News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Coventry's 43** numbered Dennis Tridents !

Started by Coventry Transport Dude, July 26, 2019, 06:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coventry Transport Dude

JoNi

4396 5 1009 TS
4379 6 0902 TF
4381 9A 0947 LA (it had 9 on the back!)
4376 10 1012 EG

Dylanbusboy45

Dylanbusboy45

Sorry to dishearten you @Coventry Transport Dude but 4358 didn't seem in the best condition today. Most of the dozen ish Tridents I rode today seemed pretty good mechanically, but 4358 had a bit of a clunky gearbox. I've rode worst (a Stagecoach one that every gear change forced it to jolt forward a metre or so!) but it was in the worst condition compared to the others sadly. NX dot seats made the interior failed decent for a bus of its age though, and external livery pretty smart too. No sign of 4362 and it hasn't showed up on bustimes for a while

Coventry Transport Dude

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on August 08, 2019, 06:51:26 PM
Sorry to dishearten you @Coventry Transport Dude but 4358 didn't seem in the best condition today. Most of the dozen ish Tridents I rode today seemed pretty good mechanically, but 4358 had a bit of a clunky gearbox. I've rode worst (a Stagecoach one that every gear change forced it to jolt forward a metre or so!) but it was in the worst condition compared to the others sadly. NX dot seats made the interior failed decent for a bus of its age though, and external livery pretty smart too. No sign of 4362 and it hasn't showed up on bustimes for a while

I promise you Dylan that your news about 4358 hasn't disheartened me (lol), as i enjoy reading about and hearing peoples opinions on any of the West Midlands buses really, but as for 4358, i guess its clunky gearbox makes it kind of distinctive and gives the bus a bit of character ?  It's nice sometimes when a certain vehicle sounds (or performs !) differently to the rest of the batch, as that particular vehicle then becomes something that you'll hopefully never forget, even in years to come ?  Sadly for 4358, it probably won't have many days left on the road now, so you probably caught it just in time ??? (Hope you still get time to see and ride on 4362 before it comes off the road ?).

I'm pleased to hear that You and my good friend JoNi from the block, have between you both, seen eight 43**'s out in service today ! (Good news that is !).

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: Coventry Transport Dude on August 08, 2019, 10:50:55 PM
I promise you Dylan that your news about 4358 hasn't disheartened me (lol), as i enjoy reading about and hearing peoples opinions on any of the West Midlands buses really, but as for 4358, i guess its clunky gearbox makes it kind of distinctive and gives the bus a bit of character ?  It's nice sometimes when a certain vehicle sounds (or performs !) differently to the rest of the batch, as that particular vehicle then becomes something that you'll hopefully never forget, even in years to come ?  Sadly for 4358, it probably won't have many days left on the road now, so you probably caught it just in time ??? (Hope you still get time to see and ride on 4362 before it comes off the road ?).

I'm pleased to hear that You and my good friend JoNi from the block, have between you both, seen eight 43**'s out in service today ! (Good news that is !).

Oh that's good then, it does make it more distinctive I guess yes, though I can't personally compare it to any other 435x, I had one not long ago but can't remember what it was like! That's exactly what I thought with regards to its time left, I haven't got 4362 at Coventry but did find it at Birmingham Central where it didn't stay long at all!

Indeed a good amount of the older 43s were out yesterday, I may come back in a few weeks but I'm sure there won't be too many left then

Sandy Lane

4399  - 13 today. Sounds like a tank.
Seems to be using air when doing lots of braking as the warning alarm came on.

Coventry Transport Dude

Quote from: Sandy Lane on August 09, 2019, 02:09:11 PM
4399  - 13 today. Sounds like a tank.
Seems to be using air when doing lots of braking as the warning alarm came on.

I know exactly what you mean there regarding 4399's sound, as i caught it up to Ball Hill a month or two ago and although i was sitting upstairs at the back, i could still clearly hear how differently it sounded, compared to all the other Dennis Tridents in the Coventry fleet ?

Coventry Transport Dude

4370 - 4
4381 - 5
4396 - 4
(All three seen and photographed at the Arena Tesco Bus Park !).

I photographed 4381 when it came into the Bus Park off the Foleshill Road just before 4pm and more pics were taken off it loading up at its stop there, but i'm sorry to say that this Bus was going nowhere afterwards, as it had an air leek and sadly couldn't continue on in service for its 4pm departure !  The few passengers that it had on it all stayed on board until the next No.5 (4832) arrived 30 minutes later !  With the Bus now going nowhere, this gave me plenty of time to get more photo's of it from all different angles etc, but also time to have a chat with the Driver of it as well.  I felt sorry for him really when the Bus developed this air leek problem, as he seemed all set to get going, but then after calling the Garage sweetheart (Sue Duffy) to report the problem, all he could do then was just hang around and wait for a replacement Bus to arrive ?  He was great to talk to though, as he was telling me about the Bus itself and what it was like to drive, of which he said it was a bit heavy on the steering.  I don't know what his replacement Bus was (as i had to eventually leave before it arrived !) and i hope it wasn't too long in arriving after i'd gone, but my other obvious concern as well was for 4381 itself, as had i just witnessed it coming out of service for the last time ? (All depends now on whether the guys down at Wheatley Street think it's worth fixing ???).

If anyone happens to see 4381 out in service after today, then please post a mention of it on here, as i'd be interested to know its immediate fate now ??? (Really hope somebody spots it out in Town tomorrow and beyond, as that would be great !!!!!).

JoNi

Sandy Lane

Sandy Lane

Had a ride on 4399 on the 23 hospital route
Leaving Asda the route goes on Skipworth Rd. By heck I have never seen so many hard speed bumps so closee together on one road before. The bus and pasengers take a hammering even at slow speed. Poor old 4399.

Also no bus stops on Skipworth which is puzzling.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Sandy Lane on January 14, 2020, 09:39:54 PM
Had a ride on 4399 on the 23 hospital route
Leaving Asda the route goes on Skipworth Rd. By heck I have never seen so many hard speed bumps so closee together on one road before. The bus and pasengers take a hammering even at slow speed. Poor old 4399.

Also no bus stops on Skipworth which is puzzling.

Skipworth Rd is a Hail and Ride section of route, so there's no need for any stops. This is like the currecnt 17A route in Stourbridge. The 17A operate a hail and ride route  along Junction Rd, Sweerbrier Drive andarine Crescent and also along another part of the route. Which I can't rember.

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 15, 2020, 10:14:03 AM
Skipworth Rd is a Hail and Ride section of route, so there's no need for any stops. This is like the currecnt 17A route in Stourbridge. The 17A operate a hail and ride route  along Junction Rd, Sweerbrier Drive andarine Crescent and also along another part of the route. Which I can't rember.
Thanks, does make sense. Wonder if it puts people off using the bus?

JoNi

Quote from: Sandy Lane on January 15, 2020, 09:11:51 PM
Thanks, does make sense. Wonder if it puts people off using the bus?
In case of 23 its more likely to be the poor service. The Allesley Park residents newsletter also commented on the shabby old buses used on the route. Bluecoats school children were walking back to town after school as there was insufficient capacity......

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk