News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Tamworth Enviro400s

Started by 2200 Bus, September 04, 2014, 08:15:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo1

Quote from: John on October 05, 2014, 07:20:08 PM
4410 has already had a bash on its rear offside corner
its back out tonight just seen it on 110

derningtona

It was on the 16.00 ex Tamworth. It just looks like a small but deep scratch on my photo.
Only Guy Arabs (a choice of 63) stopped at my front door 1957-1964!

andy

Of course, the problem with high spec, comfortable buses like these with free wifi and power points is that they become an even more attractive environment to the broadcasting rap artists I was lumbered with on top of 4408 earlier today. It was like a mobile recording studio all the way into town.

garrym1972

spotted one going up bull street on the 110
gotta love the gemini

Tony

Kevin

Are the new E400s lower height than normal? Because I think someone mentioned it on here, and from Tony's picture it looks a bit lower than the B9s. Travelling on 4412 this evening to Erdington it certainly seemed awkward for a 6ft4 person like me
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Ossie

I saw 4413 and 4415 at Whitehouse Common around midday Monday in the rain.  The white LED displays looked pretty spectacular in the gloom! :D

derningtona

They must be a bit lower. I am 5 ft 10 in and my head touched the roof the other day in one. Not a thing I have noticed happening before.
I was on 4200 today which has been on the 110 regularly this week and it seemed so quiet and peaceful compared with the Sapphires' high pitched transmission whine at speed and (when they are working, which fortunately isn't often) loud next stop announcements.
Only Guy Arabs (a choice of 63) stopped at my front door 1957-1964!

andy

Quote from: derningtona on October 10, 2014, 08:48:16 PM
They must be a bit lower. I am 5 ft 10 in and my head touched the roof the other day in one. Not a thing I have noticed happening before.
I was on 4200 today which has been on the 110 regularly this week and it seemed so quiet and peaceful compared with the Sapphires' high pitched transmission whine at speed and (when they are working, which fortunately isn't often) loud next stop announcements.

I think passengers and drivers will miss those Geminis. They were extremely quiet, smooth, comfortable and a pleasure to drive, except for blind spots.

The seating on the new Sapphires, despite being leather and higher backed, is actually not as comfortable and as usual with the awful obsession with shiny flat leather finish, you slide off them going round corners.

Bob

I wondered why I kept nearly falling off the seat. Why havent they got the high spec leather coach seats other sapphire e400s elsewhere have?

Bob

Quote from: derningtona on October 10, 2014, 08:48:16 PM

I caught 4202 on a 74 from cannock to stafford on Thursday they are pretty smooth machines especially compared to the death rattle noises the 57 plate pulsars made! It was definitely needed on there! It was the 10am from cannock and was carrying almost a full load with about 6 seats left upstairs and none on the lower deck

Gareth

I sampled 4409 the other day and was very impressed. A smooth rattle free ride. There are a few noticeable differences between these and NX examples that I haven't seen mentioned yet.

There is no single seat behind the driver, and I think they may contain the new 'squarecase' both features being features on the MMC E400. The rear external roof dome is also a different design, being flat, unlike NX Enviros.

CRP2012

Quote from: Gareth on October 11, 2014, 01:26:35 PM
I sampled 4409 the other day and was very impressed. A smooth rattle free ride. There are a few noticeable differences between these and NX examples that I haven't seen mentioned yet.

There is no single seat behind the driver, and I think they may contain the new 'squarecase' both features being features on the MMC E400. The rear external roof dome is also a different design, being flat, unlike NX Enviros.

The Single seat behind driver is for full height models (Firstbus as well as NX examples have this) but as Arriva`s are low height (so is stagecoach`s as standard) they do not have it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk