moaning about the branding... Seriously we get the idea you don't like it when they brand buses but for the love of God I've just gone through 5 pages of drivel... Just accept it NX are going to brand their buses and let's get back onto the subject of the garage itself and it's happenings

Yes those ruddy older people and their drivel.

What's on the 289 today?

B7RLE maybe?
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Liberator9

Think it would be quite a disaster if Sir Brian got control - I don't see Stagecoach following such an intense undertaking of investment this year and some effort in improving their fairly dated livery now. Look at Norfolk Green since it's gone under Stagecoach control - having knackered darts sent on loan from time to time. If Stagecoach every got west midlands control it would mean the end of distinctive liveries with nationwide, bland corporate colours arriving. Not to mention it may become a knackered Dart or Olympian dumping ground which Stagecoach like to do.

arrifirststage

Quote from: The Real 4778 on March 08, 2015, 10:42:20 AM
Quote from: Mike K on March 08, 2015, 10:40:35 AM
Quote from: Kevin on March 08, 2015, 10:30:09 AM
Quote from: karl724223 on March 08, 2015, 10:10:29 AM
Only five pages of drivel

That was since I last checked the forum  ;)

Let's face it a brand new vehicle type, a brand new livery and a new style of route branding are bound to provoke comment and debate.

The drivel in this thread comes from a running commentary of how many Tridents are on the 9 each day, a daily essay on the goings on on the 243/244, plus 100 or so pages on a bunch of 14 year old Tridents being transferred from BC.

Eloquently put, sir.
Unfortunately,too much of most threads is cluttered with the minutiae of NXWM  daily observations......it is good to see a wider view of bus operations being discussed,even if many views differ from my own.
Surely this is the point of a forum.

don

Well I like the new colours and that luminous green branding is excellent as well. The halo round the destination blind reflects the body shape below. They'll be easy to pick out with the green branding for passengers.

I thought the new colours would be more rhubarb, strawberry and custard than they are - the Reds look very similar!!

Now I'm one of the old folk who remember the days when doctors were called to smethwick high St only to find the wheezing and screaming sounds were Volvo ailsas on the 87 and not a mass outbreak of some illness amongst the population!!!!!

I also like the standard NX livery - there's nothing like a newly painted and trimmed Gemini, E400 or even Trident - lovely and crisp looking.

As for Sir Brian (Robertson?? I saw that Warship class loco!!) well I'm sure it has irked him for 20 yrs plus he has never got his hands on WM buses - however they run a good bus company to be fair. However when my daughter was at uni in Manchester the students boycotted Sir BS's buses en masse owing to his rather focussed and regional public religious utterings!! I can't imagine that going down well in Perry barr, acocks green etc etc!!!
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

The Real 4778

Quote from: Liberator9 on March 08, 2015, 11:15:55 AM
If Stagecoach every got west midlands control it would mean the end of distinctive liveries with nationwide, bland corporate colours arriving.

The irony....
Don't you start.

Roy

I've just noticed Tony's fleet list on this site, which shows that 6101-6115 are to be 9 branded and gives the names of these 15 buses.
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/fleetlist/5001-9959.html

don

I rather like the new livery and branding. However the Reds look less different from one another in some of the photos. More raspberry, strawberry and custard than rhubarb, strawberry and custard!!!

Does anyone know how the new buses will be phased in? A launch and then all 22 at once or trickle I to service as normal??
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

andrew1991

Quote from: don on March 08, 2015, 11:50:47 AM
I rather like the new livery and branding. However the Reds look less different from one another in some of the photos. More raspberry, strawberry and custard than rhubarb, strawberry and custard!!!

Does anyone know how the new buses will be phased in? A launch and then all 22 at once or trickle I to service as normal??

Phased in from tomorrow morning

Ashley 60171

Quote from: The Real 4778 on March 08, 2015, 11:36:02 AM
Quote from: Liberator9 on March 08, 2015, 11:15:55 AM
If Stagecoach every got west midlands control it would mean the end of distinctive liveries with nationwide, bland corporate colours arriving.

The irony....

Stagecoach's livery might be bland if you live in one of their operating areas or have visited a few but even a decade on still looks good and does last well. In the same way I prefer Firsts Olympia livery to barbie and Arrivas aquamarine to the 1997 original. As for NXWM, as nicer as it was, you cant really keep TWM livery if you are no longer TWM, but we need something new, no matter how deep a red you use it will fade and white never stays white. The new one will look nicer in the flesh. I think there is far far far far far too much excitement over new vehicles. Older does mean better despite the obvious disclaimers, I'm only still slowly chipping away at all this plastic crap to win a bet, somebody find me my last 21 B7TL's from NX and 18 Tridents, id of still had a better day than those who end up thinking there's no spotter appeal to the next generation. Waffle over

Other Walsall Tony

Quote from: Roy on March 08, 2015, 11:47:58 AM
I've just noticed Tony's fleet list on this site, which shows that 6101-6115 are to be 9 branded and gives the names of these 15 buses.
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/fleetlist/5001-9959.html

I still think 'Alexandra Denise' would be a good name for an E400! :-)
Tony

Sh4318

Quote from: Russ Smith on March 07, 2015, 10:36:45 PM
Sorry to say that I'm really disappointed in the branding on this, what a waste. NX's chance to completely reinvent its image and it looks like something straight out of 2003. Also 'every 7 minutes along the Hagley road' - bit stupid, it's certainly more frequent than that! (Well, if you include the other services, as previous 'every...along...' branding has)

There are a high number of buses along the Hagley Road, but there is no combined frequency at all. The 9 is the most frequent of them all
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Ronnoc

Quote from: Sh4318 on March 08, 2015, 01:14:10 PM
Quote from: Russ Smith on March 07, 2015, 10:36:45 PM
Sorry to say that I'm really disappointed in the branding on this, what a waste. NX's chance to completely reinvent its image and it looks like something straight out of 2003. Also 'every 7 minutes along the Hagley road' - bit stupid, it's certainly more frequent than that! (Well, if you include the other services, as previous 'every...along...' branding has)

There are a high number of buses along the Hagley Road, but there is no combined frequency at all. The 9 is the most frequent of them all
I thought this is the 126.

Westy

Is this similar to what we're getting in Walsall for the X51 eventually?

domino.99

Are the new e200's for the 243/4 going to be branded?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk