News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

The Green Bus

Started by MW, May 29, 2012, 09:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

Anyone know (out of interest) what's booked to be on the 38/PM 886 this week?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Dylanbusboy45

312 was on the 38 in place of the usual Trident   ;D

Dylanbusboy45

For anyone interested, I believe NXWMs former 4023 is being used for spares for Green Bus' examples (I asked a driver today). A shame it has lead such a fate, being such an early built B7TL, but they can't all be saved and at least it's parts are living on.

CL

The Green Bus are holding an open day at their depot on 31st August.. More information will be disclosed closer to the date; 1st July, I believe. So far, all they've said is that their National will be operational for rides throughout the day, as well as several other "invited vehicles"
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Solo1

Is the national the ex midland red one which they have

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: Solo1 on May 26, 2019, 08:07:58 PM
Is the national the ex midland red one which they have

Yes HHA101L

fleetline6477

The Bus and Coaches is advertising a Green Bus Running Day on Saturday 6th July http://busrunningdays.blogspot.com/ (scroll down to last entry)

Trident 4194

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on April 17, 2019, 04:57:39 PM
312 was on the 38 in place of the usual Trident   ;D

And again today. Couldn't believe it when it turned out to be a president. Never thought I would be able to ride one of those again

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: Trident 4194 on May 29, 2019, 03:44:59 PM
And again today. Couldn't believe it when it turned out to be a president. Never thought I would be able to ride one of those again

They are very regular on Rail Replacements now. If not, you could do that you're advertised above or possibly at the open day.

jc

Quote from: Trident 4194 on May 29, 2019, 03:44:59 PM

117 was unavailable in the morning and 312 was best parked in the garage and unallocated, so I took that after consulting with engineers

Trident 4194

Quote from: jc on May 30, 2019, 07:28:20 PM
117 was unavailable in the morning and 312 was best parked in the garage and unallocated, so I took that after consulting with engineers

Very good driving too leave 5 minutes late and arrive early

Kevin

Quote from: Trident 4194 on May 30, 2019, 09:38:10 PM
Very good driving too leave 5 minutes late and arrive early

That to me reads that the driver was breaking speed limits
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Trident 4194

Quote from: Kevin on May 30, 2019, 09:50:10 PM

No there was just 3 passengers the entire journey. 312 didn't seem to struggle on route either so unsure why they only try and use the smaller tridents

MW

Not at all.

On the A7/A8 in Solihull, you can leave 20 minutes late and still arrive early, all whilst driving at 20MPH along the whole route.

jc

As the regular driver and driver in question, theres no need to speed on the service, the later two trips 1341 and 1441 from Northfield and return are usually pretty dead, only 1-2 people usually.

The timetable is built in a way that you can easily loose time Northfield end, but gain back time at the Selly Oak side

Timing points between Selly Oak and Stirchley allow too much time, but between Woodlands Park Road and Northfield quite tight.

The shorter tridents are used mostly for the 'just incase' situation, Wednesdays for example is bin lorry day and if you meet something in the wrong place, you could do with something shorter to help manoeuvre, I have taken 113 round, no issues

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk