News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

If you had the chance to modify or add any service, what would you do?

Started by Alex, November 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j789

To be fair, most of the passengers carried on the 44 from the city were students going to the university. They have now got more buses along that route every 10 minutes on the 98/99 services. As for the other sections, the only part that really misses out is from Northfield to Hawkesley/Turves Green but most areas are not too far from a city bound route or at least a connection to a city bound route, eg on Bristol road.

LiamthebusGuy

Interwork the WN 59/28 so the bus follows the 59 to Ashmore Park, does the loop and then carries on to Willenhall, then misses out Ashmore Park on the way back to Wolverhampton, (straight up Lichfield road instead of the loop)

528A Willenhall via Heath Town - Wednesfield - Ashmore Park

Trident 4609

Quote from: Liam on March 31, 2015, 11:06:48 AM
Interwork the WN 59/28 so the bus follows the 59 to Ashmore Park, does the loop and then carries on to Willenhall, then misses out Ashmore Park on the way back to Wolverhampton, (straight up Lichfield road instead of the loop)

Why? There would be no benefits. Do you mean as a seperate service to the 28/59 or do you mean join the two services up?

domino.99

Quote from: Liam on March 31, 2015, 11:06:48 AM

Ok so what if someone in willenhall wanted to get to ashmore park?

Tara4352

Trident 4609

Quote from: Rhys S on March 31, 2015, 12:16:17 PM
28 to Wolverhampton
59 to Ashmore Park

Why would you go in the opposite direction to then come back on yourself.

Both services work as they are.

The other issue I that one of the services is every few minutes and the other is half hourly. What frequency do you propose to have it at? The Ashmore Park-Willenhall section only requires an half hourly service but if you were to decrease it to every 30 then the other section of route would miss out on its frequent service (which is warranted)

Chris2301

Will nx ever do a service from Hagley/Kidderminster to Merry Hill bringing in more shoppers to the centre. But saying that i think Merry Hills operating to capicity atm. If intu gave a little bit of land next to the bus station to create three extra stands i think would help the traffic flow better

Stu

I'd extend the 1 so it actually goes into Shirley, rather than just touching the outskirts.

Have it continue down Stratford Road and turn around at the Staples island, like the 31 used to do. I know an extra bus would probably be required, but at least it makes the service a little more useful.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Chris2301 on April 11, 2015, 11:46:30 AM
Will nx ever do a service from Hagley/Kidderminster to Merry Hill bringing in more shoppers to the centre. But saying that i think Merry Hills operating to capicity atm. If intu gave a little bit of land next to the bus station to create three extra stands i think would help the traffic flow better

Hansons did one a few years ago, route number 252 if my memory serves me correctly, but didn't last to long!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

sonic84

Hanson did operate the 252 back when the 125 was first extended to Stourbridge, but if memory serves me correct if on ran on the weekend. I think it took a slightly sufferer route to the 125 as well as it served the railway station.

If it was Monday to saturday it may have stood a better chance

Chris2301

With nx going to stafford and Hednesford with funding from i54, will they do a telford one 254?

Trident 4609

Quote from: Chris2301 on April 18, 2015, 10:06:12 PM
With nx going to stafford and Hednesford with funding from i54, will they do a telford one 254?

No plans as of yet (i assume that means no!)

Chris2301

Quote from: Nathan on April 18, 2015, 10:12:18 PM
No plans as of yet (i assume that means no!)

I think nx might be testing with 54 and 154 for a while and if successful they might try a trial for telford

Cheese

Quote from: Chris2301 on April 18, 2015, 10:23:26 PM
I think nx might be testing with 54 and 154 for a while and if successful they might try a trial for telford

As the 54/154 are funded by i54 then NX aren't testing for anything. They will be running a service they are contracted to do so. If the i54 project board decide they require a service to Telford then they will no doubt tender for it, NX would be very unlikely to just register a service.

Westy

So we are beholden to i54 whether these services continue or not?

316 Ikea bus again!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk