News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Drivers - Bus Reviews & Opinions

Started by 2900, July 13, 2014, 12:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ex Coventry platinum 6966, this is nicest ADL E400 MMC i,ve driven lovely and smooth  decent turn of speed to, hardly rattles around cab area, its miles better than any WB MMC,  I feel WB 6970/6993 were probably built on a friday afternoon, or after a heavy nite out in Scotland 

spacecowboy150

Drivers rumours , i heard the other day the 11 A/C could be rerouted from Bearwood to Dudley Rd using the currrent 82 route, so the 11 can serve the New Midland hospital on Grove lane, the 87 will also be rerouted towards the hospital as well, services will actually be going on hospital grounds.  The 82 could be rerouted down the 11 route section sandon rd city rd to summerfield park. We shall see what transpires

ellspurs

Quote from: 2900 on January 09, 2024, 06:08:04 PMDrivers rumours , i heard the other day the 11 A/C could be rerouted from Bearwood to Dudley Rd using the currrent 82 route, so the 11 can serve the New Midland hospital on Grove lane, the 87 will also be rerouted towards the hospital as well, services will actually be going on hospital grounds.  The 82 could be rerouted down the 11 route section sandon rd city rd to summerfield park. We shall see what transpires
... they've finally finished the hospital???

4477 WRIGHT BUS GEMINI VOLVO B7TL
Its been ages since i last drove a gemni , this bus was a complete pleasure to drive the whole drive train worked properly the doors were smooth, bare minimum of rattling around cab, lovely compliant suspension dealt with humps with ease, hard to believe its 21 years old, way better than any platinum rubbish, the interior is in good order too, imo it should be preserved its that good, i cant say what condition the chassis is in i have told by engineers they do rot.
It reminded of the metrobus'es,  some were just true'ly exceptional examples about.
I do hope i get to drive a few more 03 plate 44 Gemnis before they go.

Quote from: ellspurs on January 09, 2024, 06:26:39 PM... they've finally finished the hospital???
No idea but it does look complete from the outside though, the powers that be must be well into planning stages of service alterations to serve it.

Sh4318

Quote from: 2900 on January 09, 2024, 06:08:04 PMDrivers rumours , i heard the other day the 11 A/C could be rerouted from Bearwood to Dudley Rd using the currrent 82 route, so the 11 can serve the New Midland hospital on Grove lane, the 87 will also be rerouted towards the hospital as well, services will actually be going on hospital grounds.  The 82 could be rerouted down the 11 route section sandon rd city rd to summerfield park. We shall see what transpires
Any possibility of an 89 rerouting? It wouldn't be too difficult, from Cape Hill to Windmill Lane to Grove Lane to Cape Hill (by McDonalds) then left onto Shireland Road.
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Sh4318

Wait, that would leave the burden solely on the 87 between the Hospital and Birmingham :shocked:
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Quote from: Sh4318 on January 11, 2024, 11:05:01 PMWait, that would leave the burden solely on the 87 between the Hospital and Birmingham :shocked:
My guess would be if it happened is 87 would be increased in frequency.
Possibly 82 slightly decreased in frequency with buses being put into strengthening the 87 as that part of the 11 also has the 12/13 and 80 to the City?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MW

Quote from: 2900 on January 09, 2024, 06:32:46 PM4477 WRIGHT BUS GEMINI VOLVO B7TL
Its been ages since i last drove a gemni , this bus was a complete pleasure to drive the whole drive train worked properly the doors were smooth, bare minimum of rattling around cab, lovely compliant suspension dealt with humps with ease, hard to believe its 21 years old, way better than any platinum rubbish, the interior is in good order too, imo it should be preserved its that good, i cant say what condition the chassis is in i have told by engineers they do rot.
It reminded of the metrobus'es,  some were just true'ly exceptional examples about.
I do hope i get to drive a few more 03 plate 44 Gemnis before they go.

Handful of the AG Geminis feel ancient now, compared to E400MMCs anyway. Suspension is the thing that definitely stands out in the Geminis. Far superior than any ADL.

The early Platinums (15 plate) are better than the later ones IMO. Later Platinums; there's too much faffing about at stops (opening & closing doors / stop start etc).

Wba_lad

Quote from: MW on January 11, 2024, 11:28:35 PMHandful of the AG Geminis feel ancient now, compared to E400MMCs anyway. Suspension is the thing that definitely stands out in the Geminis. Far superior than any ADL.

The early Platinums (15 plate) are better than the later ones IMO. Later Platinums; there's too much faffing about at stops (opening & closing doors / stop start etc).
I think I definitely prefer the older type of platinums the 67** batch, and the 61** batch of enviro 400 MMCs, they have better sound to them in my opinion.

The 69** batch and 7*** batch are nice too but I think as you say a lot off faff with the stop start system, and sometimes when the doors are closed the engine don't start back up, and I've noticed with some when the hand break is applied it activates the stop start system, and sometimes again issues with the engine coming back on.

Tony

Please. This is for driver's reviews

dw1308

6856 - Had this little gem on the X12 earlier this morning, yeah in typical ADL fashion there was a bit of rattling coming from the cab area but she had a decent turn of pace when needed

7529 - completely different kettle of fish, yeah she could get a shift on when needed. Usual rattles and squeaks from the cab but the doors seemed to take an age to open and close 

Wba_lad

Quote from: Tony on January 12, 2024, 09:20:04 PMPlease. This is for driver's reviews
Sorry Tony i honestly didn't realise i appologise 

Dudley stops err what can one say other than complete shambles imo, they TFWM have had years to sort this out properly how did they think they could operate an entire bus station of routes on 2 streets its a joke. 
Today i,m glad traffic ate up my all my dropback/layover time resulting in straight in and out there sharpish 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk