News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

More direct route between Wolverhampton and Birmingham

Started by Alex, September 10, 2014, 06:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Kevin on October 15, 2014, 10:35:20 AM
Quote from: 4006 on October 15, 2014, 03:51:42 AM
My opinion is 'X' Routes of variations of current routes don't work and the little time saved is insignificant, I mean take the X51, passengers don't care which they get on x51 or 51 they get whichever turns up first.The time saving is relatively little and by the time you wait for an X51 you can be half way down the road on a normal 51. Wolves have tried varies x routes to Merry Hill (travelling on parts of current routes), none of them work..they just don't save enough time to be worth waiting for. Most of the 'X' routes that do work is when there is no alternative! It's all just a marketing device, because its called 'x' something, people think it is faster
SUCKERS!!!
LOL

Wrong. People get the X51 to avoid stopping in Newtown and One Stop. The time it takes isn't as much of an issue. Same with the 902/4/5, it doesn't really shave that much time off the 115 journey really, they just have the advantage of guaranteed not stopping along that part of the route,  and not having to negotiate the roundabouts on the way.
An express service along the Hagley Road for example would work for the same reason,  it may get stuck in the same traffic but it won't stop at all the bus stops en route

I resume 4006 has never stood in Birmingham looking at the 51 and X51 stops and seen 50 people let a 51 go and wait for the X51. It obviously does work or the frequency wouldn't be bing increased again

Quote from: Tony on October 15, 2014, 10:49:41 AM
My opinion is 'X' Routes of variations of current routes don't work and the little time saved is insignificant, I mean take the X51, passengers don't care which they get on x51 or 51 they get whichever turns up first.The time saving is relatively little and by the time you wait for an X51 you can be half way down the road on a normal 51. Wolves have tried varies x routes to Merry Hill (travelling on parts of current routes), none of them work..they just don't save enough time to be worth waiting for. Most of the 'X' routes that do work is when there is no alternative! It's all just a marketing device, because its called 'x' something, people think it is faster
SUCKERS!!!
LOL

Wrong. People get the X51 to avoid stopping in Newtown and One Stop. The time it takes isn't as much of an issue. Same with the 902/4/5, it doesn't really shave that much time off the 115 journey really, they just have the advantage of guaranteed not stopping along that part of the route,  and not having to negotiate the roundabouts on the way.
An express service along the Hagley Road for example would work for the same reason,  it may get stuck in the same traffic but it won't stop at all the bus stops en route

I resume 4006 has never stood in Birmingham looking at the 51 and X51 stops and seen 50 people let a 51 go and wait for the X51. It obviously does work or the frequency wouldn't be bing increased again

Yes I have caught the 51 many times. I just get on whatever comes first. The time saved really doesn't make much difference
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Tony

Quote from: 4006 on October 15, 2014, 11:49:42 AM
SUCKERS!!!
LOL

Yes I have caught the 51 many times. I just get on whatever comes first. The time saved really doesn't make much difference

I didn't say have you caught the 51, and what do you catch.

Westy

I enjoy waiting for the X51.

Means you speed past the Aston undesirables!

Even before the X51 started on Sundays,  I caught the 997 instead!

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

SUCKERS!!!
LOL

The X51 does seem a bit of a success story in recent years, always extremely well used when I've been on it, even with some slightly scruffy 10 year old Gemini's so perhaps with some new E400 MMC's it might take off even further

Bob

I think the gemini's are in pretty good condition after ten years non stop interurban working. Even the tridents aren't so bad when theyre on the X51, especially the refurbished ones. I caught 4527 on the X51 on Friday and that too wasnt too bad internally either.  That said im used to arrivas cadets darts amd commanders in cannock and the interiors of some of those make nx buses seem luxurious

Ronnoc

Is it possible to make the line from Birmingham - Wolverhampton go faster?

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Ronnoc

Quote from: Tony on November 24, 2014, 08:05:32 PM
Quote from: Stu on November 24, 2014, 08:00:35 PM
Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on November 24, 2014, 07:22:40 PM
Is it possible to make the line from Birmingham - Wolverhampton go faster?

What line?

The lines don't actually move!
Never made my self clear, the WCML line from Birmingham to Wolverhampton with the stops, Sandwell and Dudley, Smethwich Galton bridge etc etc.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk