News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Drivers - Bus Reviews & Opinions

Started by 2900, July 13, 2014, 12:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karl724223

Quote from: 2900 on May 21, 2019, 09:51:05 AM
6976 enviro 400mmc

This one same as 6971 but stop/start engages when handbrake is on any where , been told this will be modified to door open only stop/ start, on occasions it would go ape shit hazards would come on and refuse to restart , to correct issue go through manual start process.
At westbrom most drivers do agree these platinums,re nice to drive but ruined by stop/ start, when have fast running times it's really difficult to stay on time , I now understand why when the farm use platinums in the evenings on the 12 it's hardly ever on time.
thats funny I can keep my platinum buses on time on fast running time on evenings and Sunday's  @Dom @pndriver

Dom

Quote from: karl724223 on May 21, 2019, 10:25:42 PM
thats funny I can keep my platinum buses on time on fast running time on evenings and Sunday's  @Dom @pndriver

And me, with considerate ease aswell.

Quote from: Dom on May 21, 2019, 11:17:56 PM
And me, with considerate ease aswell.
Karl, Dom may be you can but I,ve seen plenty that can't any way until I get one on the 12s and 13s on the evenings I can't really comment personally. My only experience is the 82/87 fast running time,
82 you need to be on the ball so to speak.
Most of the permanent late night drivers don't want platinums on a evening board.
The other evening I had one the 4700s it's just so effortless no bullshit does wot it says on the tin it's redicolous.
Just out of interest does The Farms 12 service interwork during the evenings.

Enviro 400MMC platinums westbrom
Designed by the industry for the industry , REALLY
having now driven probably every one at westbrom over the last 6 to 8 weeks i can safely say these things are the dullest most boring buses i,ve  ever driven, there are so many electrical gremlins with this batch build quality issues, rubber trim coming away from opening passenger windows, flooring coming away from the rear seat housing.
They are currently all very similar to drive no real great variances yet.
Majority of the drivers hate the shite viynl cab seat just great in hot weather with no aircon what moron thaught these were great idea,  hot days you become soaked in sweat your trousers stick to you just horrible, many of us  are getting leg pains from these seats espeically after 5 hour spells , i get pins and needles pain in my left ankle constantly having to move it about. The electric steering is heavier than normal hydraulic setup. The constant pressing of the brake pedal also very tiresome too.The constant engine stop/start at every stop is just so annoying, passengers are comnenting to me they hate it , overall i find these platinums mentally and physically tiring on long stints.
In there current form just a hateful place to be thanks NX for making dudley rd even more taxing place to be.
Oh and my score for these bags of shite a BIG PHAT ZERO

4515 wrightbus gemni volvo B7Tl
In what feels like for ever since i last drove a gemni this was a most welcomed change. Looking at it yes its a little rough around the edges but nothing rough about the way it drives
Its every thing that a enviro e400mmc isnt
Its responsive, quick, commnuitive in every department just joyful vehicle to drive 5 hours flew by in this its just so effortless relaxing bus to drive. 
Only one downside i will now consider very minor having now experiened the platinum crap was the down shift in gear  s bit of surge one could say .
This bus i,ll give 8/10 for the way it drives

karl724223

Pensnetts 4308 still got life in it does 30 with ease and engine sounds good with smooth gear changes
And most important very warm cab heaters  easy 9/10

Dudley rd platinums, I've had plenty of grief off passengers this week, driver turn on damn aircon too hot man. I,ve had people get off early and walk the rest of there journey.
While we poor drivers after to  suffer for 5 hours plus welded to the crap viynl seat , the blowers and the poxy cheap Chinese made fan stuck on the ceiling next to useless , the ones on the 4700s so much better.
I think the platinums dark colours don't help with heat either, where as white is reflective against heat one to think about .
To top it all off the new westbromwich garage scheduler has ruined all the rotas and dutys with 3 part dutys some lates start at 1500 from garage till midnight , I've done lates for over 20 years I will now quit doing them they simply not worth it.
The Oldbury rota drivers can't believe how aweful the dutys have become plus hammering you get on Dudley rd cause there are now 3 less buses running in the peak.  12/13s busy now less buses.

karl724223

Pn open day Dudley shuttle
2957 picked  it up from wolves  once out of the dump of the ring roads and traffic lights on the penn rd  it was a blast down to himley  engine gears and brakes all performed perfect reached the speed limits with ease no problem at all  for a bus this old a credit to all that have worked on it to get it to this standard   once on the shuttles again it was faultless going up and down the Dudley hills
But    A warning light came on the dashboard and as the bus was not a pensnett bus the decision was taken to park it up to be on the safe side  great shame was really enjoying driving this bus
But
Bus number two wolves livery  4535 again another nice bus to drive very smooth and fast
Again giving it a blast from kingswinford up to himley to penn rd island back to wolves garage this bus moved
Driving both buses in the livery they are in did there job and turned car drivers and pedestrians heads
I would give 10 plus to both of these buses
Really glad I was allowed to drive both of them on something different

Wumpty

Quote from: karl724223 on July 29, 2019, 08:43:11 PM
Pn open day Dudley shuttle
2957 picked  it up from wolves  once out of the dump of the ring roads and traffic lights on the penn rd  it was a blast down to himley  engine gears and brakes all performed perfect reached the speed limits with ease no problem at all  for a bus this old a credit to all that have worked on it to get it to this standard   once on the shuttles again it was faultless going up and down the Dudley hills
But    A warning light came on the dashboard and as the bus was not a pensnett bus the decision was taken to park it up to be on the safe side  great shame was really enjoying driving this bus
But
Bus number two wolves livery  4535 again another nice bus to drive very smooth and fast
Again giving it a blast from kingswinford up to himley to penn rd island back to wolves garage this bus moved
Driving both buses in the livery they are in did there job and turned car drivers and pedestrians heads
I would give 10 plus to both of these buses
Really glad I was allowed to drive both of them on something different

And having followed you from Park Lane in my car, you did a fantastic job driving it too! Pleasure to meet you on Saturday bud.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

karl724223

4306 oh the joys
It's a nail and its knocking on deaths door  please knock harder
I would gladly paint the wheels red and lead it into death row @pndriver

4953/4944 ADL E40D E400 Enviro 400 ZF ecomatic

What utter bags of shit these two buses really are to drive, complete and utter misery just f,ing useless , all the appeal of a wet lettuce , utter garbage , I would gladly drive these to PVS For free just to get rid. They trudge about , engine constantly labouring away , absolutely crap going up hills 10/155mph at best.  I couldn't even get comfortable the cab seats have aged badly.

Big PHAT ZERO and being generous

4916 ADL E40D ENVIRO 400 ecomatic

This wasn't to bad overall,  biggest let down  the crap ZF gearbox occasionally the gears  jolted on changes etc, not to bad on hills ,recent refurb so interior and exterior in excellent order .
Still I,d rather not drive if I could.

BIG PHAT my lovelies  4/10

4746 ADL Trident, Enviro 400

One of the better 4700s at w/b drives great in all departments, just nice to drive a bus that responds to your inputs as a driver.
Interior could do with deep clean IMO

7/10

The one  thing  these enviro 400s have is space in the cab for your bag even the platinums aren't great for this.

MW

Quote from: 2900 on December 20, 2019, 01:20:04 PM
The one  thing  these enviro 400s have is space in the cab for your bag even the platinums aren't great for this.

Do the MMCs not have the drivers compartment, where you can put a bag. It's located next to your left leg in the cab, at the bottom. I'm not sure if the NX ones would have this compartment, as they've got vaults fitted. I can't remember if the NX E200MMCs have this or not. I know they have the bottle holder and running board/VCR holder in the cab door.

If this compartment isn't available on NX examples due to the vault, that's a shame. It's really useful for drivers with bags.

Quote from: MW on December 20, 2019, 01:25:04 PM
Do the MMCs not have the drivers compartment, where you can put a bag. It's located next to your left leg in the cab, at the bottom. I'm not sure if the NX ones would have this compartment, as they've got vaults fitted. I can't remember if the NX E200MMCs have this or not. I know they have the bottle holder and running board/VCR holder in the cab door.

If this compartment isn't available on NX examples due to the vault, that's a shame. It's really useful for drivers with bags.
It's tiny  just enough room for a water bottle

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk