News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Westy on March 08, 2015, 02:35:00 PM
Is this similar to what we're getting in Walsall for the X51 eventually?

The only similarity is the bodyshell & mechanics

CL

Quote from: Tony on March 08, 2015, 02:36:09 PM
Quote from: Westy on March 08, 2015, 02:35:00 PM
Is this similar to what we're getting in Walsall for the X51 eventually?

The only similarity is the bodyshell & mechanics

Platinum?

- Livery/Logo Variation
- Leather Passenger Seats (?)
- On board WiFi (?)

Have I covered them all? - WiFi (if any) will be a great addition, I'll give you that.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

wembley86

Will the green buses 5401-5421 & 5501-5518 be getting a updated livery like 6101 in two tone green

the trainbasher

@wembley86 I believe it's new deliveries only to get the new livery

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Liverpool Street

6 pages later....

Yeah I actually like the look of these MMC's in their smart new standard livery. Although I wish there were more contrast betwixt each band of colour.

However... The branding... Urrrrm... Leaves a lot to be desired to be honest. I wish it looked more professional. And what's with the floating green band around the front destination? It should at least touch the edge of the destination box.  Pointless stickers to be honest.

Alas I believe we're taking things out of perspective. Joe Bloggs and Jane Doe won't be analysing these things. They'll just see the 'red and green bus' and know its for the number 9. (Although knowing the public it'll be endless "is this the English number 9? Do I have to pay to use my WM pass, drive? @karl724223)
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Stevo

I agree - there doesn't seem to be much contrast between the reds. But on the whole the new look is a lot better. Now it's just the 15 year wait for the rest of the fleet to be in this livery.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Stevo on March 08, 2015, 05:44:40 PM
I agree - there doesn't seem to be much contrast between the reds. But on the whole the new look is a lot better. Now it's just the 15 year wait for the rest of the fleet to be in this livery.

Hahaha, yeah lol.

Oh I just realised, the fleet is a mess again. The MMC livery, the new NX, different branding styles, the stripy nx, the different style typeface logos, jeez.
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

CL

Whilst on the subject of newer buses, and liveries - I've gone back to my paperbus antics...
Check it out... There's also a branded version, also...  ;)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/122377951@N02/16565091508/in/photostream/

My next attempt will be the two-tone red livery, next... But back on topic, it seems me and LS have a similar opinion about the green 'halo' (as some call it) around the destination 'box'. Let me reiterate. It just looks out of place. I'm all for branding and route promotion, but only if it's sensible, and 'professional' - that sticker just takes the mick...  ::)

Liverpool Street

Quote from: clayderman on March 08, 2015, 06:06:10 PM
Whilst on the subject of newer buses, and liveries - I've gone back to my paperbus antics...
Check it out... There's also a branded version, also...  ;)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/122377951@N02/16565091508/in/photostream/

My next attempt will be the two-tone red livery, next... But back on topic, it seems me and LS have a similar opinion about the green 'halo' (as some call it) around the destination 'box'. Let me reiterate. It just looks out of place. I'm all for branding and route promotion, but only if it's sensible, and 'professional' - that sticker just takes the mick...  ::)

Excellent! A proper livery! Good old TWM! Proper job. Great work.

And yeah, you understand what I'm saying it doesn't look finish.
until it cought fire

karl724223

New livery looks good time will tell what the weather and bus wash does to the fading of the paint
As for route branding at pensnett I think it's a total waste of time for the size of the garage@Liverpool Street

Tara4352

domino.99

Quote from: Rhys S on March 08, 2015, 06:37:22 PM
Agreed Why anyroute has branding is beyond me

Why you copy other peoples photos is beyond me.

CL

Agreed Why any route has branding is beyond me

It's purely innocent advertising. The operators want to catch your eye, get them to notice their routes. With the 9, it certainly has - though the green still doesn't look to good with red to me. Should've been black, at least it would've looked 'elegant'. Something which the new livery was heading towards. ::)

Liverpool Street

Quote from: karl724223 on March 08, 2015, 06:31:30 PM
New livery looks good time will tell what the weather and bus wash does to the fading of the paint
As for route branding at pensnett I think it's a total waste of time for the size of the garage@Liverpool Street

Maybe when the 9 goes to BC it wouldn't be a problem *wink wink nudge nudge* @karl724223 haha
until it cought fire

Roy

Agreed Why anyroute has branding is beyond me

The bus companies brand their buses because they say it increases passenger numbers and thus increases their profits.  They are not going to spend money employing a company like Best Impressions to brand their buses unless it brings in more income than their expenditure.

Brighton and Hove branded their service 2 a couple of years ago and have said that passenger numbers have increased significantly since then and that improvements will be made to the service in April.  Mind you, the branding on B&H 2 looks far better than that on NXWM 9.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk