News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

If you had the chance to modify or add any service, what would you do?

Started by Alex, November 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Crosville on March 16, 2018, 08:38:03 AM
X1 daytime service operates direct via Dunchurch Highway & Pickford Way, no longer serving Parkhill Shops & Allesley Village, 7 diverted to serve Parkhill Shops & daytime frequency increased to 20 minutes, evening & Sunday X1 unchanged.
The X1 daytime frequency is already every 20 minutes Monday to Saturday daytime !

Stu

Quote from: Steve3229vp on March 21, 2018, 07:03:01 PM
The X1 daytime frequency is already every 20 minutes Monday to Saturday daytime !

I think he was referring to the 7, rather than the X1
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Steve3229vp

Crosville

Coventry
23/23A  to operate as a circular route in Cheylesmore-Fenside area route unchanged but renumbered 23A/23C, 23A operates as normal via Cheylesmore to Fenside then via 23 to Allesley Park 23C reverse.

Jack

Something that I've just only thought about:

Extend the 38 from Erdington to Sutton. Giving Sutton a bus directly to the Fort. Would run the current from the Vale to Erdington and extended by using Sutton Road/New Road and Birmingham Road. It would sort of  bring back the old link the 68 had, Sutton, Erdington, the Fort, Castle Vale. This way the route would be more profit making and not as pointless as the current route is.

Brummie45

Quote from: Jack on June 24, 2018, 03:12:32 PM
Something that I've just only thought about:

Extend the 38 from Erdington to Sutton. Giving Sutton a bus directly to the Fort. Would run the current from the Vale to Erdington and extended by using Sutton Road/New Road and Birmingham Road. It would sort of  bring back the old link the 68 had, Sutton, Erdington, the Fort, Castle Vale. This way the route would be more profit making and not as pointless as the current route is.

Enough Buses already along those roads between Erdington and Sutton.
Current Local Routes 53,94,96 and X12. Nearby routes 55,70,71,71A,99 and X70.

John

Don't you think that if the 68 was profitable, it would have remained after the changes

Sh4318

Quote from: John on June 24, 2018, 04:13:12 PM
Don't you think that if the 68 was profitable, it would have remained after the changes

I thought the 68 was withdrawn due to issues with reliability?
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Jack

Quote from: Sh4318 on June 24, 2018, 04:14:12 PM
I thought the 68 was withdrawn due to issues with reliability?
The 68 was withdrawn with reliability issues, nothing to do with how profitable it was, it was a very profitable circular. It's a shame it went tbh. It was just very unreliable and was caught in a lot of traffic hotspots.

John

Quote from: Jack on June 24, 2018, 05:02:46 PM
The 68 was withdrawn with reliability issues, nothing to do with how profitable it was, it was a very profitable circular. It's a shame it went tbh. It was just very unreliable and was caught in a lot of traffic hotspots.

It would have been kept in parts if it was profitable

Kevin

Quote from: Jack on June 24, 2018, 05:02:46 PM

How do you know it was profitable? From my recollection it was mostly concessionary pass holders
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Sayeed

Quote from: Sayeed on November 16, 2014, 05:07:37 AM
I'd let NXWM operate the 10/H route

I admit I haven't thought well on 10H part. However, maybe NXWM could give another try on 10 (or renumber it as 24A?) with slight route adjustment and operate peak hours only?
With route adjustment, I was thinking of using Court Oak Road instead of Croftdown Road.

I used this route regularly back in 2014 to avoid traffic in Harborne and it took me under 40 minutes to get to Colmore Row. It carried decent loadings and it still does when I caught in late April this year.
Век живи - век учись

sonic84

Quote from: Sayeed on June 26, 2018, 02:54:33 AM
I admit I haven't thought well on 10H part. However, maybe NXWM could give another try on 10 (or renumber it as 24A?) with slight route adjustment and operate peak hours only?
With route adjustment, I was thinking of using Court Oak Road instead of Croftdown Road.

I used this route regularly back in 2014 to avoid traffic in Harborne and it took me under 40 minutes to get to Colmore Row. It carried decent loadings and it still does when I caught in late April this year.

I have to say that during peak times the 10 is my go to bus to get back to Quinton from Birmingham rather than the 24.  The 24 takes such a long time to get out of the city since the city loop was introduced and further traffic around Harborne doesn't help!

Unfortunately I do think the 10H has slightly lost its way now since it has been altered and adjusted to plug the gaps left in the 8A, 8C and 647.  It now takes nearly an hour to get from Quinton to the City Centre and where I would have chose to get the 10H rather than the 24 before into Birmingham, I definitely would avoid it now.

Sh4318

Quote from: Sayeed on June 26, 2018, 02:54:33 AM

I seem to remember TWM doing everything in their power to keep the 10 running. Shame to see it the way it is now
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

sonic84

Quote from: Sh4318 on June 26, 2018, 01:56:43 PM
I seem to remember TWM doing everything in their power to keep the 10 running. Shame to see it the way it is now

Yes there was the 102 wasn't there which followed the 24 (103 as it was back then) to Four Dwellings, then down Quinton Road West and West Boulevard.

Replaced then with the 10, and off peak 110 which extended up Quinton Road West and on to Blackheath via Quinton Road West and Olive Lane Estate.

It sure is a shame to see the 10/10H/10S as it is now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk