News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Drivers - Bus Reviews & Opinions

Started by 2900, July 13, 2014, 12:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Incident recently in bearwood. As I approached the bearwood rd junction with Anderson rd a right turn I noticed the mouth of the rd blocked by cars, i informed traffic the advice I got pap your horn to raise awareness it certainly did it a youth opened the doors from outside and boarded the bus he asked what's the problem I explained to him the situation he replied stop being a dick head, I asked him to leave he then became abusive and then produces a shiny metal object from his pocket and proceeds to try and punch me through the hole in the vandal screen above the cash Shute , I called it a nite then cause I was absolutely seething with rage cause company policy is driver remain welded to your f,ing seat at all f,ing times. I,m thinking of getting a heavy duty clip board to smash any one with who puts there grubby mitts through the cab,not unreasonable I think.

Design flaw on enviro 400s the hole around the cash Shute to big , management needs to address this me thinks.

Incident windmill lane smethwick.
While driving down windmill lane some toerag throws an object through the left side side window showering a pensioner in glass fortunately for her she was tough as old boots she just dusted herself down, she thanked God she wasn't sat directly next to the glass , I phoned for an ambulance this turned into a 15/20 minute Q and A session testing mine and the pensioner patience after all that ambulance service determined an ambulance wasn't  required by this time all she wanted to do is go home, she walked the half mile or so in the rain, I watched on as walked home on how wrong it was , I wished I had taxi number I would have gladly paid to her get home.

Far to many of these types of incidents going on these toerags don't see the consequences of there actions.

Liverpool Street

@2900
A comprehensive failure of government and strangulation of our rights - thank 1997 labour!
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Master, Elite driver

Another new fad it,ll soon fade away like every other scheme I,ve seen over the years , I won't be wasting my time with it got better things to do with my spare time. Still won't save you come getting chop time. Company dithering over pay negotiations but got plenty of time for these schemes though, rather have the extra pay don't want a new shirt or tie.

Tony

Quote from: 2900 on February 06, 2016, 10:46:38 AM
Master, Elite driver

Another new fad it,ll soon fade away like every other scheme I,ve seen over the years , I won't be wasting my time with it got better things to do with my spare time. Still won't save you come getting chop time. Company dithering over pay negotiations but got plenty of time for these schemes though, rather have the extra pay don't want a new shirt or tie.

The Master Driver scheme is the company paying for, and putting you through, the Institute of Advanced Motoring, advanced driving test to make you a better driver of both a bus and your car.

Not really a waste of time

Driver03

Quote from: Tony on February 06, 2016, 05:24:21 PM
The Master Driver scheme is the company paying for, and putting you through, the Institute of Advanced Motoring, advanced driving test to make you a better driver of both a bus and your car.

Not really a waste of time
My thoughts exactly. If they don't invest in staff they are in the wrong, when they do invest in staff they are wrong. Can't really please some!

MW

Quote from: Driver03 on February 06, 2016, 06:47:05 PM
My thoughts exactly. If they don't invest in staff they are in the wrong, when they do invest in staff they are wrong. Can't really please some!

Nah you can please everyone, just pay the drivers the money instead of wasting it on these qualifications.

Tony

Quote from: MW on February 06, 2016, 07:02:10 PM
Nah you can please everyone, just pay the drivers the money instead of wasting it on these qualifications.

Try talking to the people that have done it. They have a far different opinion to you

Liverpool Street

One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

Driver03

Quote from: MW on February 06, 2016, 07:02:10 PM
You will save money on you private car insurance too, therefor more money in your pocket.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Driver03 on February 06, 2016, 09:00:38 PM
You will save money on you private car insurance too, therefor more money in your pocket.

Do a quote and come back to me on that

Just did a test quote and there was no difference
until it cought fire

The nvq in bus driving still haven't done it never will not worth the paper it's written on, if it was important company would have put every driver through it like the bullshit cpc card which is bureaucratic nonsense any way,to create jobs.  i,ll  see how the pay deal pans out and then as usual something comes out of the blue , I,m expecting west broms duty compass to come into line with the Birmingham garages from 8hrs 45mins to 9hrs 30mins . I,ve done nearly 20 years of Dudley rd I,ve had enough of it , Portland rd was good while it lasted , I,ve seen plenty of good people go over the years may be its time to move on. The job is,nt the same it's worse than ever, those sat in traffic offices should come out on the road and see what we have to put up with let's face it they,ve forgotten the bullshit. There's no morale what so ever with circle of drivers I mix with.
I only wish I,d done the class one licence back in the day when the dole office,labour exchange what ever it's called these days use to pay for it.

Quote from: Driver03 on February 06, 2016, 06:47:05 PM
invest in staff don't make me laugh, when somebody tried to re arrange my face with a metal object , nobody inquired if I was ok and you know what f##k management.
When somebody put a house brick through the windscreen I never heard f##k all then.
Recently I had window put through guess what I haven't heard any thing either.  To be honest no one is bothered that's the way I see it.
This is the ugly side of bus driving , kids welcome to the real world , school make the most of it they are the best days of your life for most ,care free for the most part only exams to worry about. If I could I,d do skool again no problem.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: 2900 on February 07, 2016, 02:01:53 AM
invest in staff don't make me laugh, when somebody tried to re arrange my face with a metal object , nobody inquired if I was ok and you know what f##k management.
When somebody put a house brick through the windscreen I never heard f##k all then.
Recently I had window put through guess what I haven't heard any thing either.  To be honest no one is bothered that's the way I see it.
This is the ugly side of bus driving , kids welcome to the real world , school make the most of it they are the best days of your life for most ,care free for the most part only exams to worry about. If I could I,d do skool again no problem.

@2900 school days were the best - going home via the chippy with the penny your dad gave you for tuck money

Honestly we never had it so good

now it's just roof repairs and bills until we die
until it cought fire

Quote from: Liverpool Street on February 07, 2016, 02:10:02 AM
@2900 school days were the best - going home via the chippy with the penny your dad gave you for tuck money

Honestly we never had it so good

now it's just roof repairs and bills until we die
chips, crisps ,chocolates and biscuits tasted so much back then now it's all reduced sugar ,salt bullshit

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk