News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

A day in the life of......a NXWM enployee

Started by danny, May 19, 2012, 10:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danny

This is one for old and young, I've noticed a lot of the younger enthusiasts asking about careers with the company,  so my question is what is it like working for the company, and what is the genralroutine of a days work, whether you be a driver, inspector, controler mechanic or customer service representative, would be really intresting to share and read thoughts and opinions, and a good insight into how the different departments oporate, 
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

D10

As an office based employee, my experiences are probably a lot different and may be regarded as not as interesting as those in the frontline, but I would recommend working for NXWM.

I have worked at depots where the atmosphere is really good and you can have a laugh with the drivers and engineers, there is plenty of fun and bantering going on! Also I have worked at HO and obviously the atmosphere is different there but the people are still great and senior management take an interest in how you are doing.

You are expected to work hard though in whatever you do, but I can cope with that, and whilst we all moan at what comes down from the big bosses at NatEX Group, I wouldn't want to leave!

Ally

I'm relentlessly trying to get in with National Express currently, applied for "Vehicle Dismantler" and "Paint Unit Assistant" on the 13th, heard back about the Vehicle Dismantler one yesterday (19th) saying I have an interview at Perry Barr on Friday so now it's fingers crossed although I won't get my hopes up, best not to!

But National Express seems brilliant to work for especially from how what I've seen. Would be great to get in, if not I'll keep on trying! :)
~ Alistair (A.K.A. Ally)
~ Originally from Bedworth, Warwickshire. Now residing in Bristol
~ CSA at National Express, Bristol
~ https://www.facebook.com/alistair.transportchat

Ashley

A Coventry driver told me that National Express is a good company to work for and the bosses leave you alone if you do your job. Because of my poor vision I can't drive but I would like to work for NXWM or even just have some sort of experience

Discodave

Quote from: Ashley on June 15, 2012, 10:34:38 PM
A Coventry driver told me that National Express is a good company to work for and the bosses leave you alone if you do your job. Because of my poor vision I can't drive but I would like to work for NXWM or even just have some sort of experience
Are you sure this is NXWM as everyone else I know from various areas are treated like S**t bosses always on there back and not had accidents or conflicts with the public just sick of passsenger bulls**t and being guilty until proven innocent wonder why at one time NXWM had no driver vacancies now are short of drivers says a lot about the company doesn't it NXWM would love the sack at will law but they seem to operate like that any way (I walked out myself not due to any conduct issue just crap conditions)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk