News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Started by j789, July 15, 2014, 08:33:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j789

Looking at the photo of new 4959 recently added, the top deck window ventilators are different to the First Enviro behind it. Is this just a design preference or is there another reason? Also, are all the new ADL vehicles stored at First's depot before transfer to their new operator?

Tony

Quote from: j789 on July 15, 2014, 08:33:39 PM
Looking at the photo of new 4959 recently added, the top deck window ventilators are different to the First Enviro behind it. Is this just a design preference or is there another reason? Also, are all the new ADL vehicles stored at First's depot before transfer to their new operator?

There are 60 (33831-90) First Group Enviro 400 deckers there (along with lots of Singles) for use on Commonwealth games services the same as NXs

Tony

And another shot

j789

Thanks. Thought they were new ones waiting to go to Manchester etc.

Tony

Quote from: j789 on July 15, 2014, 08:52:13 PM
Thanks. Thought they were new ones waiting to go to Manchester etc.

They are! Just being used in Glasgow first.

j789

The actual opening windows on the top deck are in different places on the NatEx vehicles (eg on 1st side windows at the front whereas they are not there on the First buses), that is what I meant by the ventilators. Sorry for the confusion as wasn't very clear.

Ex BC driver

Spotted a levante in the background of the photo of 4951. Is that the transport for NX staff?

Tony

Quote from: Ex BC driver on July 15, 2014, 09:13:54 PM
Spotted a levante in the background of the photo of 4951. Is that the transport for NX staff?

That is SH102, the vehicle I had driven up there in taking the drivers up there. It is currently on Walsall's strength for inspections etc. I will be going back up there again at the beginning of August to fetch them all back

John

I noticed on a pic on Flickr that these Enviro400s have got Dundee legal lettering on the side. Are they still for the WM or have things changed?

Tony

Quote from: John on July 15, 2014, 10:20:38 PM
I noticed on a pic on Flickr that these Enviro400s have got Dundee legal lettering on the side. Are they still for the WM or have things changed?

They are operating in Scotland so have to operate on a Scottish operators license

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk