News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diamond East Midlands (formerly Midland Classic)

Started by bahumbug, May 14, 2012, 08:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikestone

Timetable is on traveline - hourly, going round Alrewas and calling at the National Arboretum.
;
For some reason the map on there shows the service going to Fradley but with no stops

Dutsey

Quote from: Alex on March 13, 2015, 09:45:18 PM
Anyone know anything about the supposed X13 starting on the 12th April between Burton and Tamworth?

http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/bus/servicechanges/ServiceChangesPages/12April2015.aspx

I have been advised by Midland Classic that the new service will start on April 13th. Hopefully they will make this work as I believe there needs to be a service between Burton and Tamworth.

mikestone

Arriva tried it not so long ago and fairly quickly reverted just to a college service.
;
I'm rather bemused by the tone of this thread, which reads as though people think NWM and Traveline were making it up?

Bob

Arrivas 813 took much longer to get there though.  The journey time on this is quite impressive.

Steveminor

The 813 also tried to gain passengers by competing with the Cliftonville Campville service of heartlands that didn't quite work out.
Still I don't think there's quite enough passengers to make it work.

Steveminor

Well since I have not seen an invitation to tender for the 813 before it started I can't see how it had a subsidy

Tiptonian

Now that the ADL E20Ds 1 and 2 have been here for some time, does anyone know if they tend to stick to a particular route?

Also, how are they performing as regards reliability, driver acceptance and fuel consumption?

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Tiptonian on March 26, 2015, 11:21:00 PM
Now that the ADL E20Ds 1 and 2 have been here for some time, does anyone know if they tend to stick to a particular route?

Also, how are they performing as regards reliability, driver acceptance and fuel consumption?

You get one on the X12 most days and the other normally on the 21. Its abit strange having an E200 with leather seats and laminate flooring but there are worse buses out there and theyre a nice pair. Just need more umph for the A38.

Bob

How often do deckers go on the X12?

Other Walsall Tony

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on March 27, 2015, 07:01:01 AM
You get one on the X12 most days and the other normally on the 21. Its abit strange having an E200 with leather seats and laminate flooring but there are worse buses out there and theyre a nice pair. Just need more umph for the A38.

Travelled on one on the X12 this week, no obvious lack of umph.
Had one ride on a decker on there a couple of years ago after an accident on the A38, not unusual, alas, caused disruption. If memory serves it was an ex London Trident.
Tony

Tiptonian

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on March 27, 2015, 07:01:01 AM

Many thanks for your reply.

barry619

Quote from: Tiptonian on March 26, 2015, 11:21:00 PM

One of the trade mags did a test on one of the E200s on account of them having AS-Tronic gearboxes as opposed to the normal Allison or Voith. The gearbox didn't come in for too much praise but the buses are capable of over 60mph according to the article.

Bob

Does the classic metrobus ever see use?

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Bob on March 27, 2015, 06:22:27 PM
Does the classic metrobus ever see use?

Been out once in the last year and abit

mikestone

Detail of the X13 now on their website.
;
Also extending some Burton 10 services via Yoxall and Kings Bromley to Lichfield as 810s to cover  the diversion of most Arriva services -
;
Arriva changes are also available at
;
http://www.arrivabus.co.uk/midlands/updates/revised-bus-services-in-burton-uttoxeter-coalville-lichfield-leicestershire-from-12-april1/
;
although the links from it lead to the current timetable. The new ones are in traveline - existing 7s via the A38 become X7 but two minutes slower!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk