News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

If you had the chance to modify or add any service, what would you do?

Started by Alex, November 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

I don't think there's any need to change the 16W, at the end of the day it's now all about a simple numbering system, the 74 is the only number associated with West Brom now in the 70's and 16W keeps that corridor as 16's. I could even imagine an eventual return of the 16A proper, straight up Old Walsall Road to Scott Arms

Talking to a friend in the pub in Sutton the other night, we were debating the merits of extending either the 65 or 7 beyond Perry Common up to Boldmere and Sutton. Mostly settled on the 65 because it could fit in with the 66 at the northern end and be more beneficial to residents of Short Heath and Stockland Green. Perhaps even replace the 66 and have it terminate at New Oscott instead
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

CL

Quote from: Kevin on December 26, 2018, 01:46:08 PM
I don't think there's any need to change the 16W, at the end of the day it's now all about a simple numbering system, the 74 is the only number associated with West Brom now in the 70's and 16W keeps that corridor as 16's. I could even imagine an eventual return of the 16A proper, straight up Old Walsall Road to Scott Arms
Agreed, there's no real need in renumbering; I had just put it out there as a suggestion. In addition to the 74, the 79 still serves (and so one would assume it's still associated with) West Bromwich. ;) But the point still stands.

Can't comment on the 16A being reinstated full time. Admittedly, I only ever use the 16 (and its variables) from City up until Hockley only. :P
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Quote from: CL on December 26, 2018, 12:23:02 PM
Similarly, another example that's sprung to mind is iGo's 10H service. And though it doesn't indicate the final destination, it does signify the route that it takes: via Harborne

... And then the even more recent 10S to Selly Oak.
I've just remembered there used to be the 2L in Kidderminster operated by Diamond as well - the L indicating it went to Ludlow.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Martin

That route changed back to 292 and also changed to a different operator R&B Travel of Clee Hill if I'm right.
National Express Buses in photographs. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Martin.Morris25/members/

Jack

Evenings and Sundays: 28 extends past Dyas Road to serve the whole route, I completely don't understand why it doesn't serve Perry Beeches on Scott Arms on the Evenings and Sundays, hilarious that the branding mentions these places, yet only serves these places Mon-Sat daytimes.

Tony

Quote from: Jack on January 30, 2019, 07:35:55 PM
Evenings and Sundays: 28 extends past Dyas Road to serve the whole route, I completely don't understand why it doesn't serve Perry Beeches on Scott Arms on the Evenings and Sundays, hilarious that the branding mentions these places, yet only serves these places Mon-Sat daytimes.

No passenger demand?
Need more resources possibly making the whole route unviable?

Jack

Quote from: Tony on January 30, 2019, 08:04:51 PM
No passenger demand?
Need more resources possibly making the whole route unviable?
Would make more sense then that stupid Small Heath extension it does.

Tony

Quote from: Jack on January 30, 2019, 08:27:05 PM
Would make more sense then that stupid Small Heath extension it does.

Which is a tendered service otherwise it wouldn't run

Westy

Quote from: Tony on January 30, 2019, 08:30:29 PM
Which is a tendered service otherwise it wouldn't run

There must be some tenders that you wonder why they run.

The one by me on Arriva 2 diverts from Bloxwich High St down Somerfield Rd then turns left onto Leamore Lane, to rejoin Bloxwich High St.

While there is bus stops on Somerfield Rd, there are no stops on the Leamore Lane section, so the last stop is Addenbrooke Street, then the next one is Broadstone Avenue & locals know the distance between the 2!

It should turn right at Kfc & go via Beechdale instead.

Quote from: Westy on January 31, 2019, 04:40:40 PM

The one by me on Arriva 2 diverts from Bloxwich High St down Somerfield Rd then turns left onto Leamore Lane, to rejoin Bloxwich High St.

While there is bus stops on Somerfield Rd, there are no stops on the Leamore Lane section, so the last stop is Addenbrooke Street, then the next one is Broadstone Avenue & locals know the distance between the 2!

Not many, but a few people do use this one - it basically does what the Diamond 28A does at other times.

Diamond 53 (Erdington to Smiths Wood via Stechford) - everytime I've seen this route its a practically empty Mellor Strata minibus. The most I ever see onboard is about 2 passengers, usually its completely empty. Peak hour trips seem paticularly empty.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: Westy on January 31, 2019, 04:40:40 PM

But on the opposite you have the four crosses but there. Not bus stop sign

Westy

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on January 31, 2019, 10:52:35 PM
But on the opposite you have the four crosses but there. Not bus stop sign

The Four Crosses ain't been there for ages!

It's the KFC & a vets!

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: Westy on February 01, 2019, 06:10:48 PM
The Four Crosses ain't been there for ages!

It's the KFC & a vets!
Been in there today to bloxwich after school and it announced "the four crosses" but it doesn't when it goes back to walsall

Westy

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on February 01, 2019, 10:17:54 PM
Been in there today to bloxwich after school and it announced "the four crosses" but it doesn't when it goes back to walsall

It is Arriva.

What do you expect?

Accuracy?

And on the subject of 'accuracy', whoever does the video displays for NX's Walsall Platties, it's Addenbrooke Street, with an extra e!

Speaking as a local!

Ginger66

Merge both 46 services.  West Brom upto Pheasey then across to Perry Barr to City Centre.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk