News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Arriva Shrewsbury

Started by Wolves256, November 26, 2014, 10:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Depotosw

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on March 07, 2020, 07:34:36 PM
No doubt to be on the park & rides?

On Harlescott P&R on Friday.

Rich-82

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on March 07, 2020, 07:34:36 PM
No doubt to be on the park & rides?
yes it is i got a picture yesterday of it on Harlescott P&R

Pat

Why doesn't Shrewsbury operate any form of Sunday service at all?  The town centre on a Sunday is pretty busy so there is obviously people who want to go to town.  If they were to operate a Sunday service, I think these would be the most suitable routes (based on passenger usage in the week): 1, 11, 24, 25.

Depotosw

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on March 15, 2020, 06:12:43 PM
Why doesn't Shrewsbury operate any form of Sunday service at all?  The town centre on a Sunday is pretty busy so there is obviously people who want to go to town.  If they were to operate a Sunday service, I think these would be the most suitable routes (based on passenger usage in the week): 1, 11, 24, 25.

There has been Sunday operation over the years but was funded by Shropshire Council, once funding was pulled, so were the services. Oswesrtry even had a two hourly Sunday 70 some years ago.

Pat

Quote from: Depotosw on March 15, 2020, 09:05:59 PM
There has been Sunday operation over the years but was funded by Shropshire Council, once funding was pulled, so were the services. Oswesrtry even had a two hourly Sunday 70 some years ago.
Could they not operate them commercially?  If there's the demand for it then they'd have no problem.

mikestone

Because its an affluent county and even for the less well-heeled the family car is available they see n o money in it.

Kevin

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on March 15, 2020, 06:12:43 PM

Presumably the same reason as Cannock, not financially viable to open the depot on Sundays
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Pat

Does anyone know what rotas are at Shrewsbury garage and what routes are on them?  The only one I know of is the Bridgnorth rota (9 & 436). Maybe @Simon@Arriva can help?

PointerDart

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on March 26, 2020, 10:32:21 AM
Does anyone know what rotas are at Shrewsbury garage and what routes are on them?  The only one I know of is the Bridgnorth rota (9 & 436). Maybe @Simon@Arriva can help?

You mean like the interworking?

If I remember correctly, it's something like:

1 are stand-alone
2 & 12 (with a 3A somewhere)
8, 20 & 21
9 & 436
23 & 26
24 & 25 (interworking at Tesco)
64 & 164
X4 & X5 (interworking at Telford)
544 & 546
738 & 740 in Ludlow

Any that I've missed or are incorrect I'm sure someone will correct me :)

Pat

Quote from: PointerDart on March 26, 2020, 09:37:57 PM
You mean like the interworking?

If I remember correctly, it's something like:

1 are stand-alone
2 & 12 (with a 3A somewhere)
8, 20 & 21
9 & 436
23 & 26
24 & 25 (interworking at Tesco)
64 & 164
X4 & X5 (interworking at Telford)
544 & 546
738 & 740 in Ludlow

Any that I've missed or are incorrect I'm sure someone will correct me :)
No, I mean the actual rotas (like NX in Wolves have a Wombourne rota consisting of the 2/15/16) not interworking.  By the way, the 21 doesn't interwork with anything, its just on its own.

PointerDart

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on March 26, 2020, 10:32:12 PM
No, I mean the actual rotas (like NX in Wolves have a Wombourne rota consisting of the 2/15/16) not interworking.  By the way, the 21 doesn't interwork with anything, its just on its own.

Not sure if you'd be able to get the actual rotas. As far as I'm aware it is commercially sensitive information so companies do not release these. Also believe something related to GDPR and protecting drivers comes into play

Pat

Quote from: PointerDart on March 27, 2020, 09:45:22 PM
Not sure if you'd be able to get the actual rotas. As far as I'm aware it is commercially sensitive information so companies do not release these. Also believe something related to GDPR and protecting drivers comes into play
I wouldn't have thought it is commercially sensitive information or infringement of GDPR as there is no mention of driver names e.t.c.  The only information i'm after is what routes are on what rota.  Besides, if you look in other threads, there are posts which show the NX rotas for each garage and what routes are on them.  Also, I asked about rotas in the Diamond management thread and got a reply that answered my question. Nothing there that would infringe GDPR

Depotosw

As suggested on the Oswestry thread, Shrewsbury depot have today started assisting Oswestry depot on the 70 service with AM and PM workings starting and ending from Shrewsbury and some duplicates over the daytime trips. 2997 was used on the peaks whilst some Solos provided daytime duplicates to Oswestry based vehicles, one was 6004.

Depotosw

Quote from: Depotosw on June 15, 2020, 07:00:23 PM
As suggested on the Oswestry thread, Shrewsbury depot have today started assisting Oswestry depot on the 70 service with AM and PM workings starting and ending from Shrewsbury and some duplicates over the daytime trips. 2997 was used on the peaks whilst some Solos provided daytime duplicates to Oswestry based vehicles, one was 6004.

Versas are appearing as standard the last few days by all accounts, a snap after work today of 3691 on the 70 bound for Oswestry, it was duplicating Oswestry's 3786 just infront:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/35721472@N08/50017347371/in/pool-2750913@N23

3691 returned alone on the 17:22 70 ex OS. Notable yesterday that 3698 was doing this diagram, back on the route it was new for!

Pat

School/college services will have new operators as of tomorrow

S8 (Shrewsbury - London Rd) - Wheadons, Cardiff
S519 (Newport - Shrewsbury) - Wheadons, Cardiff
SX5 (Telford - London Rd) - Regional Transport, Shrewsbury

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk