News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

The Green Bus

Started by MW, May 29, 2012, 09:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midlandred2003

Abellio RA51KKG (8457) was seen in dudley this morning on the 558.

Wumpty

The Green Bus really have let standards slip of late. They are operating buses in old deliveries with just a sticker over the existing white or red liveries or just front and back repaints and a scrappy skirt repaint - no better than Travel Express and the likes.

if NXWM can operate over 1500 buses and STILL turn them out to a relatively high standard, why can't GB?

Looks like another A2Z or Pete's Travel trying to expand too quickly.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

PM

Quote from: Wumpty on September 30, 2012, 06:59:01 PM
The Green Bus really have let standards slip of late. They are operating buses in old deliveries with just a sticker over the existing white or red liveries or just front and back repaints and a scrappy skirt repaint - no better than Travel Express and the likes.

if NXWM can operate over 1500 buses and STILL turn them out to a relatively high standard, why can't GB?

Agreed-they need to paint these newly acquired buses as they look sh*t especially on the 50 where all the other companies' buses are relatively smart. Maximum number of ppl seen on their deckers was about 4 tho they had a little alx200 which had about 20 on at one point.

Ash

Did Pete's Travel expand too quickly? It was around for a decent amount of time before being sold off and becoming People's Express.

Wumpty

Quote from: Peter123 on September 30, 2012, 07:05:39 PM

Agreed-they need to paint these newly acquired buses as they look sh*t especially on the 50 where all the other companies' buses are relatively smart. Maximum number of ppl seen on their deckers was about 4 tho they had a little alx200 which had about 20 on at one point.

I'd be more concerned about school services where they concentrate their business. They have targeted quite specific schools to start and it looks like they've got a foot in the door and now feels as though they don't need to make the effort.

danny

Id like to think that greenbus have a repatable excuse for not painting the new stock, but i have seen 3 single deckers over the last few days and the standard has slipped dramatically, but i have not seen a rubbish double deck ever, cant help thinking the singles may be a tempory fixture as most of their school contracts demand double deckers, and on the bristol rd/wolverhampton road and 50 ibecause from an outsider looking in they seem like profitable routes to have a crack at oporating, this is strictly an opinion i have never seen a green bus on public routes bursting with passangers,
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

Tony

It is all part of a deal with Abellio where Green Bus have won some school contracts in Surrey, and Abellio are going to operate them using Green Bus owned vehicles. Green Bus have acquired a large batch of buses from Abellio and are needing to use some of these that are not staying while those that are staying are got up to standard. You only have to look at the quality of the first one fully done, Trident 114, to realise that they do intend keeping to their normal standards

Justin Tyme

The morning journey on school service CH3 has been operated by a Central Buses Volvo Olympian whenever I've seen it this term - always very smart and with the correct destination display, as one would expect with this operator.

Does anyone know if this is  sub-contract, a vehicle loan or something else?

D10

Saw one of the Darts on the 50A in the week with full Abellio legal lettering on it, not what you would expect of Green Bus, as it is possibly illegal?

fleetline6477

I read with interest comments about whether standards are slipping as some vehicles are being run in previous operators livery. Livery is one aspect of what makes a good bus company. Despite needing to operate some vehicles in previous liveries other important aspects have been maintained on the vehicles I have seen.

1. Polite and couteous driver in smart uniform.
2. Company name displyed front and side and sometimes around the destination box.
3. Destination information displayed in electronic form or on a destination board (single deckers on 558)
4. Buses usually have timetables on board - which other operator does this?
5. Fantastic value fares.
6. Well maintained vehicles very clean inside and out.

To liken them to Travel Express is extremely unfair. How succesful any additional operator can be on the 50 with NX and Diamond I'm not sure. Whether they are expanding too quickly only time will tell.

Badger

Green Bus have in the past been very fast with implementing very well formed and detailed liveries on their buses. I'm sure there's some reason, such as the fact these are models they didn't previously operate and are just waiting for the liveries to be cut etc. I don't think, at this point, they can be called a Travel Express; maybe in a few months if their fleet is a mishmash of styles then they're getting there, but even then there's more to Travel Express's problems than just it's liveries.

As can be seen here the livery change is in progress:

http://wmbusphotos.com/greenbus/502.html

Quoteif NXWM can operate over 1500 buses and STILL turn them out to a relatively high standard, why can't GB?

NXWM are hardly reputable for their livery! They're all over the place!
My local's the 3 and 63.
Casual bus user. Doesn't know much other than some buses look nicer than others.
Contractual web developer, self employed game designer/programmer, Wolverhampton bjorn and bread.

andy

You're posting in the wrong thread....try the 'Avin a Laugh' thread in General.

Wumpty

Quote from: andy on September 30, 2012, 11:06:03 PM

You're posting in the wrong thread....try the 'Avin a Laugh' thread in General.

Touche Andy! Greenbus have a fraction of the fleet and proportionately higher maintenance capacity.

As for the standards of uniform and friendly drivers, in the main, they are, however the regular driver on WG1 always has an earpiece welded to his head which I thought wasn't permitted, not to mention the mish mash of uniform that is worn. Giving a new driver a tie and justifying it ad a uniform is way off the mark.

My overall observations are mounting up and Greenbus are taking their eye off the ball.

winston

Quote from: Trident 4609 on September 30, 2012, 08:50:17 PM
What vehciles will be used on the 125 service starting up. I presume they will use tridents or as i see with most routes any vehcile that is avaliable

On VOSA today Greenbus have withdrawn their 125 from 25th Nov

sonic84

Does anyone know what the loadings are like on the 50A?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk